Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
Hello,
im trying to book some business tickets using the M&B portal on the website from JFK-GRU on O6
the portal is showing availability in Economy only, but Expertflyer is showing Business availability on the day I want to travel.
is the only way to get these J tickets through a booking with the call centre?
my date of travel is 07/07/18

thanks
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:45 pm

Does Aegean Airlines take a while to charge CC for flights booked online? I booked two separate tickets on Aegean Air and Olympic Air website (revenue, not award flights) two days ago using my Amex Platinum card and the charges aren't even in pending. I was issued confirmation #'s and ticket #'s so I assumed the charges went through.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:07 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
For me it goes to pending instantly, then charge next business day.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aegean Mils & Bonus
Anyone used the Holmes coupon? What does it entail? Just entry, or some other perks that might be enjoyable for me +1 in Athens?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Help with segment/miles run

Can anyone with a true FT spirit help me?

Looking for a segment/miles run from TLV. Departing April 20th and returning on the 21st.
I need 4 segments, maximum miles and minimum $$$

Thank you!
(I don't care about the destination, everything I find is more than 350 Euro)
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Houminer

Looking for a segment/miles run from TLV. Departing April 20th and returning on the 21st.
I need 4 segments, maximum miles and minimum $$$

Thank you!
(I don't care about the destination, everything I find is more than 350 Euro)

Your problem is that both ATH-TLV flights are really expensive on 21st - B class at least. I'm not sure if there's some kind of public holiday but I don't think so. You'll have to be more creative if you really have to return on that day - finish your 4th segment somewhere where there is a cheap low-cost flight back to TLV.

EDIT: Or do a same day turn to northern Europe. You can leave TLV 01:15 on 20th to CDG at 09:20 and then return at 16:40, arriving TLV 02:00 on 21st. This is available for 386 Euro. 4 segments, 4212 miles and all flights are in at least S class so you could use upgrade vouchers too. Alternatively, you can actually take the 20:45 from Paris, arrive Athens 1am and then have 23 hours there (see the city after a sleep) and arrive TLV 02:00 on 22nd for the same price. Still not cheap, but reasonable for the number of miles. You can do something similar to MUC for 338 Euro, but that's only 3488 miles. How bad do you need the miles? You can do a same-day to Rome for 188 Euro - 3200 miles and 7hrs at destination. Or LCA for 146 Euro.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Feb 19, 2018 at 3:32 am
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Houminer
Fancy one day in Athens and the next in the fantastic Turkish Airlines lounge!?!

A3 flights book into P, P, S, S - so the MAD-ATH-IST flights are upgradable (haven't checked availability).

All comes in at around 315.80 EUR with A3 flights earning 3,940 tier miles plus the TK flight books into Q fare, so approximately 500 tier miles with that too!

Last edited by headingwest; Feb 19, 2018 at 3:20 am
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:12 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Nice find. However that MAD-ATH-IST red-eye is brutal.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH SEN, DL PM
You should Check TLV-ATH-LHR it's the most miles for money in my opinion. I found return with your dates for less than 300 bucks.
If you book two separate tickets it's even cheaper
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:06 pm

Sometimes Austrian is a good choice as well. Business Saver Z fare gives 2000 miles per cross-border segment, so it's quite easy to get 8000 miles for less than 450€.
Plus, Vienna is pretty and you'll get plenty of classical music on board
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Sometimes Austrian is a good choice as well. Business Saver Z fare gives 2000 miles per cross-border segment, so it's quite easy to get 8000 miles for less than 450€.
Plus, Vienna is pretty and you'll get plenty of classical music on board
First, it's expensive, second, I think that Houminer also needs the four segments on A3 to re-qualify, so Austrian would be absolutely useless for him.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Thank you everyone for the spirit an replies!

I booked:
TLV-ATH-DUS-ATH-TLV giving me 24 hours in DUS.
The outbound was supposed to be 85 Euro but booking into P so I added 35 Euro and booked Flex. The total price was 256 Euro giving me 4 segments and 3534 miles.
All 4 segments are now upgraded with vouchers!

headingwest likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
First, it's expensive, second, I think that Houminer also needs the four segments on A3 to re-qualify, so Austrian would be absolutely useless for him.
I know, I was just adding some random knowledge on a discussion where 10 miles per euro spent seemed common.

I didn't know that 450€ was expensive. I am extremely interested in having your advice about cheaper 8000 miles for 4 Business segments in Europe
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by LacMajeur
I know, I was just adding some random knowledge on a discussion where 10 miles per euro spent seemed common.

I didn't know that 450€ was expensive. I am extremely interested in having your advice about cheaper 8000 miles for 4 Business segments in Europe
Well, expensive is a relative term: If somebody thinks that €350 is too much, then €400 is way too much Otherwise you're right. In terms of *A, also LX used to have the possibility of cheap intra-European flights via ZRH (I used them a lot in my pre-A3 days, along with AF/KL) but they've changed their miles acquisition "system" now, and you get very few miles even for business.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
Is anyone able to get availability for Intra USA travel on the award miles booking tool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.