Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: A3 *G
I tend to agree that there is some sort of human intervention - just to check each upgrade. For sure, there can't be more 5 or 10 per day surely? After all we're taking about Gold upgrades, no renewals. Maybe there are more when that person comes to work after a weekend.

Originally Posted by nini_su
It happens retroactively on the day you reach the requirements, not on the day when the FFP Department actually upgrades you.)
This certainly isn't how it happened for me (but that was nearly five years ago - just after the 'new' program launched). Hopefully they've fixed that now. I lost the award miles from a flight I took the day after my qualifying flight.

WOW I just realised it took them FIVE days to upgrade me, not three as I've said in other posts. 20/03 ATH-ARN was my Gold qualification flight and I got nothing for ARN-LHR the next day. I was particularly annoyed because I'd booked that flight in SASPlus solely for the extra miles towards re-qalification!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Just checked, at took them 3 days to upgrade me to gold in 2018.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
Hmm, not sure why that's different for me, but here's my records:

I remember that I had seen the miles coming in for the two flights on 15/1 on the same day already, while the upgrade happened on the next day, yet it shows up also for 15/1 in the transactions list.

More importantly, I'm now missing 10,662 miles (+A3/OA segments of course) for requalification, so that means the 138 surplus miles from the A3 flight on 15/1 are counting towards the next year.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:48 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Gold Anniversary Date & Losing Coupons

Hello! Is it correct that one's Gold qualification date is "locked in" as the account anniversary date? That is, the first year you qualify for Gold, the date that you qualify is now the "renewal" or "anniversary" date for your account in perpetuity?

As a second question, when you requalify for Gold (earlier than the anniversary date for instance), do you lose the unused upgrade coupons? Or do the unused coupons instead fall away at the account anniversary date? I ask because this is the case when one qualifies for Gold from Silver: you lose your unused Silver upgrade coupons. If you do lose them prematurely, it would follow that you should try to use them before qualifying for Gold again, I would think.

As a third question haha, do tier miles roll over to the following year? For example, if you re-qualify for gold "early," do any subsequent flights in that same "account year" begin to qualify you for Gold for a subsequent year?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
1. Yes, the anniversary date is locked in and doesn't change over time.
2. No, the old ones remain valid till the year is over. Only then will the new ones become available.
3. No, tier miles only roll over from silver to gold but not when requalifying for gold.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by Cookoovaya
Which lounge does A3 use in LGW?
Had an amazing truffle mac and cheese there!
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
1. Yes, the anniversary date is locked in and doesn't change over time.
2. No, the old ones remain valid till the year is over. Only then will the new ones become available.
3. No, tier miles only roll over from silver to gold but not when requalifying for gold.

Hope this helps
Gotcha! Thank you very much. This will very much help in planning.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:30 pm

Programs: A3*G
Mileage expiration?

I used to be gold member, then switched program. I just got downgraded to Blue status.

What are the current rules for mileage/account expiration? I think it used to be 36 or 48 months since last activity, but I don't find a clear answer here: https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: A3 gold, BA silver, IHG platinum, Hilton Gold
Quick question on your take:

ATH - LHR flight got delayed due to ATC restrictions(as per aegean's emails). my LHR-ATH was then delayed, causing me to miss my ATH-SKG connection and therefore spending the night in athens.
do I have grounds for eu261 , as my misconnection was caused due to a knock-on effect?

Also a nice datapoint, in the return segment ATH-LHR I booked an upfront seat(A3 *G), and aegean blocked the seat next to me , so there is some seat blocking mechanism at least for aegean's golds.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by HEhatesusall
Quick question on your take:

ATH - LHR flight got delayed due to ATC restrictions(as per aegean's emails). my LHR-ATH was then delayed, causing me to miss my ATH-SKG connection and therefore spending the night in athens.
do I have grounds for eu261 , as my misconnection was caused due to a knock-on effect?

Also a nice datapoint, in the return segment ATH-LHR I booked an upfront seat(A3 *G), and aegean blocked the seat next to me , so there is some seat blocking mechanism at least for aegean's golds.
I'm afraid that you will have a hard time claiming EC261 in that case. The incoming flight was delayed due to reasons beyond the carrier's control. This in turn caused the delay in your flight, as it was operated by the same aircraft. Given that A3 do not have a hub or base in LHR, there is not much they could have done to prevent the delay of the return flight, and they cannot be reasonably expected to have a bird parked and a crew on standby in LHR just in case there is something wrong with an incoming flight.

Duty of care though still applies, so hopefully they did pay for you stay in Athens.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:47 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
As a second question, when you requalify for Gold (earlier than the anniversary date for instance), do you lose the unused upgrade coupons? Or do the unused coupons instead fall away at the account anniversary date? I ask because this is the case when one qualifies for Gold from Silver: you lose your unused Silver upgrade coupons. If you do lose them prematurely, it would follow that you should try to use them before qualifying for Gold again, I would think.
While the unused coupons expire at the anniversary date, you CAN apply them to a booking past the anniversary date. As long as you apply them before the expiry/anniversary date.

This can be tricky though, depending on the time of year. This will only work if you can apply them straight away, it will not work if you are waitlisted for a flight beyond the expiry date.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi all,
On the way to Star gold, will do a little Greece bound, and am looking at a return booking in Agean website LHR-SKG with a stopover in Athens.
This seems a stupid question, but does this qualify as 4 flights/segments? as I would be flying LHR - ATH - SKG - ATH _LHR

Or it's better to buy LHR ATH LHR and then ATH SKG ATH separately in order to count as 4 flights/segments?

Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:35 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
LHR-ATH-SKG return on one ticket will qualify as 4 segments.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
LHR-ATH-SKG return on one ticket will qualify as 4 segments.
thank you!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:31 am

sorry to go at it again, but looking at other options, saw some LON - SKG via Germany, booking through Agean website.
it would also be 4 flights, but two of them operated by Lufthansa even though with a A3 code.

does it counts or needs to be A3 metal?

thank you once more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.