Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by powergean
You only dont pay the changeing fee, if you have a flex ticket. And i think, you can also cancel and taking money back( not all the price, but better then nothing.
Look like I'll be waiting then for a different sale and a better knowledge of when I can make a guaranteed booking. With the ticket costing 100 euro round trip the 60 euro charge for a refund makes it not worth it to me. In that case just savings 20 euro each way by buying light would be the same cost is something goes wrong and cheaper if nothing bad happens.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:36 pm

• Unlimited ticket changes without rebooking fee
  • Refundable ticket in case of cancellation
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:44 pm

Yes! Sure. Flex for me is only good, in thes covid situation because governments changing all the time the rules , and you dont know if next week you can enter somewhere, or not. In thes case if the flight is not cancelled, by Aegean, you loose all your money.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:44 pm

• Unlimited ticket changes without rebooking fee
  • Refundable ticket in case of cancellation
The question came because if this line.
Spoiler

It is just worded in a funky way. It makes it sound as long as it the same class no fare difference is due.
Sadly it sound like the only thing that is waved is the fee and not the fare difference even in the same class. Which makes buying flex ticket in promoting a bad value proposition.
​​​​​​
Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:52 pm

You right, is very smart written by lawyers:-)))
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:01 am

Programs: A3*G
I have a ticket fro RHO-ATH-LHR-ATH-RHO in October. A few days ago I received a notification that the last leg (ATH-RHO) has been cancelled.
This was the latest ATH-RHO flight of the day, which means that their cancellation leaves me in ATH for the night and I'll have to fly next day in the morning.
Since they cancelled the flight, aren't they supposed to cover accommodation?

Last edited by georgetasioulis; Aug 24, 2020 at 4:18 am
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:08 am

No, since they cancelled well ahead of your flight. This is not covered by any Greek nor by EU rules, other than you can cancel your ticket and have it reimbursed/rescheduled even if not allowed to. At any rate, you can always ask them, but it would amaze me if they said yes.
powergean likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 7:41 am

I think also the same.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 7:46 am

I dont belive, only if you already somewhere, and your plan is not coming, or because of something your flight can not land at the originale destination..ect. Thes is long time before, a normal cancellation.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 2:42 pm

Is it me only or I see prices that I had to see years for Christmas and next summer?
Someone needs desperately money.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Anubis13
Is it me only or I see prices that I had to see years for Christmas and next summer?
Someone needs desperately money.
There having another sale not too soon after the last 50% off sale.
As I haven't heard of them getting a bailout, needing cash is most likely there top priority.
powergean likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:27 pm

Which route? I see very cheap flights .....
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:36 pm

Yes ! But ,,As I haven't heard of them getting a bailout" is not 100% true. The greek voucher low ( no cash refund for cancelled flights) was a way of bailout..
Old Aug 24, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Yes ! But ,,As I haven't heard of them getting a bailout" is not 100% true. The greek voucher low ( no cash refund for cancelled flights) was a way of bailout..
Slightly delusional thought there if you think that the voucher scam is enough to keep them going. They need more CASH now!
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:12 am

Of course they need cash, like all the other airlines. But i dont think, that Aegean is in a critical position. They are from the few airlines, who are continueing taking the new aircrafts from Airbus, so for sure they have strong reserve .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.