Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:25 pm

If you start booking, You cant see the earning miles?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:51 pm
hcl

Originally Posted by powergean
If you start booking, You cant see the earning miles?
Yeah but those miles are intended for Miles and More, not M&B
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:19 pm

Why dont you call Aegean to ask?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:25 pm
hcl

Originally Posted by powergean
Why dont you call Aegean to ask?
I will, but I trust more the FT community
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Eurowings is not *A and thus cannot earn you miles with M+B.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:32 pm
hcl

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Eurowings is not *A and thus cannot earn you miles with M+B.
That's clear but it says operated by Brussel Airline hence my question
powergean likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by hcl
if you don't find the answer until fly, just put into booking A3 FF number, if doesn't earn any miles then retroclaim to M&M.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:03 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
*A is purely metal. So if it is Eurowings metal then it will not earn. Even if the pilots are Brussels Airlines.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by hcl
,, the FT community " will not give you any miles:-) And call Aegean, if you have time enough, because i think you will listen music for 20 min, until they will found out:-))

Last edited by powergean; Feb 8, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Old Feb 9, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hcl
That's clear but it says operated by Brussel Airline hence my question
It's ex-FRA, that's 100% an EW flight. You can give Aegean a call and ask but I really don't think you can expect to earn any miles on the flight.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We were given a Voucher last year (May 9th)due to the pandemic. The voucher is valid for bookings and flights that will take place within the next 18 months, from the date that this email was sent(ie May 9th). We used that voucher and booked flights for this May. Now we have to cancel and re-book for next year. Now does the original expiry apply if we rebook. When I rebooked for May 2021 I booked the Flex fare which allows for changes.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
We were given a Voucher last year (May 9th)due to the pandemic. The voucher is valid for bookings and flights that will take place within the next 18 months, from the date that this email was sent(ie May 9th). We used that voucher and booked flights for this May. Now we have to cancel and re-book for next year. Now does the original expiry apply if we rebook. When I rebooked for May 2021 I booked the Flex fare which allows for changes.
My guess is that the expiration date on the Credit Voucher is for when the voucher is redeemed (i.e. when the booking is made) and not the date of the flight.
matio_svk likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
My guess is that the expiration date on the Credit Voucher is for when the voucher is redeemed (i.e. when the booking is made) and not the date of the flight.

Thank you thats what I guessed as well but just wasn't sure. Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2021, 4:50 pm

I vaguely remember reading something in a thread here about the new rules in place regarding seat upgrades with miles, but can't find the info I need now:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...436.1574698429
As of 15.09.2020 the reservation must be ticketed, under the Flex or Comfort Flex fare category to be eligible for Upgrade Award. Booking classes not eligible for seat upgrade award are: U, P T
Has anyone actually attempted to redeem miles to upgrade a Flex or Comfort Flex U, P or T fare? Didn't this rule use to be "not eligible are U, P, T light fares"? Strangely enough the "same" condition regarding upgrades with upgrade vouchers has remained as it was, not excluding U, P, T Flex or Comfort Flex fares, so I was considering the possibility that this might be an interpretation/expression error on behalf of the airline and that they still allow upgrades with miles in all flex and comfort flex fare... Any input on this would be greately appreciated.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by giorginho
I vaguely remember reading something in a thread here about the new rules in place regarding seat upgrades with miles, but can't find the info I need now:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...436.1574698429
Has anyone actually attempted to redeem miles to upgrade a Flex or Comfort Flex U, P or T fare? Didn't this rule use to be "not eligible are U, P, T light fares"? Strangely enough the "same" condition regarding upgrades with upgrade vouchers has remained as it was, not excluding U, P, T Flex or Comfort Flex fares, so I was considering the possibility that this might be an interpretation/expression error on behalf of the airline and that they still allow upgrades with miles in all flex and comfort flex fare... Any input on this would be greately appreciated.
Well in chapter 11, 3rd section no. 3 of the T&Cs of the M+B program it says the same. Unless that is not correct, you will need to book a flight in flex or comfort flex and booking classes U, P, T are excluded.* Unfortunately, I have no recent experience to share.

* For an upgrade with miles, not voucher of course.
giorginho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.