Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by dand99
Re lounge access passes - does anyone know if the M&B member has to be one of the travelers ?
I can't remember where the information is from, but I thought the owner can allow someone lounge access even if the owner isn't flying ?
Yes, gold member can bring one guest , and only if guest traveling on the same flight.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by powergean
Yes, gold member can bring one guest , and only if guest traveling on the same flight.
I believe he's asking something different - because "if the owner isn't flying" then he can't reach the lounge anyway, right?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:46 am

Yes, without the gold member he can not enter the lounge. And even the member is there, must be on the same flight, not like before.

Last edited by powergean; Aug 12, 2021 at 10:58 am
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:19 pm

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon.../#aegeanwidget
Benefit with Aegean
Access to all Aegean Club LoungesEnjoy more time before your departure, relaxing in our "Aegean Club Lounges" (Athens, Thessaloniki and Larnaka). The benefit can be used by you and a guest, when travelling with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline. A guest is considered any person over the age of two years of age. Infants under the age of two years of age traveling with an Eligible Customer may accompany them to the lounge.It is clarified that the member is entitled to the benefit, provided that the Miles+Bonus member ID is included in the booking and the Miles+Bonus card is displayed.
Benefit with Star Alliance
Airport lounge accessWhen you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, you and a guest who travels on the same flight with you*, can escape the crowds and relax in over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, regardless of your class of travel. Click here to find all the available lounges.*The precondition that your guest travels on the same flight with you in order to have access to the lounges, is effective as of 03.05.2021.
The way I read this, you can bring a guest in Aegean's own lounges regardless of the flight, but of course they had to comply with the new Star Alliance rules when entering a partner's lounge (where you both need to be on the same flight).

Lounge vouchers: (regarding silver members and only Aegean's lounges) https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon.../#aegeanwidget
Access to all Aegean Club LoungesAccess your Miles+Bonus account online, click on "My coupons" option from the navigation list and get benefit of 4 coupons offering access to any Aegean Club Lounge (Athens, Thessaloniki and Larnaka). The benefit can be used by you and a guest of your choice, when traveling with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline. A guest is considered any person over the age of two years, while free access is provided to infants under the age of two years traveling with you. It is clarified that, in addition to the one guest that you are allowed to, you may use more than one of your coupons at the same time, per flight, in order to enable the entrance of additional guests to the Aegean Club Lounge. In such a case, one coupon per additional guest must be used.This benefit is provided on a coupon basis upon upgrade or tier renewal and can be used within the period that the tier is valid. It is clarified that the member is entitled to the benefit, provided that the Miles+Bonus member ID is included in the ticket.
The way this is written it is pretty clear that the status holder has to be present, in order for the vouchers to be used by their guests, but how it actually works in practice and if one can just show up with a lounge voucher and enter without having a status, I really can't tell you ​​​​​​.

Last edited by giorginho; Aug 14, 2021 at 1:56 pm Reason: Added the word "how" in the last sentence
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: A3 *G
Indeed one guest allowed, but I wasn't aware they now had to be on the same flight. That wasn't the case around two years ago - I've twice taken in a guest on a different flight. Well, at least I now know.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Flying into Athens on Aegean Business class and connecting onto a flight to Santorini in economy with no Star Alliance Gold. Would I get lounge access in ATH?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:32 am

There's no welcome lounge, so no, you won't. And even if you did have star alliance gold, you still wouldn't get in any lounge
When travelling on Olympic Air, only Miles and Bonus Gold members and Business Class passengers have access to the Lounges.
*Νot available for Gold Star Alliance members travelling with Olympic Air.
United and Turkish will earn you miles when flying Olympic, but I don't know if having gold status with them actually gets you in the lounge (there's no mention of such a perk on either website).
jer3 likes this.

Last edited by giorginho; Aug 18, 2021 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: Agean, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Flying Blue, Virgin, Avis
Still confused on the rules for keeping an Agean account active, after having searched flyertalk threads (mostly old). I have a good amount of miles, but am coming up on the 24 month anniversary of my last flight.

I understand that award miles don't expire as long as the account is active*, but I haven't found anything in the T&Cs that defines what active means?

Does this include a) spending miles, b) buying miles, or only c) flying?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:14 am

Does this include a) spending miles, b) buying miles, or only c) flying?
romans likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Surely some miles from a hotel booking (via Aegean's website/Booking), would reset the clock. Just an idea.

Last edited by headingwest; Sep 6, 2021 at 10:14 am Reason: rephrased for clarity
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:10 pm

andybryant I believe the time on the "clock" runs out after 48 months of inactivity (at least that's what they told me on the phone about 2 years ago). So I wouldn't worry about it yet.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: Agean, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Flying Blue, Virgin, Avis
Thanks. Yes - the old rules were 48 months, but the current rules seem to be they don't expire (although the account itself may expire at some point of inactivity, but what triggers that is unknown). I expect to do at least one star alliance flight in the next 2 years - so think I'm good for now.

On twitter (DM) they responded "Hi Andy, Award Miles are accumulated from flights with AEGEAN, Olympic Air, Star Alliance member-airlines and products and services of the Programs partners do not expire. Thank you"
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:12 pm

Has anyone checked lately to see if the "trick" to book a higher fare than the one currently available is working? I believe in the past if you dummy booked some seats and then did a new search then the more expensive fares would appear (the dummy-booked fares would disappear for several hours). Try as I may, I can get a more expensive fare to show up by adding 9 passengers to the dummy booking but even when I take it to the payment site and then try a new search on a different device, it shows me all the cheap fares all over again ​​​​​​. I don't want to pay the 20€ call center fee for that, in such a case I might as well just book business class.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:14 am

Replying to self: It finally worked out today, yesterday I needed to block 17 or 18 seats before it jumped to the S fare, but then again I was presented with T's, today I needed to reserve "just" 13 seats and after that I did get the S fare that hands out the miles I needed to reach gold . Crazy times, so many gold members getting demoted, not being able to fly, and I'm going from blue to gold with just 6 flights within 11 months, which is less than I usually fly and I never even considered pursuing status. :O

In the aforementioned process I got the feeling (but it's just a hunch, I have no solid evidence) that Aegean must be running an algorithm or security program that detects multiple (near-simultaneous) connections and/or booking attempts from a unique IP and/or device and this maaaaay be why this didn't work out yesterday (I tried with different devices and IP addresses today and it worked).
romans likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by giorginho
Replying to self: It finally worked out today, yesterday I needed to block 17 or 18 seats before it jumped to the S fare, but then again I was presented with T's, today I needed to reserve "just" 13 seats and after that I did get the S fare that hands out the miles I needed to reach gold . Crazy times, so many gold members getting demoted, not being able to fly, and I'm going from blue to gold with just 6 flights within 11 months, which is less than I usually fly and I never even considered pursuing status. :O

In the aforementioned process I got the feeling (but it's just a hunch, I have no solid evidence) that Aegean must be running an algorithm or security program that detects multiple (near-simultaneous) connections and/or booking attempts from a unique IP and/or device and this maaaaay be why this didn't work out yesterday (I tried with different devices and IP addresses today and it worked).
Nah, it just depends how many seats are in each fare bucket. There are probably just a lot of U,T class seats available - maybe more than usual due to reduced travel and the time of year. 13 isn't that many really. Once you find a flight that says something like "3 seats remaining at this price" it works just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.