Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Claiming missing miles

So I have 2 tickets that haven’t been posted. (One J and one F). Both flights are eligible per the website LH A and a CM R fare

I tried inputting them but I get

35-Your request has been rejected. The specific booking class is not eligible for mileage accrual”

I called Customer Service only to be told to email. It’s been 3 months and haven’t heard back thinking that it would be resolved. I also attached the boarding passes. The email I did receive was more like an automatic reply.

is there a better way to contact them? Should I huca? I’m silver and these flights would push me to Gold.

any tips and advices Id appreciate.

thanks
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:52 pm

Is there a way to call M&B's Gold member line other than calling the Greek number (and paying for an international call)?
KL808 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Delete
Old Oct 10, 2021, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
Is there a way to call M&B's Gold member line other than calling the Greek number (and paying for an international call)?
Simple: call the number using Skype (or a similar application)!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
Does anyone know if you can retroactively apply for partner airline miles credit for a flight that took place before opening your Aegean account? I found some old replies from the early 2010s that said yes but cannot find any confirmation.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:13 pm

My data input is also from 2012. For whatever reason I was offered at the Aegean (!) business class check-in desk at Athens airport the opportunity to create a "miles" account, which of course I jumped at (that was my first flight since 2004 and I was already in the "game" with loyalty schemes in other industries), but the Aegean agent (!) created a Lufthansa Miles&More account for me, which of course I only realised after I received the membership card. I phoned Aegean and they instructed me to fax my request to delete the account to Lufthansa, which I did, and after that Aegean was able to actually credit the miles from that flight to my newly opened Miles&Bonus account (2000 + 2000 registration bonus).
Now if you're interested in keeping that other account active, you would have to get the airline in question to un-credit those miles, then make the request to Aegean to credit them there. If the miles become "available", I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it.
If you haven't credited them anywhere at all, well, again, 2012 it was no issue to credit them. Unless they've added a specific term in their rules that prohibits this (assuming the flights took place within 12 months prior to opening the account and not further back), it should work out fine.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:01 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by RK23
Does anyone know if you can retroactively apply for partner airline miles credit for a flight that took place before opening your Aegean account? I found some old replies from the early 2010s that said yes but cannot find any confirmation.
Yes, it definitely works fine. I've done it twice with friends who had been travelling a lot. Each credited 4 or 5 flights. I wanted them for my Together account!
giorginho and RK23 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Simple: call the number using Skype (or a similar application)!
That's not really a soĺution for me.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by RK23
yes definitively it works perfectly. i did it yesterday - created miles & bonus account for my wife and added our historic flights - all flights (includes lufthansa and austrian) she did in last months were possible to add to her account on "claim miles" page

- award miles were added correctly
- tier miles were correctly credited to her account (so, she immediately went silver with "renewal" date on 12.10 next year...

as i remember from terms in conditions, there is possible to claim flights 12 months back in history (and for some few partner airlines only 6 months).
headingwest, giorginho and RK23 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Total newbie question from me here: my year ends on 23/5 so any flights taken on 24/5 would qualify for the new year, right? I’m trying to get a head start on requalifying for 2023 so don’t want to mis-time it. The card expiry date of 24th always confuses me. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 17, 2021, 7:08 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
You are correct.
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Is there a Aegean Gold member telephone number?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by KL808
Is there a Aegean Gold member telephone number?
Yes, but only a Greek one, as far as I know. I took me a long time to find it: When you log in to your M&B account on the Aegenair website, scroll to the very bottom. It's there on the left hand side.

Today, about an hour ago, the wait time was not materially different than the normal hotline (which has many international numbers to call, including a free 833 number in North America). However, at the normal hotline, they play you all kinds of announcements and information about what you should go check on the website before you can actually talk to a human. They spared me that on the Gold line.
KL808 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:35 pm

(posted as thread)

Last edited by F722; Oct 24, 2021 at 4:39 pm
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
I may have done something dumb.

I managed to swing a trip out in January, thanks to some amazing sales, but wanted to tie this with my annual attempt to pilgrimage to ATH for the fun of requalifying. But then I got greedy and booked something.
LUX-ATH-SKG|Overnight 00:10-08:00|SKG-ATH-HER|10:50-14:35|HER-ATH
Booked as LUX-SKG, SKG-HER, and HER-ATH on separate tickets.

The issue is when I tried to book SKG-ATH-HER-ATH I couldn't, at least not with the turn I wanted to make. It would let me take the 17:50 flight to ATH, but I need to be on a flight to FRA at that time.
So my question is whether that layover in HER is going to cause me big trouble, even though it shouldn't. Also... I suddenly realized this is on the 6th so... is this kind of a really, really bad idea?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.