Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by giorginho
I have an answer for that now, as I called today to make some changes that I needed.
It is what I assumed the 2nd time (that "OR...").
We are seeing the reduced (by 25%) amount of miles required for the qualification/upgrade etc., which is because of an offer Aegean started last September. That offer is due to expire for flights up to September 29th 2021. That's what I was told. My guess is, that after September 29th honzeek_cz will need the same miles he needs now +6000 (because of that promotion it's as if we got 6000 "towards gold" miles credited to us on that date, as if we registered a flight for 6000 minus the segment :P). We actually have incredibly similar requirements, as I also need 3700-something miles for retaining silver and 13700-something for retaining gold. The difference of exactly 10.000 miles between silver and gold requirements is also proof that you are seeing the reduced amount of miles required. Normally, after you have reached silver, you would need 8000 for retaining silver and 24.000 for reaching gold, so that difference is almost always 16.000 and not 10.000, as it is now for both of us (and quite a few others probably :P). So its 13k miles until Sept. 29th or 19k miles until whenever the date you reached silver was + 12 months.
I don't know why Aegean hadn't picked up on this until a few days ago, but anyway, that was that...

Thanks for detailed hints, it makes more sense now.
giorginho likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Guys I noticed that flights that I've flown, and know should get miles on, shows "zero" award miles and "875" tier miles. I have multiple of these even on long sector from IST-LAX in J showing zero award miles but a number under tier miles.

So does that mean those flights I took only received tier miles and did not post to my account? I cant really tell right now because I'm in a "together" account.

Is it counted or should I ring them up?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by KL808
Guys I noticed that flights that I've flown, and know should get miles on, shows "zero" award miles and "875" tier miles. I have multiple of these even on long sector from IST-LAX in J showing zero award miles but a number under tier miles.

So does that mean those flights I took only received tier miles and did not post to my account? I cant really tell right now because I'm in a "together" account.

Is it counted or should I ring them up?
In a together account you have 2 lists of transactions, "my transactions" and "together transactions".
My guess is that you are looking at the together transactions which only record the award miles (since those go into the together account).
Under my transactions you'll find the exact opposite, tier miles but 0 award miles. Those go into your account (where only tier miles matter).

Edit: exact opposite, you are looking at "my transactions" and not "together transactions". So flip everything I wrote
KL808 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Another question guys.

Air Canada "P" Fare - AC flight number operated by Lufthansa. Does one get miles? Route in question is YYZ-FRA (AC9104)
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by KL808
Another question guys.

Air Canada "P" Fare - AC flight number operated by Lufthansa. Does one get miles? Route in question is YYZ-FRA (AC9104)
I guess no because it's flight operated by Lufthansa and P = 0.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Anyone know if the Aegean Club is open in Athens? I’m flying UA into ATH but have a layover. Lufthansa is a partner club too, but I’m not hearing much out of Athens. Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Anyone know if the Aegean Club is open in Athens? I’m flying UA into ATH but have a layover. Lufthansa is a partner club too, but I’m not hearing much out of Athens. Thanks!
All the lounges are open as far as I know - they were three weeks ago when I was there. You have to be aware of two or three things though:

You have a layover, so lounge access will depend on your onward ticket - there is no 'arrival' lounge access.
If you're on another *A carrier, great. If you are UA Gold, you can't get lounge access (With Aegean or Lufthansa) for flights operated by Olympic.
The LH lounge is in the 'B' gate area (intra-Scengen). Depending on your connection, you might be departing from the 'A' gates. You should still be able to get to the 'B' gates lounges, but this will take longer (extra trips through security).

What/with whom is your connection?
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:00 am

Pay attention, there is a special collaboration with OA/UA, so i think the OP might be eligible to the A3 lounge. It has also been reported before here on FT.
giorginho likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
The situation on Paros scared us off of a trip next week. I called Aegean to change our dates for domestic flights (I tried online but repeatedly received an error message) and was told that the schedule is only loaded till end of March but that I could change the tickets to an "open date" good for a year after date of purchase and that when rebooking we would be charged 20E. The telephone agent told me that she wasn't able to send me an email but assured me that our tickets would be good to use as she described. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Does anyone have any experiences flying in from a non-EU country (not on the whitelist)?

I'm going to be traveling from south america to Athens this month (Via MAD and CDG). EU Citizen having the vaccination certificate. From how I read this page I would not need to bring any test at all, entry with the vaccination papers should work - I'll just be needing to quarantine afterwards (Since flying in from a non-whitelisted country).

By chance has anybody on this board tried this recently from a country in a similar status (Like Turkey, Egypt, etc)?
Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Corfu on Sky Express is our final destination. We’re both in Polaris AND I purchased a membership with United. It’s a long layover so I hope there is at least one that we can use. Aegean didn’t have flights we could make.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:14 pm

thaliajen https://www.skyexpress.gr/en/sky-exp...ecutive-lounge
Old Aug 3, 2021, 7:30 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Corfu on Sky Express is our final destination. We’re both in Polaris AND I purchased a membership with United. It’s a long layover so I hope there is at least one that we can use. Aegean didn’t have flights we could make.
There is no arrival lounge benefit with UA as far as I am aware? So access will be given based on your onward flight, which is not with a *A carrier (Sky Express). It looks like Sky Express does allow purchasing lounge access with your booking (Though that is for a very mediocre lounge in Athens). You could also try priority pass.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Re lounge access passes - does anyone know if the M&B member has to be one of the travelers ?
I can't remember where the information is from, but I thought the owner can allow someone lounge access even if the owner isn't flying ?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by dand99
Re lounge access passes - does anyone know if the M&B member has to be one of the travelers ?
I can't remember where the information is from, but I thought the owner can allow someone lounge access even if the owner isn't flying ?
In the past I remember they offered a small number (2 or 4?) of lounge passes to A3*G with which someone could enter the lounge even if the member was not flying, but that's many years go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.