Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:35 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
There is no more "Add to Wallet" for my M+B card on their website and mobile app?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GBobon
There is no more "Add to Wallet" for my M+B card on their website and mobile app?
I just looked at the app and it still shows on mine.

I clicked the blue tab My Miles+Bonus Account and when that loaded, the Add to Apple Wallet was showing under the card.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by intuition
Is there a list of domestic routes that has business class? Or are all domestic flights served with 2-class cabins?
I believe just SKG, HER, CHQ, CFU and RHO from Athens.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by xichang08
I just looked at the app and it still shows on mine.

I clicked the blue tab My Miles+Bonus Account and when that loaded, the Add to Apple Wallet was showing under the card.
I don't have it anymore (iPhone X with iOS 12 Dev beta)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: A3*G LH*G
Recently I was refused Miles+Bonus miles on LH P-class ticket (discounted business). Now I'm going to fly on AC ticket partly operated by LH, and again LH part of the journey will be P-class. Will it be calculated according to the ticketing or operating airline? That makes a substantial difference (for LH P the accrual factor is round fat 0%, while for AC same class yields 200% only).
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:21 am

It will be calculated based on the operating airline. Your best course of action in this case is to credit (or retro-claim) the miles to another Star Alliance FF-program.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:53 am

In the case of code-shares you always get the miles due to the operating airline, meaning 0 this time due to LH's P "policy". You'd also get 0 miles for code-shares of *A flights (including A3, in the case of M&B) operated by a non-*A company. Yes, life is not fair...
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: A3*G LH*G
RedChili, KLouis - thank you for the clarification.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Always check for LH P class at the time of booking, some of those fares can be quite expensive. If it's a P fare, I always take my business elsewhere. They've forgotten we have a choice!
headingwest likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
I'm travelling to VGO via LIS return on a TP fare (100% miles accrual). The second leg (LIS-VGO) is operated by White Airways. Flights, ticket numbers and ticket itineraries are all TP-based. Does it mean that I will be awarded miles for the LIS-VGO and VGO-LIS legs or I don't stand any chance?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:32 am

if its a TAP flight but operated by White Airways (wet lease) then youll get the miles, if its a codeshare on white airways flights, then youll not get them... and one more point... I wouldnt be so sure about 100% miles accrual, there are many topics about their stupid booking classes. good luck and safe travels.
DUBBRU likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Tier vs Award miles on partners

I have just signed up and would like to get your input on the following:

(1) 1,000 miles sign up bonus - as far as I can see this is only an award bonus - no tier bonus, correct?
(2) do the miles shown for partner airlines refer to both award and tier miles? Let’s say I do an 8,000 mile ride on Austrian Y (based on Aegean, it’s worth 100% of the distance miles) - do I then get
(a) 8,000 tier miles AND 8,000 award miles or
(b) 8,000 tier miles OR 8,000 award miles ?

looking forward to your input
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:06 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RCAQ01
I have just signed up and would like to get your input on the following:

(1) 1,000 miles sign up bonus - as far as I can see this is only an award bonus - no tier bonus, correct?
(2) do the miles shown for partner airlines refer to both award and tier miles? Let’s say I do an 8,000 mile ride on Austrian Y (based on Aegean, it’s worth 100% of the distance miles) - do I then get
(a) 8,000 tier miles AND 8,000 award miles or
(b) 8,000 tier miles OR 8,000 award miles ?

looking forward to your input
The 1000 miles are award only and do not count towards status.

If you take a flight that earns 8,000 miles then you get both Tier and Award miles. The Award miles are to spend so long as your account remains open. The Tier miles are of no use to you for spending, they merely move you further towards the next status level and will expire at the end of your membership year - you don’t get 16,000 miles to spend.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer

If you take a flight that earns 8,000 miles then you get both Tier and Award miles. The Award miles are to spend so long as your account remains open. The Tier miles are of no use to you for spending, they merely move you further towards the next status level and will expire at the end of your membership year - you don’t get 16,000 miles to spend.
Thanks for your prompt reply!

Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Actually I don't think that is right. I just checked my progression through to Gold status and the 1000 miles sign-up bonus did actually count as Tier miles to enable me to reach Silver. I can't imagine I was just merely lucky!

Surely RCAQ01 only needs to check his account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.