Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Governator
Thanks again for feedback on bags. Still looking for some more advice/comments on my third question, which airports (out of CHQ, MLO, RHO, SKG, HER) are best for turnaround flights of 30-50 minutes on the ground?
There's a separate turnaround thread in this forum. Please have a look there, if you haven't done so yet.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by sokolov
There's a separate turnaround thread in this forum. Please have a look there, if you haven't done so yet.
Sorry, I should have said that I did look there, there is limited info on in-country turnarounds. It seems like HER, SKG and CHQ are generally safe bets. What I wanted was any updated or extended info as I have not traveled in the region so I thought the "Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here" thread was the best option. Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
I'd need your wise advice to my noob question

I have until early November to accumulate 3k tier miles to retain my humble silver status. It will not be before first week of December that I have a UA DUB-ORD flight so it would be a pity to start all over just for three weeks.

Problem is that I am based in DUB which is not very friendly for *A flights, and in economy the majority of LH and all of LX flights I've taken this year yielded no miles. Only good options I had were A3 (obviously), SK and TK. LO flights were cheap but in L and K the miles earned were minimal.

What do you suggest is more beneficial? Buy 200 euro worth tier miles (2000) and find a cheap run at 100ish euro or there is another way? I used also the Matrix to see if there are any cheap runs the forthcoming months, especially to Polish and Scandinavian airports, but unsuccessfully I'm afraid.

Last edited by DUBBRU; Jul 16, 2018 at 3:03 am
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DUBBRU
I'd need your wise advice to my noob question

I have until early November to accumulate 3k tier miles to retain my humble silver status. It will not be before first week of December that I have a UA DUB-ORD flight so it would be a pity to start all over just for three weeks.

Problem is that I am based in DUB which is not very friendly for *A flights, and in economy the majority of LH and all of LX flights I've taken this year yielded no miles. Only good options I had were A3 (obviously), SK and TK. LO flights were cheap but in L and K the miles earned were minimal.

What do you suggest is more beneficial? Buy 200 euro worth tier miles (2000) and find a cheap run at 100ish euro or there is another way? I used also the Matrix to see if there are any cheap runs the forthcoming months, especially to Polish and Scandinavian airports, but unsuccessfully I'm afraid.
Couldn't you hop over from DUB to BHX or MAN on an LCC and then find something more worthwhile from there? (e.g. SK to/via CPH). MAN/BHX-CPH-XXX-CPH-MAN/BHX should give you at least 2400 miles on A3 in Plus.
DUBBRU likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:37 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
or you can ”hunt” a trip in J with OS, segments on Z class give you 2k miles/leg...
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Couldn't you hop over from DUB to BHX or MAN on an LCC and then find something more worthwhile from there? (e.g. SK to/via CPH). MAN/BHX-CPH-XXX-CPH-MAN/BHX should give you at least 2400 miles on A3 in Plus.
Funnily, I do just the opposite. I find both SK and A3 offer GREAT fares from DUB so I regularly 'hop over' TO DUB to fly from there when I need the extra mileage. My next trip to the UK from Greece will be: ATH-OSL-LHR, LHR-ARN-DUB-ATH. The home trip via ARN and DUB cost 22 Euro more than a direct LHR-ATH and gives 3300 miles instead of 1121 from LHR direct on A3.

What do you suggest is more beneficial? Buy 200 euro worth tier miles (2000) and find a cheap run at 100ish euro or there is another way?
I just randomly searched SK flights from DUB in October and the very first flight I found was DUB-ARN-CDG-ARN-DUB for 148 Euro on 6th October, immediate turnaround, yielding 3940 miles.
OR 10 Sep DUB-ARN-HAM, 11 Sep HAM-ARN-DUB, 138 Euro, 3200 miles.
DUB-OSL-DUS, DUS-ARN-DUB, 141 Euro, 3180 miles on many different dates in October.
These are from the SAS website low fare calendar. Given 15 minutes I'm sure you could find something to suit your dates and tastes...
GBobon and DUBBRU like this.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Jul 16, 2018 at 9:09 am
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: A3*S, FB*S, AerClub*S, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Funnily, I do just the opposite. I find both SK and A3 offer GREAT fares from DUB so I regularly 'hop over' TO DUB to fly from there when I need the extra mileage. My next trip to the UK from Greece will be: ATH-OSL-LHR, LHR-ARN-DUB-ATH. The home trip via ARN and DUB cost 22 Euro more than a direct LHR-ATH and gives 3300 miles instead of 1121 from LHR direct on A3.

I just randomly searched SK flights from DUB in October and the very first flight I found was DUB-ARN-CDG-ARN-DUB for 148 Euro on 6th October, immediate turnaround, yielding 3940 miles.
OR 10 Sep DUB-ARN-HAM, 11 Sep HAM-ARN-DUB, 138 Euro, 3200 miles.
DUB-OSL-DUS, DUS-ARN-DUB, 141 Euro, 3180 miles on many different dates in October.
These are from the SAS website low fare calendar. Given 15 minutes I'm sure you could find something to suit your dates and tastes...
Thank you all three for your replies, my (limited) personal SK experience from both DUB and MAN is that MAN has better overall pricing but offers from DUB can be unbeatable. Would you know if CDG and ARN are good for immediate turnarounds or should I be equipped with a fast pace and a fast track to get through security?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by DUBBRU
Thank you all three for your replies, my (limited) personal SK experience from both DUB and MAN is that MAN has better overall pricing but offers from DUB can be unbeatable. Would you know if CDG and ARN are good for immediate turnarounds or should I be equipped with a fast pace and a fast track to get through security?
ARN is probably better - you exit directly into the gate area so no rush at all. I'm not sure how this works at CDG because T1 is a very individually designed terminal. There is a whole thread here on immediate turnarounds in Europe.

Immediate turnarounds in Europe on A3
DUBBRU likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Tier Miles earned after gold requalification

Once I earn enough tier miles to keep *G in the program, how are subsequent tier miles earned treated?

I'm trying to figure out if I should switch earning to another program once I renew gold.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:53 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Status miles are not counted anymore once you have ear enough to renew Gold. Of course you keep earning Award miles.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
What about the emergency exit seats on A320. Going to have a nasty red-eye TLL-ATH in a couple of days.

How does the emergency row look like? Does the row 11 seats have tables between them? Or any other hard partitioner?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:52 am

Which airline has tables between seats in the emergency exit row? I'm asking in order to start flying with them.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by KLouis
Which airline has tables between seats in the emergency exit row? I'm asking in order to start flying with them.
I take it as a no then?

As I'm mostly traveling with my partner, we tend to choose AC or CE seats, almost always the B/D seat will be empty. With movable armrests (look for a button underneath the immovable), this makes surviving the flight quite a bit more probable if you happen to have legs.

CR9 of SK, LO, EE.
AFAIK most of the airlines (LH, SK for sure) that have the A321, the seats around L2 door, sometimes even around R2, L3, R3 doors.
SK B737 series should have them all around the exits.

Could go on with the list, they are quite common.

Last edited by Karl Gustav Annus; Jul 26, 2018 at 7:16 am Reason: fat fingers
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:42 am

@Karl Gustav Annus: Your latest post confused me more then your original question! CR9s are 4 seats abreast, so there can't be any tables "between" between seats. Moreover, if you look at the SK and LH A321 seat maps, there are no tables there either. The only explanation I find is that you mean tables stored in armrests. In that case, though, seats are narrower. Seat guru specifically lists this "handicap" for emergency exit row seats for SK's 737-800 (didn't bother to check their other 737s).
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Is there a list of domestic routes that has business class? Or are all domestic flights served with 2-class cabins?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.