Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Hi, y'all !
Does someone know if a M&B award ticket is cancellable after the (missed) flight? Lifemiles from avianca does allow that, but I'm not able to find anything about that with M&B. And sorry if that has already been answered somewhere.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:32 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Artemio
Hi, y'all !
Does someone know if a M&B award ticket is cancellable after the (missed) flight? Lifemiles from avianca does allow that, but I'm not able to find anything about that with M&B. And sorry if that has already been answered somewhere.
Basically yes, with a redeposit fee.

I happen to be looking at the Ts&Cs right now, so I can quote the relevant section

Originally Posted by A3 terms and conditions
  1. No-show policy: In case of a no-show passenger (i.e. when, despite having issued the Ticket and without having notified Aegean, the passenger does not show up at the airport to fly), all segments of the booking are automatically cancelled. The Member should contact Aegean Airlines Call Center, to request a miles redemption credit and taxes refund, upon a no-show fee of 30 Euros per ticket. In case of a no-show Ticket, Member reserves the right to change the Ticket’s date and time upon a re-issue fee of 20 Euros per ticket on top of the no-show fee (Ticket Change Policy and rules will apply).
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Hi, y'all !
I called today the call center about it and that's what they're saying:

20 EUR cancellation fee with miles&taxes redeposit if canceled before the flight !
30 EUR cancellation fee with miles&taxes redeposit if canceled after the flight !
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I called today the call center about it and that's what they're saying:

20 EUR cancellation fee with miles&taxes redeposit if canceled before the flight !
30 EUR cancellation fee with miles&taxes redeposit if canceled after the flight !
Pretty amazing stuff!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:24 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Hi there, I am a newbie with Aegean. Right now silver and requalifying this year.
Three questions:

1. I have four flight segments this year. Would two of them carry over to next year for Gold Qualification?
2. I have the upgrade vouchers but the higher booking class was quite expensive. How is experience of trying a nice word with boarding staff at the airport showing the vouchers?
3. Can I do a b2b in Athens without leaving transit?

Many thanks for your help
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Quick question: has anyone noticed that fewer drink rounds are done in economy? The last few flights only had one drink round (with the meal) even though the flight was over 3 hours (ams-ath)

Originally Posted by Shl
Hi there, I am a newbie with Aegean. Right now silver and requalifying this year.
Three questions:

1. I have four flight segments this year. Would two of them carry over to next year for Gold Qualification?
2. I have the upgrade vouchers but the higher booking class was quite expensive. How is experience of trying a nice word with boarding staff at the airport showing the vouchers?

1. They do not rollover, unless you are making Gold after the first two - which means a new RE-qualification year starts right then.

2. I would say no chance. The vouchers are digital anyway, I don’t think printing them would help much.

3. It depends on your routes. If transferring from Shengen, to Shengen, yes - you can stay airside
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Shl
Three questions:

I agree fully with Xandrios' answers 1 and 2, but I'd be ver cautious with the b2b. True, under normal circumstances there's no problem for an intra-Schengen quick turnaround, but there was a recent post saying that passengers were directed by an airport person through luggage retrieval, which means basically (in addition to a lengthy walk) having to go through security. Which flights are you talking about, though? As flights fron/to non-domestic destinations are flown by different planes in most cases, bona fide b2b's are a rarity.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:25 am
Shl

Originally Posted by KLouis
I agree fully with Xandrios' answers 1 and 2, but I'd be ver cautious with the b2b. True, under normal circumstances there's no problem for an intra-Schengen quick turnaround, but there was a recent post saying that passengers were directed by an airport person through luggage retrieval, which means basically (in addition to a lengthy walk) having to go through security. Which flights are you talking about, though? As flights fron/to non-domestic destinations are flown by different planes in most cases, bona fide b2b's are a rarity.

Many thanks Xandrios and KLouis for your feedback.
On the B2B: I am on A3607 LHR-ATH. arriving 5:30 om and returning with A3608 at 7:10 pm
Should be enough time, even if I have to pass through security and luggage.
Online check-in and online boarding pass is possible with Aegean., correct??
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:46 am
Shl

Originally Posted by Xandrios[left
1. They do not rollover, unless you are making Gold after the first two - which means a new RE-qualification year starts right then.
In my case, I have the two segments finished for silver but missing 2000 miles. I will achieve these with another Aegean flight LHR-ATH-LHR. Would these 2 segments count already towards my Gold qualification then? My qualification year ends 31/12 for Gold 1/01
Other question: Does the qualification start begin with the requalification or at 1/01
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:48 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
With over 90 minutes you should be fine with that connection. However like KLouis mentioned; there is always a risk. For example the first flight may be delayed, causing you to miss the second. Since ATH is Aegean's hub chances are that your flight back to LHR is operated by another aircraft, meaning that it may leave at scheduled time - possibly even before your delayed flight comes in from LHR.
Originally Posted by Shl
In my case, I have the two segments finished for silver but missing 2000 miles. I will achieve these with another Aegean flight LHR-ATH-LHR. Would these 2 segments count already towards my Gold qualification then? My qualification year ends 31/12 for Gold 1/01
Other question: Does the qualification start begin with the requalification or at 1/01
Unfortunately not. The moment that you become silver all qualifying segment counts are reset as far as I know.

Your new (re) qualification year starts at the moment that you go from Blue to Silver. You will have exactly one year from that moment to either re-qualify or collect enough points to upgrade to Gold. Once you do upgrade to Gold your year is reset again.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:48 pm
Shl

Originally Posted by Xandrios
With over 90 minutes you should be fine with that connection. However like KLouis mentioned; there is always a risk. For example the first flight may be delayed, causing you to miss the second. Since ATH is Aegean's hub chances are that your flight back to LHR is operated by another aircraft, meaning that it may leave at scheduled time - possibly even before your delayed flight comes in from LHR.

Unfortunately not. The moment that you become silver all qualifying segment counts are reset as far as I know.

Your new (re) qualification year starts at the moment that you go from Blue to Silver. You will have exactly one year from that moment to either re-qualify or collect enough points to upgrade to Gold. Once you do upgrade to Gold your year is reset again.
Many thanks!! I am usually doing 50 minute B2Bs with BA - so I have a good feeling and believe in the Greeks :-)

Any experience, how Aegean handles IROPS? In my case, the MCT should be fine. So I assume Aegean would take care of me??
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Shl
Many thanks!! I am usually doing 50 minute B2Bs with BA - so I have a good feeling and believe in the Greeks :-)

Any experience, how Aegean handles IROPS? In my case, the MCT should be fine. So I assume Aegean would take care of me??
I assume that your BA B2Bs are done with the same aircraft, i.e. if you fly LHR-ATH-LHR on BA with a 50 minute connection it will always be on the same airplane. However, with A3 it will most likely not be on the same airplane. LHR is probably the most delay-proned airport in Europe, and there's a great risk of a delayed LHR-ATH flight.

As for the second question, are both flights on the same ticket? If they're two separate tickets, you're basically on your own.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:53 pm
Shl

Originally Posted by RedChili
I assume that your BA B2Bs are done with the same aircraft, i.e. if you fly LHR-ATH-LHR on BA with a 50 minute connection it will always be on the same airplane. However, with A3 it will most likely not be on the same airplane. LHR is probably the most delay-proned airport in Europe, and there's a great risk of a delayed LHR-ATH flight.

As for the second question, are both flights on the same ticket? If they're two separate tickets, you're basically on your own.
Both flights are on the same ticket. So I guess I should be fine.
The other B2Bs were not ATH. This is first time ATH for me in order to achieve the flight segment requirement using the extraordinary cheap fares.
GBobon likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Row 4 or 12 on a short 1hr. flight?

Granted the flight will be over before we know it.....but we have the choice of a exit row ( 12) or "bulkhead" in row 3. ( title says row 4 but it is 3 ) Is the curtain directly in front of us on row 3 annoying? I usually like to be in the front of the plane and will be able to look out the window unobstructed by the wing but if the curtain is an issue I'll grab the exit row. (This is on a 320)

Last edited by david55; Sep 11, 2018 at 8:47 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:36 pm

Even if you think that the curtain may be annoying (I don't!), the extra leg room of row 3 should be a good enough reasson to book it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.