Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by headingwest
Unfortunately, you were told correctly. Why is it? Probably because Aegean doesn't want to pay for miles!

It was discussed in the other thread recently....
OK, that's sad but at least I know what the score is in future.

I looked around to see if there was a dedicated thread for Plusgrade but I couldn't seem to find one, and when I click on the link you provided it just says 'Page not found'.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
That's odd. Scroll down the front page, it's a third of the way down. The discussion about miles starts on the thread's second page.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by headingwest
That's odd. Scroll down the front page, it's a third of the way down. The discussion about miles starts on the thread's second page.
Thanks. Found and subscribed.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: A3*G, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Accor Plat
Rate not bookable HAM-ATH-PAS

Hi,
I'm trying to book my yearly Aegean trip, from Hamburg to Paros this time. I've found my preferred flights, but I'm unable to ticket the rate I've found through ITA Matrix. I'm able to reproduce it on several OTAs, but the booking does not go through. I've called Aegean, they are only able to ticket it at more than double the price I see.

Trying to book HAM-ATH-PAS (May 10) on fare KKNOBAGT and PAS-ATH-HAM (May 13-May 14) on fare VKNOBAGT. Both K and V class are available on the single flight segments, but when booked together they disappear and only very expensive classes remain open.
Looking at the fare rules, everything seems to be applicable but I do see one interesting note: SALE IS RESTRICTED TO SPECIFIC AGENTS. TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON A3
Anybody knows how to book this through the "specific agents"?

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:22 am

What if you book two one-way tickets? Would it work?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: A3*G, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Accor Plat
Unfortunately the same issue when booking two one ways... price appears on OTA but booking rejected in final step

edit: I'm able to book HAM-ATH-HAM in these specific booking classes (fare rules are exactly the same, also show this "specific agents" restriction), but from the moment I add PAS in the routing, it doesn't work.

Last edited by acba; Apr 22, 2018 at 8:43 am
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:17 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
try as multicity or book with Seat24 from Powertools, usually I see that it works fine with Aegean flights (after youre redirected to their website you will get other operators as well, just untick them and A3 will show up in results).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
I'm a relative A3 newbie hoping to get from Blue to Gold this year. I'll get a few miles on some United flights but the bulk will be off a Swiss First class deal ATH-ZRH-PEK/PVG-ZRH-ATH. Always wanted to fly Swiss first and though also good opp to grab *G. The intra-Europe legs are J, the China legs are A. By my math just those get close to 36K. So tell me is my logic correct? If I have a few K accrued before this trip and then fly two 2 A3 legs, I'll move up to Silver after the first part of the trip. 12K and 2 flights, correct? Then will the remaining miles (over 24K) get me to Gold as long as I finish with four more A3 segments? Can I bunch this all together or will I lose the leftover miles? Or am I reading the charts wrong. Also unclear on the effective dates, if I finish the flights in Oct, does my Gold status last 12 months or thru end of 2019?

Thanks is advance for your help, in reading lots of posts I can see you are very welcoming and flame-free.

Addendum on dates - on my M&B profile it says I need 12K and 2 segments for Silver "Until 24/04/2019" - so is that when any upgraded status would also expire?

Last edited by Governator; Apr 23, 2018 at 8:55 pm Reason: More info
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by Governator
I'm a relative A3 newbie hoping to get from Blue to Gold this year. I'll get a few miles on some United flights but the bulk will be off a Swiss First class deal ATH-ZRH-PEK/PVG-ZRH-ATH. Always wanted to fly Swiss first and though also good opp to grab *G. The intra-Europe legs are J, the China legs are A. By my math just those get close to 36K. So tell me is my logic correct? If I have a few K accrued before this trip and then fly two 2 A3 legs, I'll move up to Silver after the first part of the trip. 12K and 2 flights, correct? Then will the remaining miles (over 24K) get me to Gold as long as I finish with four more A3 segments? Can I bunch this all together or will I lose the leftover miles? Or am I reading the charts wrong. Also unclear on the effective dates, if I finish the flights in Oct, does my Gold status last 12 months or thru end of 2019?

Thanks is advance for your help, in reading lots of posts I can see you are very welcoming and flame-free.

Addendum on dates - on my M&B profile it says I need 12K and 2 segments for Silver "Until 24/04/2019" - so is that when any upgraded status would also expire?
Fortunately, your gold status will expire 12 months after the flight that made you Gold. In your case 12 months after your last A3 segment out of the 4.

I always did the A3 segments before upgrading my status to make sure I get the leftover miles. I don't know if you earn 13K status miles and do 2 A3 flights of 1K you will get the 3K status miles transferred to get Gold status, maybe another member can confirm?
For example what I did: 2 A3 flights (2K) + SAS flight (13K) got me silver status and 3K status miles closer to Gold but I'm not sure if this is also the case if you would do the SAS flight first.
Governator likes this.

Last edited by unusualtravelblog; Apr 24, 2018 at 12:09 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
For example what I did: 2 A3 flights (2K) + SAS flight (13K) got me silver status and 3K status miles closer to Gold but I'm not sure if this is also the case if you would do the SAS flight first.
Is working the same even you fly SAS first and then A3 (I was in this situation, just got my Silver yesterday )
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:00 am

quick question.
in July I have to be in KRK, I want to fly with A3, if I upgrade my OTP-ATH-OTP legs in C (voucher) will I get the free checked bag all the way to KRK and back? (1 etix for whole trip) thank you
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by GBobon
quick question.
in July I have to be in KRK, I want to fly with A3, if I upgrade my OTP-ATH-OTP legs in C (voucher) will I get the free checked bag all the way to KRK and back? (1 etix for whole trip) thank you
Normally, you should not be able to update a segment of a trip if the same trip (i.e. same ticket number) includes another segment not operated by A3 or OA. This should be true even if the trip has been booked through A3 and both segments are credited to A3 (390...), but one is operated by another airline.

Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:50 am

all 4 legs are op by A3... i didnt mentioned anywhere that ath-krk-ath will be operated by another airlines. A3 fly there...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by GBobon
all 4 legs are op by A3... i didnt mentioned anywhere that ath-krk-ath will be operated by another airlines. A3 fly there...
Then this should doable, based on fare availability of course. (Since it was not clarified in your post, I just assumed that you were flying ATH-OTP-KRK-OTP-ATH, so I ruled out the OTP-KRK segment being operated by A3...) Note though that since the recent changes, the number of seats given in advance through the upgrade vouchers has been reduced. But even if there is no I class availability in advance, you may get upgraded at a later stage, even at check-in. Then since your bags are checked all the way through this shouldn't be a problem. But better give them a call to make sure, and avoid any unpleasant surprises at the airport.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:21 am

I know about the changes A3 recently made. my only question is: do I have a free checked baggage for my following trip: OTP-ATH-KRK-ATH-OTP where OTP-ATH-OTP in business class? (1 etix)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.