Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: A3
^^Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:17 am

Hello All!

29.09 was my end date for requalifying for gold. I have just found out that 3 months ago one of my trip somehow did not make it to the A3 system and was not accumulated. I have all related paperwork (eticket, boarding passes etc) - but I have questions: if I claim miles now will they appear for the new period or the previous period? I would not qualify for gold even with this trip so would rather have it on the current period.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Practi
Hello All!

29.09 was my end date for requalifying for gold. I have just found out that 3 months ago one of my trip somehow did not make it to the A3 system and was not accumulated. I have all related paperwork (eticket, boarding passes etc) - but I have questions: if I claim miles now will they appear for the new period or the previous period? I would not qualify for gold even with this trip so would rather have it on the current period.
Unfortunately for you, the flight will show up as being on the actual date of departure, so it will not count for your current qualifying year.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
Unfortunately for you, the flight will show up as being on the actual date of departure, so it will not count for your current qualifying year.
Thanks for the info. Would this work the other way around if that would mean enough miles to retain my status (I would first lose and then get it back?)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:30 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Practi
Thanks for the info. Would this work the other way around if that would mean enough miles to retain my status (I would first lose and then get it back?)
Yes, if the credit was sufficient to renew status, then you would be moved back to (in this case) Gold, although this might need to be a manual process with a credit from so far back.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
OK, real newbie question from me but I've been trying for ages to find the answer and failed every time! I've seen many references here to checking award availability on the A3 website but cannot find how to do it anywhere. How does one make a dummy booking check I class availability? I always used ANA, which still works fine for international flights but obviously no longer works for the "OA" domestic flights. I've looked everywhere on the A3 website but can only find the manual form for requesting award tickets and nothing that looks like a live booking system. I'm probably just being blind so I apologise in advance but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
OK, real newbie question from me but I've been trying for ages to find the answer and failed every time! I've seen many references here to checking award availability on the A3 website but cannot find how to do it anywhere. How does one make a dummy booking check I class availability? I always used ANA, which still works fine for international flights but obviously no longer works for the "OA" domestic flights. I've looked everywhere on the A3 website but can only find the manual form for requesting award tickets and nothing that looks like a live booking system. I'm probably just being blind so I apologise in advance but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance.
You use that 'manual form' you already found (log into your account and sleect "spend miles". When you submit your query, it takes you to booking pages that look a bit like the regular ones, only the flights are priced in miles instead of cash. You're right, it's not so intuitive.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
You use that 'manual form' you already found (log into your account and sleect "spend miles". When you submit your query, it takes you to booking pages that look a bit like the regular ones, only the flights are priced in miles instead of cash. You're right, it's not so intuitive.
Ahhhhhh.......you've solved a mystery for me there! I was always too nervous to go to step 2 in case it sent a request to M&B for an award ticket that I don't actually want. I shall give that a try later. Thanks for the tip!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Ahhhhhh.......you've solved a mystery for me there! I was always too nervous to go to step 2 in case it sent a request to M&B for an award ticket that I don't actually want. I shall give that a try later. Thanks for the tip!
Which is what happened to me a few years ago when I was checking a *A award and not an A3 one. I had to call them and cancel! So, just be careful...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Which is what happened to me a few years ago when I was checking a *A award and not an A3 one. I had to call them and cancel! So, just be careful...
Yeah, that's why I was always so worried to click the magic "continue" button. As Knobbgb says, it's really not intuitive! I tried it last night however and it worked a charm so very handy to know about. As usual, FT comes up trumps. Thanks guys!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:44 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Have a doubt in my mind as it's been a long time. A family member is trying to go from blue to silver to gold.

Calculating their qualifying flights, it seems that they will attain silver on a transatlantic flight. How does A3 allocate the qualifying tier miles for that flight ? Do they all go under Silver or do they allocate the miles above silver towards gold tier miles ?

Calculation is something like:

Before flight still to get silver: 3510 tier miles.
Flight: 7154 tier miles.

Do those 7154 entirely go under silver, or do 3510 go under silver and 3644 towards gold ?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GVA
Do those 7154 entirely go under silver, or do 3510 go under silver and 3644 towards gold ?
From what I can gather on this forum, in the past the miles would have been wiped completely when Silver was reached, but I'm sure that recently changed because in my case the surplus miles were carried over towards attaining Gold.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by GVA
do 3510 go under silver and 3644 towards gold ?
Yes, this is exactly what happened with my silver qualification last month. The miles of my last long-haul flight to get me over the silver threshold were split between the remaining miles needed for silver and the rest being carried over as part of my gold qualification.

Last edited by -Heathcliff-; Oct 21, 2017 at 2:58 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by -Heathcliff-
Yes, this is exactly what happened with my silver qualification last month. The miles of my last long-haul flight to get me over the silver threshold were split between the remaining miles needed for silver and the rest being carried over as part of my good qualification.
Which, in contrast to what headingwest believes, was always the case.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:51 am

Hi,

do I understand the regulations for cancelling * award tickets correctly: Even if I cancel a ticket for a no show, the only charge for re-depositing the miles is 30€?

Cheers,

j.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.