Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by HEhatesusall
Anyone knows if aegean allows miles&bonus gold to bring a guest in the gold track security/fast track in various airports(e.g LHR, ATH, SKG etc) when travelling economy?
Not officially.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:23 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HEhatesusall
Anyone knows if aegean allows miles&bonus gold to bring a guest in the gold track security/fast track in various airports(e.g LHR, ATH, SKG etc) when travelling economy?
Originally Posted by KLouis
Not officially.
LHR is not controlled by A3 anyway, so you're at the mercy/discretion of the Heathrow Airport staff guarding the Gold Track. I've not known them refuse though from experience at almost all other LHR terminals.

At SKG, there is certainly priority boarding because it's done directly from the lounge, where presumably you'll also be guesting your friend.

ATH - it'll probably change from week to week!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
in MXP, my +1 was denied fast track
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
MXP fast track is operated by private company. On fast tracks operated by airport staff guests usually are allowed.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: A3
Hey so I qualified as silver way back on January 7th of this year, and have collected 33,579 tier miles since. I just completed my fourth A3 leg as well, which shows on my transactions list and M+B are telling me I still need 9000 tier miles to qualify for gold. What happened?.... It's 24k and 4 A3 segments after silver is it not?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by jacobsteuer1
Hey so I qualified as silver way back on January 7th of this year, and have collected 33,579 tier miles since. I just completed my fourth A3 leg as well, which shows on my transactions list and M+B are telling me I still need 9000 tier miles to qualify for gold. What happened?.... It's 24k and 4 A3 segments after silver is it not?
When did you complete the fourth A3 leg? It usually takes 2-3 days for the system to update and show your new status.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: A3
Ah, ok. I completed the third and fourth leg 2 days ago. However, those two flights already show up on my overall list. Still need 9,000 miles after months of seeing "x miles OR x A3 flights." Hopefully soon I will see something about the status. Otherwise I will have to call someone there I guess.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:33 pm

Hi, my +1 will be flying out of ATH with LH and is A3*S. Now, since she is flying without me we are wondering if she can you the A3 Lounge even though she is not flying with them (but still on a star alliance flight) using one of the lounge coupons?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:48 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vegitto
Hi, my +1 will be flying out of ATH with LH and is A3*S. Now, since she is flying without me we are wondering if she can you the A3 Lounge even though she is not flying with them (but still on a star alliance flight) using one of the lounge coupons?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, absolutely she can - the vouchers are valid for flights on A3, OA or any other *A carrier. As you identify, they can only be used at the A3 lounges, not any generic *A one.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:56 am

Hi all,

Looking to feed on your experience here.

I need 2 more flights on A3 before 9th september and am currently looking for the cheapest way to do this from Zurich. Due to other travel commitments, the dates I could do are 31st august-3rd september ot 7th-9th september. Grateful for any ideas.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:10 am
Community Director
Original Poster

The best bet if you're short on time would probably be the ZRH-ATH A3 flights. If you plug origin and destination in here you'll see the lowest priced options to do that.

https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/low-fare-calendar/

The other option is to take a lower cost flight on whatever carrier is cheapest (Air Serbia, via Belgrade, perhaps) then pick up a couple of cheap domestic flights. Of course, the risk then increases of missed connections and the whole plan could fall over as a result. This might save you 100 Euros or so, but at a cost of time and increased risk.

You have a very restricted available travel period, close in, so I'm afraid at this stage you will most likely have to accept whatever it costs it re-qualify, and then decide if it's worth it.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Aug 16, 2017 at 2:16 am
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
I can't find any post related to a transit in Athens airport, so here is my question:

My friend (Turkish Passport) is travelling IST-ATH-MAN in one ticket with Aegean, but all the information we are finding about transfering in Athenes is really confusing. Normally in others airports in Europe she just go through security screening and gets directed to the Non-Schengen area to take the next flight. But according to the Athens Airport website and also the Aegean Call Centre in UK there is passport control in Athens and she needs either a 'transit' visa or a valid Schengen visa.

Is this true? Because if it is, is a massive pain in the a** for her
A bit of feedback on this, because I think is very important information.

My friend flew (is flying) today and made the transit in ATH smoothly without a visa. According to her (I'll get more info when she arrives to MAN), there was passport control but no visa was required to transit. This was in accordance to what ATH Police told us by phone but contradicts much of the info you can find online and the response from the consulate.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:42 am

I Need 1 more A3/OA flight to maintain my silver -- only time I can fly is from September 2nd thru September 16th -- I live in Athens, any idea what is generally the cheapest place to fly to--if I know the "place" I can google for exact dates and prices
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
my guess would be chq-ath or skg-ath,
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:49 am

I would think a flight closer to ATH would be cheaper than SKG or CHQ- anyone has any thoughts on this please advise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.