Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:50 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
If you DON'T get an upgrade and want to reserve your economy seat then I'm not so sure - I think that is only for Gold, not Silver. In any case, don't worry about it - seats are usually wide open when OLCI starts 48hrs before departure.
It's definitely also for Silver - the benefit was introduced at the launch of the new M+B. Caught me out as well when someone asked before!
djsneak likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:57 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by djsneak
Hey guys, I need help to understand one A3 rule :

I booked a flight for february 2018 in Flex (P class). I'm now A3 blue and will become A3 silver at the beginning of November 2017.
So I'll receive 2 upgrade coupons in November.
Question is : will it be possible to upgrade (if availability) my flights with the coupons as soon as I have them ?
My confusion is about the Flex fare (which is OK for an uprgrade coupon) and the P class..

Another thing: even if the booking is already made, will it be possible to reserve my seats in economy when I'll get silver ?

Thank you very much
Yes, when the coupons are issued you can call in to upgrade your flights. If you like you can verify availability first (online), by choosing the "spend miles" option. If it shows Business Class award availability on the flight that means there is still availability for an upgrade.

Every fare is upgradeable except GoLight P/U/T, as long as there is availability as described above.

I have never had to call back for the upgrade. They generally mention that it will take X time (either a few minutes during office hours, or up to a day outside of office hours). You'll receive a new e-ticket by email when the upgrade has gone through.

Seat reservations can be made by any elite (silver/gold) member over the phone, or at a ticket desk - at any time between booking and OLCI opens. At least at the ATH ticket desk they are always willing to do this. The advantage of doing it at the airport is that they can show you the seat map in case you don't yet know exactly which seat you like. You'll also get a 'receipt' with the details of the booking and seat reservation.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Okay I've been searching for ages and have completely failed to find the answer, so will have to ask the stupid question. I'm trying to book a flight upgradable by voucher, so would like to see the booking class and avoid the PUT, but I can't figure out how...I assume there is an easy way?

Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:51 pm

I can think of two options, call them and buy the ticket over the phone (they might charge extra for this) or find your itinerary in ITA Matrix and then book through BookWithMatrix.com:
1. Go to ITA Matrix.
2. Click "Advanced controls".
3. In "Outbound routing codes" and "Return routing codes" type C:A3+
4. In "Outbound extension codes" and "Return extension codes" type F bc=a|bc=b|bc=c|bc=d|bc=e|bc=f|bc=g|bc=h|bc=i|bc=j| bc=k|bc=l|bc=m|bc=n|bc=o|bc=q|bc=r|bc=s|bc=v|bc=w| bc=x|bc=y|bc=z
5. Search, find and select your itinerary and copy and paste it into BookWithMatric.com and follow the links to buy the tickets.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ob7777777
Okay I've been searching for ages and have completely failed to find the answer, so will have to ask the stupid question. I'm trying to book a flight upgradable by voucher, so would like to see the booking class and avoid the PUT, but I can't figure out how...I assume there is an easy way?
Easy! In the right-hand column where it says FLIGHTS there's a small arrow pointing down. Click it and the booking class appears above the price.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Easy! In the right-hand column where it says FLIGHTS there's a small arrow pointing down. Click it and the booking class appears above the price.
And what do you do if it shows P, U or T?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by drvb
Either you buy it and fly coach, or you buy a Flex ticket, or you call them and ask to buy a GoLight ticket on a different, non-PUT fare basis. No upgrade guaranteed, though, even if the coupon is useable.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by drvb
I think it is worth trying a dummy booking of several tickets in parallel, in a different browser. Stop the dummy booking before the payment method and return to the original window and search for your ticket. (I think-) It worked for me once.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by kallisthenis
I think it is worth trying a dummy booking of several tickets in parallel, in a different browser. Stop the dummy booking before the payment method and return to the original window and search for your ticket. (I think-) It worked for me once.
Yes I agree, this often works to force the booking into the next class. So - only if it's already in T and there are fewer than 9 seats left in T. If not, you could always just wait until S becomes available. The prices shouldn't change, unless there is a sale on that is about to finish. (well, obviously S will be more expensive than T but I mean S in a week should cost the same as S today).

In my experience, a Flex ticket in P is cheaper than waiting for S, but if it's already moved to U or T, then S will be cheaper than a Flex.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Many thanks KLouis and others for the answers

Last edited by ob7777777; Oct 7, 2017 at 6:35 am Reason: Mistyped
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:10 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I think I know the answers but I want to be sure. I am currently Silver, and I have more than the 24 000 miles required to go to Gold. I will fly the 4 A3 segments in a couple of weeks. Will the miles over 24 000 count towards the re qualifications goal or are they lost ? This will be 8000 miles so quite a good amount of the total needed to requalify.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I think I know the answers but I want to be sure. I am currently Silver, and I have more than the 24 000 miles required to go to Gold. I will fly the 4 A3 segments in a couple of weeks. Will the miles over 24 000 count towards the re qualifications goal or are they lost ? This will be 8000 miles so quite a good amount of the total needed to requalify.
Award miles count and they are not lost. Status miles disappear/are lost/call it what you want.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:44 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Arf I was hoping Status miles will roll-over. Well that's OK anyway, those extra miles come from an unplanned work trip so I could not have put my 4 A3 segments to optimize this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: A3
Sometimes I swear I am the only person on this site who is this clueless but here goes.

I made A3 Gold last August, but I am going to get my 24,000 miles well before August 2018 to re-qualify (like feb or march), which is fine but there is a possibility I may need to scale down quite a bit after that.

Will I have to start another 12 months in March 2018 (for example) instead of August 2018, or do excess miles roll over starting in August 2018? Can I delay when the miles get added maybe?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by jacobsteuer1
Sometimes I swear I am the only person on this site who is this clueless but here goes.

I made A3 Gold last August, but I am going to get my 24,000 miles well before August 2018 to re-qualify (like feb or march), which is fine but there is a possibility I may need to scale down quite a bit after that.

Will I have to start another 12 months in March 2018 (for example) instead of August 2018, or do excess miles roll over starting in August 2018? Can I delay when the miles get added maybe?
No. in March, your status would say you have enough miles to requalify already but your next year of gold would still begin in August 2018 lasting one year from them. Any flights you would credit between March and August would earn only award miles - the status miles for those do not carry over and would be lost. Crediting the flights later wouldnot help - the miles are always backdated to the actual date of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.