Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:36 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
how can I see on A3 website the booking class for a ticket while booking?! I cannot find it anywhere, is a ticket with connections in ATH. Thank you
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GBobon
how can I see on A3 website the booking class for a ticket while booking?! I cannot find it anywhere, is a ticket with connections in ATH. Thank you
Click the down arrow and it will display the booking class(es)

GBobon likes this.

Last edited by headingwest; Apr 8, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:03 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
@headingwest, great UI �� I see that on heir mobile app, iOS at least, is showing the booking class without clicking anything else...
Thanks for replying
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Currently my status is "Your tier has been retained up to 29/10/2019" when is the earliest day when I can start earning status miles for the next retain period, is it 29/10/2018 or 30/10/2018. thanks
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:33 am

Just to play it safe, and independent of what we wise FTers think, assume it's October 30.
matio_svk likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
I was travelling on a TK flight from ATH to IST the other day. TK uses the goldair lounge for its J and status pax. As I'm A3*G and not TK*G check in agent directed me to the A3 lounge instead of the goldair one that TK uses. I tried going to the goldair one as I wanted to try it but lounge dragoon also directed me to A3 lounge.

I can understand that aegean does this to avoid paying to TK/Goldair for lounge access, but since it was a TK flight, can they actually "officialy" do that, or I was denied entry due to an unofficial arrangement?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
I was travelling on a TK flight from ATH to IST the other day. TK uses the goldair lounge for its J and status pax. As I'm A3*G and not TK*G check in agent directed me to the A3 lounge instead of the goldair one that TK uses. I tried going to the goldair one as I wanted to try it but lounge dragoon also directed me to A3 lounge.

I can understand that aegean does this to avoid paying to TK/Goldair for lounge access, but since it was a TK flight, can they actually "officialy" do that, or I was denied entry due to an unofficial arrangement?
Because the Goldair Lounge is a contract lounge and not a *A lounge you need an invitation to get in. At check in, they are supposed to give you an invitation if you are *G. For reference when I flew this route two months ago and got a lounge pass and was directed to the Goldair lounge despite being A3*G (I went to both of course).

​​​​​​​Checking the Star Alliance Lounge Finder though, it seems like TK has stopped using Goldair completely so that would definitely explain it.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by nar0
Because the Goldair Lounge is a contract lounge and not a *A lounge you need an invitation to get in. At check in, they are supposed to give you an invitation if you are *G. For reference when I flew this route two months ago and got a lounge pass and was directed to the Goldair lounge despite being A3*G (I went to both of course).

Checking the Star Alliance Lounge Finder though, it seems like TK has stopped using Goldair completely so that would definitely explain it.
There is still a TK sign outside the goldair lounge, and when I enquired they said the only accept TK*G/J class although they didn't seem to be too knowledgable.

Anyway, thanks
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:09 am

So, let's say that I have a single ticket TLV-ATH-ARN, with arrival in ATH at 21:30, and departure the next morning at 09:10, with baggage checked through. Would I be able to safely squeeze two legs in on a separate ticket between those flights, without paying an arm and a leg?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:19 am

I guess you want to squeeze two additional OA/A3 flights between the two international ones in order to get your 4 flights for gold re-qualification. At any rate, the answer is yes, as you can get the last flight to a few domestic destinations leaving after 10 pm (e.g. HER, SKG, etc.) and you can get back to ATH the next morning before 8 am. You'd have to spend the night at a hotel at your destination. Alternatively, you could also choose some -more expensive- international A3 destinations (most of them in the Middle East or ex-USSR) with an immediate return. You'd save the hotel but you'd have to potentially deal with visa and the feasibility of immediate returns.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:53 pm

The only domestic flights you might be able to catch are HER (last flight leaves 2255), SKG (last flight leaves 2315). The first flight to ATH arrives 07.25 and 07.15 (next day). All other destination last flights leave before 2200 (so no time).

Other than these, maybe try the next best thing to domestic: LCA? Last flight departs 22.55 (arrives 00.40), then spend some time in lounge, depart 05.10 to ATH (arrive 06.55)

Depending on your nationality/visa req. you could try e.g. CAI (they do have an e-visa system I think). Departs ATH 2355, arrives back 0610 or maybe ADB (leaves 23.30 and arrives back next day 06.55).
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:47 pm

Thanks for your advice, KLouis and jerry_greece.

A few months ago, I actually found a way to book a single ticket with a decent price on TLV-LCA-SKG-ATH-ARN, but I wasn't able to fly at that time. Now, I'm in the unfortunate situation that I need some qualifying flights in June, which is one of the more expensive months for A3 tickets, and I can't find a single four leg ticket on any web site, so I'm not sure what I will do.

LCA seems to be the best option. I don't want the additional hassle of getting an e-visa for ADB or CAI.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:01 pm

I would like to transfer some of my Starwood points to book a flight on Aegean airlines. When signing on to my Miles & Bonus account, I can see that award redemptions are available for my dates but I cannot view the actual flights available because I "do not have enough award miles to proceed with this redemption." Is there a another way around checking flight availability without me having to waste precious Starwood miles in potential transfer?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm relatively new to A3 so still finding my way around. However, what an agent told me in response to successful upgrade bids via the Plusgrade system surprised me.

I had bids on each sector for WAW-ATH-WAW and both recently went through. I noticed that the booking classes had changed from 'S' and 'U' to 'I' in both cases, but the A3 mileage table tells me that 'I' is not eligible for accrual.

I called A3 to query this and the agent said it was because I had used a coupon(?). Obviously, I hadn't used any coupon (my status is still Blue in any case) and so she went to confirm it with someone else. She then came back and said that even though it has booked into 'I' I would get miles for the original booking class. When I asked here why I wouldn't get miles for the upgraded class (it was an online upgrade not an upgrade at the airport) she reiterated that this is the way upgrades work on A3 - you always get accrual for the original booking class even if it was via a Plusgrade bid.

I'm wondering why this is. Whenever I've used Plusgrade bidding on other *A airlines (e.g. LH, SK) I've always got the miles for the upgraded class in C, not the original Y fare.
The whole point of the upgrade was to get the extra miles needed for Silver status before I take a trip to HKG. If I knew it was just going to earn 75% and 100% I likely wouldn't have bothered.

Can any A3 veterans confirm that what I've been told is correct?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Can any A3 veterans confirm that what I've been told is correct?
Unfortunately, you were told correctly. Why is it? Probably because Aegean doesn't want to pay for miles!

It was discussed in the other thread recently....

Auctioning of business class seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.