Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by GBobon
I know about the changes A3 recently made. my only question is: do I have a free checked baggage for my following trip: OTP-ATH-KRK-ATH-OTP where OTP-ATH-OTP in business class? (1 etix)
Since your bags are checked all the way through this shouldn't be a problem on your outgoing trip. I ve done it on CPH-ATH-RHO about two years ago. (The only difference, and why I am not 100% sure, is that in my case the second/non-upgraded segment was a domestic flight, but I don't believe this should make a difference.) For flights entirely within Europe it is usually the first segment rules that apply to the whole trip. But since in your return trip both flights are operated by A3 this could be also doable in that case as well. Yet I have never upgraded only the second segment it (or heard of anyone that has done it) so that's just a conjecture. Especially since agents in KRK are most likely non-A3 personnel and may not be familiar with how to handle such issues, complications may arise even if you are eligible for extra baggage allowance. Similar problems (especially with baggage allowance) have showed up to me and people I know: no-issues or issues promptly settled in ATH causing problems on the return flight XXX-ATH simply because the personnel in XXX (the other airport) were not A3 and were unaware or non-willing to deal with issues they are not familiar with. That's why I suggested giving A3 a call to have this resolved this now rather than at the airport.
GBobon likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:45 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
I hate calling airlines, but now I will do it... thank you for replying
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: A3 *G
I know about the changes A3 recently made. my only question is: do I have a free checked baggage for my following trip: OTP-ATH-KRK-ATH-OTP where OTP-ATH-OTP in business class? (1 etix)
I don't think there is just a simple answer for you, sorry. If they issue the upgrade then I would say, yes, you will get the C class allowance on both flights. But because the second flight is the longer of the two and thus more "significant" (there has been various discussions of what that means and it's impact) then they may simply not allow you to upgrade the OTP-ATH leg. There are several reports here of successful upgrades of multi-leg trips where the non-upgraded leg is relatively short (international - ATH - domestic or Cyprus for example) but I've not heard of one exactly like your situation. You should just call them and request the upgrade and see if it goes through. If it does, you should get the full allowance.
GBobon likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
I hate calling airlines, but now I will do it... thank you for replying
I can't say I love it either, especially since customer service in not among A3's strong points... Please keep us updated on how it went.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:35 am

quick question.
in July I have to be in KRK, I want to fly with A3, if I upgrade my OTP-ATH-OTP legs in C (voucher) will I get the free checked bag all the way to KRK and back? (1 etix for whole trip) thank you
so, my OTP-ATH-OTP sectors are now confirmed as business, and the lady from callcenter said that ATH-KRK-ATH sectors will have the business class baggage allowance

LE: business class baggage allowance mentioned on the new etix as well
East_and_West likes this.

Last edited by GBobon; Apr 27, 2018 at 2:52 am
Old May 1, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Fortunately, your gold status will expire 12 months after the flight that made you Gold. In your case 12 months after your last A3 segment out of the 4.

I always did the A3 segments before upgrading my status to make sure I get the leftover miles. I don't know if you earn 13K status miles and do 2 A3 flights of 1K you will get the 3K status miles transferred to get Gold status, maybe another member can confirm?
For example what I did: 2 A3 flights (2K) + SAS flight (13K) got me silver status and 3K status miles closer to Gold but I'm not sure if this is also the case if you would do the SAS flight first.
Thanks. How about if I did 24K miles with one A3 segment along the way to get me to Silver, then another 24K miles followed by 3 (or 4) A3 segments? Would that first segment "carry-over" into my Gold qual of 24k+4 segments? Or would I be better of just straight 24K to Silver, then get the segments at the end after the next 24K? Or does it matter? Also, is it correct that any A3/OA segments work, i.e. a cheap RT to Skyros and back is two segments (for example)?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:49 am

Edelweiss flight / LX 8XXX

Hello all

I'm sure I read somewhere that LX flights operated by Edelweiss (LX 8XXX) cannot be credited to M&B - but I can't find where is written. Can you please help me with this or now flights number LX8XXX are creditable to M&B?

Thanks
Old May 4, 2018, 2:10 am

" O Edelweiss Air is a subsidiary of Swiss International Air Lines but not a Star Alliance member.[67]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Alliance

Hence you can't collect Miles&Bonus. But just like with Luxair, you can collect Miles&More: https://www.flyedelweiss.com/EN/info...x?cat=swiss_mm

Last edited by LacMajeur; May 4, 2018 at 3:57 am
Old May 4, 2018, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by gbchenry
Hello all

I'm sure I read somewhere that LX flights operated by Edelweiss (LX 8XXX) cannot be credited to M&B - but I can't find where is written. Can you please help me with this or now flights number LX8XXX are creditable to M&B?

Thanks
I cannot see that anywhere... Edelweiss operates many flights for Swiss, if the flight number is LXxxxx and the booking is not on classes O, I, R, X, N, T, E, L, K then you should get miles as per M+B table from A3 website.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:04 am

I cannot see that anywhere... Edelweiss operates many flights for Swiss, if the flight number is LXxxxx and the booking is not on classes O, I, R, X, N, T, E, L, K then you should get miles as per M+B table from A3 website.
So lx 8034 on Business P will credit?
Old May 4, 2018, 3:17 am

Just called A3 and they say you CANNOT credit WK flights on M&B even if the flight number is LX. Operating carrier is WK market is LX but op counts.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:20 am

as per information presented on A3 website, yes. there is nothing mentioned that Swiss flights with numbers between xxxx and yyyy and operated by another airlines will be not credited as per their table.
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...irlines/#SWISS
https://www.wheretocredit.com/swiss/p

another example: UA has codeshare with Hawaiian for interisland flights, if on my ticket I have UAxxxx for HAxxx flight from OGG to HNL, I will get miles on M+B
Old May 4, 2018, 3:23 am

The only Edelweiss-operated flights that earn miles with M+B are those that represent wet-leased planes. I've been on a ZRH-ATH one that did get miles (that was a few years ago) but the ones mentioned with a flight number LX8XXX do not earn: these are bona fide Edelweiss flights code-shared with Swiss. Same old *A "scam" (see OA, Air Dolomiti, and several similar cases with other parents that are *A members).
Old May 4, 2018, 3:44 am

@KLouis, then A3 should make it very clear on their website.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Air Dolomiti, and several similar cases with other parents that are *A members).
Even Air Dolomiti ?!

I thought there were wet leases, but apparently LH 2383 might be a codeshare of EN2383

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.