Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
Which, in contrast to what headingwest believes, was always the case.
Always happy to be proven wrong if it's to our advantage!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BA & A3 - Silver and fading
Originally Posted by jobi
Hi,

do I understand the regulations for cancelling * award tickets correctly: Even if I cancel a ticket for a no show, the only charge for re-depositing the miles is 30€?

Cheers,

j.
I have a similar question.

In the guide to spending miles it mentions a 50% mileage penalty for cancellation of an award ticket.

Is that still the case as at booking I was told the only charge was €20.00 and full refund of remaining taxes and miles?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:15 am

I can't find the rule you're citing in the T&C. In contrast, they say:

MILES REDEMPTION ON AEGEAN / OLYMPIC AIR FLIGHTS:
10. Ticket Cancellation Policy: a member may request a cancellation of a Ticket up to 30 minutes before the flight’s departure time. No Ticket cancellation can be put forth if within 30 minutes from flight’s departure. When a Ticket is cancelled, all corresponding Award miles are credited back to member’s account, while a Cancellation Fee of 20 Euros per ticket is applied
and
MILES REDEMPTION ON STAR ALLIANCE FLIGHTS:
9....2. for Tickets booked and issued from 15/09/2012 onwards: a member may request a cancellation of a Ticket up to 30 minutes before the flight’s departure time. No Ticket cancellation can be put forth if within 30 minutes from flight’s departure. When a Ticket is cancelled, all corresponding Award miles are credited back to member’s account, while a Cancellation Fee of 20 Euros per ticket is applied
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: BA & A3 - Silver and fading
Originally Posted by KLouis
I can't find the rule you're citing in the T&C. In contrast, they say:

and
Thanks. I was actually quoting the guide in the introduction post in the dashboard.

5c. Are award ticket flexible?

No, you can't change tickets and you'll have to cancel them, incurring a 50% penalty on the miles used. You can cancel ticket up to 24h before a flight. Book wisely!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:35 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Baracus
Thanks. I was actually quoting the guide in the introduction post in the dashboard.

5c. Are award ticket flexible?

No, you can't change tickets and you'll have to cancel them, incurring a 50% penalty on the miles used. You can cancel ticket up to 24h before a flight. Book wisely!
M+B has changed considerably since that thread was started back in 2012 (the dashboard link does indicate it's historical), and indeed the poster is now not particularly active on FT. There are many things in that post that are inaccurate - as with all internet fora, it is sensible to look for current information which might well be contained towards the end of a thread rather than the beginning.

Nonetheless, thank you for raising this - I will look to see if the thread is now so misleading that it should be closed and re-launched in a different form.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: *A
In case to extend my Gold. Do I need only 12K miles ? or 12K miles plus 8K mile for silver as well ?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andy111
In case to extend my Gold. Do I need only 12K miles ? or 12K miles plus 8K mile for silver as well ?
12K only, including 4 Aegean/Olympic flights.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:32 am

Hi all, I'm flying AMS-ATH-CAI this week with AMS-ATH operated by the A321. Having flown on this plane before I wanted to select either 10A or 10F (exit row) but unfortunately both are already taken. I want to select the second exit row, but it's not clear which row this is. On A3's OLCI seat map, it says row 24 is an exit row (with seat 23F missing so I'm inclined to go for 24F), but on Seatguru row 23 is listed as the exit row. From the comments on Seatguru it appears the seat map is outdated, but one recent comment indicates that row 23 is indeed the exit row and not row 24, so now I'm confused. Does anyone know for sure whether row 23 or row 24 is the exit row on the A321? Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:57 am

Answering my own question here in case someone else has the same question: row 24 is the exit row on the A321 (at least on the configuration with 35 rows, not sure if there are more configurations). All seats have practically unlimited legroom, although the flight attendant's jump seat is located in front of 24F.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:33 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks for reporting back. While I fly that route often, I have never seen an A321 being used (normally its the A320).
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Regarding canceling a revenue flight booked on A3's website, do you get the taxes back? If yes, is it automatic or do you have to request it and what is the process?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Apologies if this has been previously asked. For the aegean flights requirement for gold, can these be award flights (either through aegean or other star alliance), or do they have to be revenue tickets?

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by kyleasdfjkl
Apologies if this has been previously asked. For the aegean flights requirement for gold, can these be award flights (either through aegean or other star alliance), or do they have to be revenue tickets?

Thanks!
Revenue tickets only unfortunately. Hope that helps and that you're able to make gold despite it.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
Hello,
Even though not a total newbie, but since I behaved like (by having Lufthansa flights that would have solved my problems in wrong fare bucket)one I only deserve to post here.

So I have my fabulous Aegean Gold, unfortunately due to a very busy schedule I did not have time to do a quick Athens trip that I had planned for the summer. Therefore I am 5300 short for my gold with no Aegean flights departing from nearby and a deadline next Thursday. Obviously I can now buy 3000... leaving me 2300 short. I have a couple of considerations:

a) I assume I will drop to Silver. Even when I do will I then lose my good old 12/24k gold qualification to the more unfriendly 24/48 immediately? I have a couple of J long hauls coming up in Jan and Feb, so I would easily get myself back up in no time soon with 24k.
b) I have another * Alliance flight in beginning of December. Is there any evidence that Aegean would extend my qualification period by 2 weeks?
c) I know its a longshot, but based from TLL ... any clever flight routings anyone can think of.. for a daytrip to solve the problem SAS/LOT/LH are all feasible.

Thanks for any ideas on the extension.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
I'm afraid I can only really make a suggestion for c) and that would be to try to find a cheap 4-sector day trip on SK, where all flights earn a minimum of 600 miles even in the cheapest booking classes (longer flights earn more so you could reduce the number of sectors that way). Alternatively, a 2-sector trip in SK Plus would also work, as you'd get 1200 miles per sector from that. I imagine that SK should be pretty doable from TLL. I would forget LH and LO, as their earnings are either non-existent (many LH booking classes including business in P class!) or paltry (LO and even some higher LH booking classes). Hope that helps somewhat and that you're able to keep your gold card!
helahela likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.