Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thanks Xandrios. That's pretty much what I thought.
It's good to have it all confirmed.

I am based in Greece part-time, however most of my international flights to/from Greece are non-Schengen, so no access to the LH lounge.
If you happen to be arriving off another Schengen/domestic flight, you can use the LH lounge first, before exiting airside and going to the A gates (so long as your international flight is *A of course). I do this quite regularly. Also, I have (in the past, before the new security area was built) gone through into the B gates with an extra-schengen boarding card. I just told the security staff that I wanted to use the lounges and they were very relaxed about it. If you're beginning your journey in Athens it might still be possible although this was when the lounges were landside (before the consolidated security). Maybe it's worth a try and I'd be interested to know if it's still possible.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 11:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
If you happen to be arriving off another Schengen/domestic flight, you can use the LH lounge first, before exiting airside and going to the A gates (so long as your international flight is *A of course). I do this quite regularly. Also, I have (in the past, before the new security area was built) gone through into the B gates with an extra-schengen boarding card. I just told the security staff that I wanted to use the lounges and they were very relaxed about it. If you're beginning your journey in Athens it might still be possible although this was when the lounges were landside (before the consolidated security). Maybe it's worth a try and I'd be interested to know if it's still possible.
Thanks for that. I'll try it out next time I have the opportunity.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Okay friends. I'm Silver and am trying to use points to get me in business or first to the Skyteam Megado in October. Routes I'm trying to book are SEA-AMS or MCO-AMS on October 12. Return October 18 or 19 (later if necessary) BCN-MCO. I've got ~93,000 A3 points and somewhat of a boatload of SPG and AXP points.

Anyways, I can't seem to find any allowed routing off of the A3 website to get to AMS "commercial fare family missing" and I've only been able to find a few economy tix coming back to Florida.

I don't mind connecting but would prefer to do so in Europe so I have a long leg home. LH flies a bit to MCO and since fancy for me is B9 mint, I'd love to experience a luxurious route (not valid here but I even tried to route through a DXB on EK for fun but that seems like an illegal routing). Also, I've got a boatload of WN points so I don't mind domestic repositioning to get back to MCO within reason, as a 2.5 hour flight on WN would negate the "luxury" of a nice lay flat TATL.

Main questions, am I misusing the A3 website somehow to search? Does calling result in other/better results? Am I totally wasting my time here? If so, what should I do with my A3 points? Most of my leisure travel is US-Domestic and I sort of hate united so booking a trip with them would mostly only be to keep my A3 points from expiring.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:21 pm

A3 only allows for one stop on reward bookings,per direction. So you have to find a direct flight to Europe, and then a single connection to AMS. As you are looking for a specific date, and you want to avoid UA, your options are slim.

Have you considered YVR-AMS?
Old May 8, 2018, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
A3 only allows for one stop on reward bookings,per direction. So you have to find a direct flight to Europe, and then a single connection to AMS. As you are looking for a specific date, and you want to avoid UA, your options are slim.

Have you considered YVR-AMS?
thanks. I did check YVR but I get the same fare family error.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:39 am

Also, if I want to use A3 points for a *A seat upgrade, how do I check for available space before I actually buy a Y ticket? Does availability mirror award ticket availability?
Old May 10, 2018, 2:36 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
@ucfjoe, exactly
Old May 13, 2018, 3:51 am

I'm flying CFU-ATH at 14/5 and ATH-CFU at 15/5. I'm wondering if I can use the lounge in Athens when I arrive using my boarding pass for my next day flight
Old May 13, 2018, 5:53 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
In theory, no you can not. In practice I suspect this will not work either except if the agent at the lounge is in a very good mood or not aware of the rules.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:20 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If you arrive before the time of departure of the flight to CFU, they may not even notice and just think that you're scheduled to fly that same day. Because the flight number and time are printed with huge letters - while the date is not. Do they scan the BP at the A3 lounge or just check it visually?
Old May 13, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
If you arrive before the time of departure of the flight to CFU, they may not even notice and just think that you're scheduled to fly that same day. Because the flight number and time are printed with huge letters - while the date is not. Do they scan the BP at the A3 lounge or just check it visually?
They scan the boarding pass. Very often I use the lounge in Athens when I arrive in the morning (07:40) but I have the same day the return flight (21:40).
This time my return flight is the next day
Old May 20, 2018, 11:23 am

Is A3 award availability direct via their website the same as calling (certain?) call centers? I’m struggling with online availability as it regularly says no availability at all or just Y when other online portals show availability for other alliance partners like SQ or LH.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Award booking engine on A3 seems not to think BNE exists. Is this a common problem that can be solved by calling them?
Old May 21, 2018, 10:09 am

I have the same question for CUR. I'm interested with the answer as well.
I see many Star Alliance airlines operating from BNE. It should be possible.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by matio_svk
in MXP, my +1 was denied fast track
and my +1 was allowed into MXP fast track in economy based on my A3*G.
the way we do it usually is - I go first w/o asking, and when I am already through, she is trying, denied, then we ask, and she's let through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.