Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by KLouis
No, all flights count.
Great, thank you.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:00 am

No, all flights count.
I'm sure there are exceptions for charter flights, special types of tickets, etc.

But i would say that any scheduled Olympic flight that earns you miles, also earns you a sector.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by sokolov
I'm sure there are exceptions for charter flights, special types of tickets, etc.

But i would say that any scheduled Olympic flight that earns you miles, also earns you a sector.
Ok, yes, I guess we have to go with the mileage earning classes listed on the website, right? Basically everything other than I,X,N,R? What are the N, R classes btw? (I know I and X are the awards.)

Last edited by nk15; Apr 11, 2017 at 6:40 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Does Agean use three awards region redemption for awards from the middle east to north america or they just use the straight redemption rates in their star alliance chart even when connection is done in Europe? I mean one way award from North Amercia to middle east transiting via FRA in F class is 75k miles or a combo of 60k (N.A. to Europe) and 45k (europe to M.E.) a total of 105k!!!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Does A3 marketed, RO operated flight, count as A3 Sector?

Hi all, I was hoping you could help me answer this for Miles&Bonus Gold qualification.

Does A3 marketed, RO operated flight, count as A3 Sector? I am flying A3 1350 from ATH-OTP on RO metal, ticket purchased on A3 website. Does this count as one of my 4 A3 flights needed to requalify for Gold?

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:05 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by somethinpositiv
Hi all, I was hoping you could help me answer this for Miles&Bonus Gold qualification.

Does A3 marketed, RO operated flight, count as A3 Sector? I am flying A3 1350 from ATH-OTP on RO metal, ticket purchased on A3 website. Does this count as one of my 4 A3 flights needed to requalify for Gold?

Thanks!
No, I'm afraid not - and because RO is a Skyteam airline you won't earn any miles either. Qualifying flights must be on A3 or OA metal (but could be, say, a LH codeshare flight number).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Edit: Found the answer in the other thread.

Last edited by jms_uk; Apr 11, 2017 at 3:17 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:53 pm

So... my renewal date is November 24.

If I qualify for SILVER June 2017, then qualify for GOLD November 15th, my GOLD will be active until November 2018. But if I qualify for GOLD December 2017, it will be active until November 2019, since I qualified after my renewal date?

Is that correct?

Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:32 pm

No. AFAIK, you will get new renewal dates.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by lycidas
So... my renewal date is November 24.

If I qualify for SILVER June 2017, then qualify for GOLD November 15th, my GOLD will be active until November 2018. But if I qualify for GOLD December 2017, it will be active until November 2019, since I qualified after my renewal date?

Is that correct?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by sokolov
No. AFAIK, you will get new renewal dates.
Hm, this program only gets more confusing. So my renewal date will correspond to when I qualify for GOLD? Which doesn't explain how some people are getting expiry dates of November 2018 now.

My issue is that I will have enough tier miles to qualify for GOLD twice in the same year but my GOLD-qualifying A6 flights are not yet planned (either late-November or early-December). I realise tier miles won't rollover, so with these travel plans (currently BLUE)...

June 2017: 22,000 tier miles (incl. 2 A6 flights)
November 2017: 20,000 tier miles
+ 4 A6 flights: 3000+/- tier miles

...I'll likely lose 9K+ tier miles to the wind? And, at best, only have 12 months of GOLD? The only solution I can think of is switching to Turkish and making the most of the 24 month expiry... but I would like to stay with A6.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:00 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
So my renewal date will correspond to when I qualify for GOLD?
Yes

Which doesn't explain how some people are getting expiry dates of November 2018 now.
Because they are renewing Gold

My issue is that I will have enough tier miles to qualify for GOLD twice in the same year but my GOLD-qualifying A6 flights are not yet planned (either late-November or early-December). I realise tier miles won't rollover, so with these travel plans (currently BLUE)...

June 2017: 22,000 tier miles (incl. 2 A6 flights)
November 2017: 20,000 tier miles
+ 4 A6 flights: 3000+/- tier miles

...I'll likely lose 9K+ tier miles to the wind? And, at best, only have 12 months of GOLD?
You mean A3 instead of A6

Are the 20000 miles in November from a single flight?

If they are from two flights earning 10K each: you could do the four A3 flights before that, then you would have 10K from June + 3K + 10K to make gold.

Then the other 10K would count for your gold renewal, i.e. for Nov 2018-Nov 2019 and you would only need another 2K + four A3 flights
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:12 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by somethinpositiv

Thanks!
No, it would not. The other way around it would though - RO coded and A3 operated. At least for me it did

Hm, this program only gets more confusing. So my renewal date will correspond to when I qualify for GOLD?
Whenever you qualify for a new level your year is reset and the re-qualification date is set to one year from the qualification.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I am booking something on A3.

it is A3 codeshare on Olympics in B class, domestic.

how many miles will it earn? it is on A3 B class? Olympics B class?
The fare basis is P.

Also, the gold upgrade coupon can be used on the trip LCA SKG Chios, right?

Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
I am booking something on A3.

it is A3 codeshare on Olympics in B class, domestic.

how many miles will it earn? it is on A3 B class? Olympics B class?
The fare basis is P.

Also, the gold upgrade coupon can be used on the trip LCA SKG Chios, right?

Thanks.
No such thing as B class. Using A3's terms it's either "B booking class" (600 miles) or "P looking class" (200 miles), same on OA. You have to look it up in your e-ticket.

As for your coupon, the non-stops SKG-JKH don't have a business class, so no upgrade possible (yes, though, for the first leg).
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: A3 *G
No such thing as B class. Using A3's terms it's either "B booking class" (600 miles) or "P looking class" (200 miles), same on OA. You have to look it up in your e-ticket.

As for your coupon, the non-stops SKG-JKH don't have a business class, so no upgrade possible (yes, though, for the first leg).
I agree, BUT if the LCA-SKG is GoLight in P then it' WON'T be upgradeable with the coupon either. For the coupon upgrade you need to be either in S class or higher, or on any Flex fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.