Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by KLouis
No such thing as B class. Using A3's terms it's either "B booking class" (600 miles) or "P looking class" (200 miles), same on OA. You have to look it up in your e-ticket.

As for your coupon, the non-stops SKG-JKH don't have a business class, so no upgrade possible (yes, though, for the first leg).
Larnaca (LCA) to Chios (JKH) — Sun, Jun 25
Long layoverOvernight flight

Larnaca (LCA) to Thessaloniki (SKG) — Sun, Jun 25
Aegean 923
Dep: 8:15 pm
Arr: 10:15 pm
2h 0m
Airbus A320
Economy (U)
Layover in SKG
14h 35m

Thessaloniki (SKG) to Chios (JKH) — Mon, Jun 26
Aegean 7080
Dep: 12:50 pm
Arr: 1:50 pm
1h 0m
De Havilland-Bombardier Dash-8
Economy (B)
Refreshments
OPERATED BY OLYMPIC
Mileage
925 total miles
CO2 Emissions
199 kg (estimated by ITA).
Airport Information
Larnaca (LCA)
Chios Omiros (JKH)
Thessaloniki Makedonia (SKG)
Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees)
€68.39
Total cost for 1 passenger
€68.39

A3 7080 operated by OA. The booking class is B. The underlying fare basis is U.

It does count toward the 4 segments, I assume. However, how many miles will I earn?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:27 pm

LCA-SKG: You fly in Y, fare class U (or fare basis U, whatever), means 75% of 700 miles, i.e. 525 miles. If your ticket is GoLight, as outlined by Knobbgb, no possibility for upgrade but yes if booked Flex.

SKG-JKH: You fly in Y, fare class B (or fare basis B, whatever), 600 miles. No possibility for upgrade because the flight has no business class.

For the next time, just read all pertinent info here for miles to be earned on A3 and OA flights.

Last edited by KLouis; Apr 18, 2017 at 8:18 pm
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by KLouis
Sorry if I sound harsh but you should a) read what I wrote, b) be less stubborn and more precise (like you were now) and c) be less lazy.

LCA-SKG: You fly in Y, fare class U (or fare basis U, whatever), means 75% of 700 miles, i.e. 525 miles. If your ticket is GoLight, as outlined by Knobbgb, no possibility for upgrade but yes if booked Flex.

SKG-JKH: You fly in Y, fare class B (or fare basis B, whatever), 600 miles. No possibility for upgrade because the flight has no business class.

For the next time, just read all pertinent info here for miles to be earned on A3 and OA flights.
I do aware that there is no upgrade. I am fine with it.

Sorry if I didnt make it clear.

The answer that you say for A3 B class on A3 metal (600 miles) , but it is A3 B class on OA metal. I believe there is a huge distinction. I wouldnt worry it if it were in oneworld as oneworld is operated via marketing carrier, but star alliance and skyteam are not, as far as I know.

As you must know, within star alliance, credit is via the operating airline.

The ITA booking shows it is A3 B class operated by OA. My question is as follows: what booking class is this mapping to OA? Sorry if I wasnt clear.
I do know how to read booking class, but the booking class mapping from A3 is OA is not published in any place I know of.

I have looked up old thread, there are threads about OA not being part of star alliance. and some flights dont get credit properly. I just want to avoid the possibility of not getting the credits for A3 B class when it is mapped to OA in god know booking.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:52 pm

I actually did not understand what you need:

Do you want to credit to A3's Miles+Bonus programme? Then there is no problem, as this is also OA's one. In other words, all OA miles get credited according to the rules (look at my link), and you'll get all miles that you fly credited to M+B.

Do you want to credit to a different *A programme? Then you're right, you'll get 0 miles from the domestic leg as you write yourself. Only the international part will be credited to your *A programme.

Last edited by KLouis; Apr 17, 2017 at 12:30 am
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Non schengen to schengen transfer

I haven't been to ATH for almost a year.
Now flying TLV-ATH-JMK
Is the transfer process still the same? Do I clear immigration,exit to landside then re-clear security and enter air-side?
I understand that the lounge is now after security?
Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Houminer
I haven't been to ATH for almost a year.
Now flying TLV-ATH-JMK
Is the transfer process still the same? Do I clear immigration,exit to landside then re-clear security and enter air-side?
I understand that the lounge is now after security?
Thanks!
Correct. There is now a common security area for all the Schengen gates so things are a little simpler. You can stay in the lounge for longer.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Correct. There is now a common security area for all the Schengen gates so things are a little simpler. You can stay in the lounge for longer.
Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: SK, A3, QR
First post here on A3 forum, so thought this thread would be the right place to post my question. Will be happy for any response...

Apologies if this question has been asked recently, but I only found replies prior to the 2014 rule-revamp of A3 FFP, so thought I'd ask here in flame free and all

I am based in CPH and fly almost exclusively SK about 15 flights a year, mostly intra-EU with one long haul and mostly in Y. Thus I easily qualify for SK Silver (which requires 10 flights/20k points), but am far off SK Gold (requires 45 flights/45k points). Silver brings 1 additional piece of luggage, but otherwise practically no other perks.

Have been calculating my SK-miles through wheretocredit.com from the past year and seems i would easily qualify for A3 Gold as (1.) they mostly credit at least 100% if not more and (2.) I'd only need 24k miles for qualification.

If I'd sign up for A3, I'd of course need the 4 A3-flights, but that doesn't seem an insurmountable challenge - i gather a holidayflight to eg. Italy with a stopover in ATH would do the trick, no?

That would earn me *A status to use on my SK flights, which is an improvement on current SK Silver status with *A lounge access on Y tickets and the same luggage allowance.

Has anyone based outside of Greece recently done a similar switch (perhaps from another *A program)? Anything I should be wary of?

Any thoughts/input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:00 pm

groovyfly, if you fly a lot of SAS, Aegean Miles+Bonus is an excellent program to credit to because all (revenue) booking classes earn at least 600 miles. Keep in mind that you will first need to earn a silver card, then your tier miles gets reset and you'll need to start from scratch and fly 48000 miles (or 24000 and 4 segment with Aegean/Olympic).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by drvb
groovyfly, if you fly a lot of SAS, Aegean Miles+Bonus is an excellent program to credit to because all (revenue) booking classes earn at least 600 miles. Keep in mind that you will first need to earn a silver card, then your tier miles gets reset and you'll need to start from scratch and fly 48000 miles (or 24000 and 4 segment with Aegean/Olympic).
Thank you for this. I wasn't aware of the requirement to qualify for silver first, which challenges things a bit more, but will probably still go for it.

Is there anyway to get an overview of A3 codeshare flights? I gather this would be an easy way of completing the A3 segments.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly
Is there anyway to get an overview of A3 codeshare flights? I gather this would be an easy way of completing the A3 segments.
Codeshare flights don't qualify, it must be operated by Aeagean or Olympic (loosely speaking, the airplane must have the Aegean or Olympic logo on the outside and it can't be a charter flight).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:06 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Thank you for this. I wasn't aware of the requirement to qualify for silver first, which challenges things a bit more, but will probably still go for it.

Originally Posted by drvb
Codeshare flights don't qualify, it must be operated by Aeagean or Olympic (loosely speaking, the airplane must have the Aegean or Olympic logo on the outside and it can't be a charter flight).
To clarify, an A3 number on an SK metal flight wouldn't qualify ... but an SK number on A3/OA metal would. Consistent with *A earning, it's the metal that counts, not the marketing carrier.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
To clarify, an A3 number on an SK metal flight wouldn't qualify ... but an SK number on A3/OA metal would. Consistent with *A earning, it's the metal that counts, not the marketing carrier.
Thank you for the clarification ^
Old May 1, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Hey,
I have an award ticket (HND to BKK) booked on NH in J. I did redeem the 21.000 miles for the ticket.

However, my plan might change and I have to visit CGK as well.

Is it possible to book TYO to CGKto BKK on one ticket, redeeming 21.000miles as well?
I should be able to cancel the other ticket, correct?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Before I posted this I read a few older posts and think I should be fine. However, I just want to ask again just to make sure.

I'm flying DBV-ATH/ATH-HER on two separate PNRs with A3/OA with a 1.5 hr connection. I purchased it as two separate GoLight fares since the price difference was quite substantial compared to booking it as one PNR. If I have a checked bag, will they charge me the fee once or twice at DBV? Also, I'm guessing the check-in agents at DBV should be able to tag my bags all the way to HER since it's on A3/OA the entire way? From what I read, 1.5hr should be more than enough time to transit through ATH as long as the flight from DBV arrives on-time?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.