Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I was slightly impatient It updated this morning.
Now about those seat upgrade coupons, let's go and see how to use this.
To use the coupons, you need to make sure to book the ticket on A3 stock (ticket no starting with 390) and avoid GoLight U,T,P fare classes as these cannot be upgraded.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:09 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Thanks I have a booking in June to Santorini which fullfil all those conditions so I will be good to go
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:50 am

Thanks I have a booking in June to Santorini which fullfil all those conditions so I will be good to go
Flights to Santorini, to my knowledge, have no business class. Unless you have an A3 flight to/from ATH to connect to the domestic one, the coupon will not serve you.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:44 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

The itinerary is FRA-HER-ATH-JTR//JTR-ATH-FRA
I plan to use them on the international segments. Thanks for your remark though, I was not aware that domestic flight were mono cabin.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:23 pm

Thanks for your remark though, I was not aware that domestic flight were mono cabin.
There is business class for some domestic segments like ATH-SKG but you would waste a voucher for the short 30 minute hop
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:15 pm

The itinerary is FRA-HER-ATH-JTR//JTR-ATH-FRA
I plan to use them on the international segments. Thanks for your remark though, I was not aware that domestic flight were mono cabin.
Oh, I'll have to disappoint you: FRA-HER also has no business class, like all international non-stops to airports other ATH (and SKG?). HER-ATH does have, but it's really not worth it for the short hop and, moreover, no lounge at HER.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:40 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Oh. Well then that is OK, I can still get business on the ATH-FRA segment and it saves me one coupon to use for another trip
Y on A3 is so good anyway that I will not miss J on a 2 hours segment.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:05 am

Another silly question

Hi, sorry another silly question from me. Im sure this is on the website but my tiny brain can't work it out! I don't know whether my basic fare can be upgraded (I can always call them to ask that later) but how many miles does one need to upgrade the following

LHR - ATH
Go Light / Booking class L

I don't hold any status with A3.

Thanks (again) in advance
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:16 am

Only Flex tickets can be upgraded, for 8x the distance and a minimum of 7000miles

The reservation must be ticketed, under the Flex fare category to be eligible for Upgrade Award. Booking classes eligible for seat upgrade award are: Y, B, M, H, Q, V, W, L, K, S.
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...aegean-olympic
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by mightydog
Only Flex tickets can be upgraded, for 8x the distance and a minimum of 7000miles

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...aegean-olympic
But I can't work out how to find out the distance? Sorry if I am being thick!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:37 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sharratt4
But I can't work out how to find out the distance? Sorry if I am being thick!
The airlines will use the Great Circle method for the mileage between two points, with some slight variations of a few miles depending on whether they measure it from the centre of a city or the actual airport location (e.g. for London, where A3 operates from both LGW & LHR, there is a single mileage).

You can get a pretty accurate number by plugging your journey into gcmap.com. You'll need to know the airport codes - for example, Heathrow to Athens would be LHR-ATH, which returns 1,510 miles. You then apply the multiplier to that figure, in this example giving 10,570 M+B miles each way.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 3, 2017 at 5:42 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: A3*G
There is also a convenient calculator, regarding the Aegean and Olympic flights, here:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...es-calculator/
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:06 am

Ah! Thank you both for such helpful replies! I assumed there must be a calculator but somehow I missed it!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Hi all, I am not sure if this is right thread, but are there any Olympic flights that don't count towards the 4 required for requalification?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Hi all, I am not sure if this is right thread, but are there any Olympic flights that don't count towards the 4 required for requalification?
No, all flights count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.