Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,

I will shortly be flying A3 from MAN. As I understand, the service from MAN-ATH is an all Economy flight, therefore I am wondering, for A3 Golds or *G members, does A3 provide lounge access @ MAN? Noticed that they only have the Escape lounges there.

Also, looking at the loads coming weekend, the flight is not for sale anymore - guess due to oversold? What's the chance (and procedure) to volunteer to be rerouted and arrive later into ATH?

Cheers!
As far as I recall, Aegean uses the Aspire lounge in Manchester (T1) . So you will get access with *A Gold. The Aspire is IMHO far superior to the escape lounge oposite, as there is windows, with a view, and it is larger, with different "quiet areas" and many different kinds of chairs/sofas to sit on.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
IMHO, with a A3 *G card you only get access to Star alliance lunges, so I dont think you will get in to a third party lounge (like Escape) unless you are flying business
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by benberg2013
As far as I recall, Aegean uses the Aspire lounge in Manchester (T1) . So you will get access with *A Gold. The Aspire is IMHO far superior to the escape lounge oposite, as there is windows, with a view, and it is larger, with different "quiet areas" and many different kinds of chairs/sofas to sit on.
Thanks for pointing this out - I only noticed on the MAN website the Escape lounge so I thought it was the only lounge. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by matio_svk
IMHO, with a A3 *G card you only get access to Star alliance lunges, so I dont think you will get in to a third party lounge (like Escape) unless you are flying business
Haha.. if only A3 had Business for this sector. Sadly no, that's why I was curious if they have lounge access to *G.

Knobbgb - Thanks for the info. Will check out with the check-in agent. Haha, I don't mind if there is no compensation but if they will put me in J on the rerouted route I am fine. Saw that there is a connection later via FRA that gets me into ATH 1 hour later. So I am fine with that if needed (I get to have a Weissbier if I fly via FRA )
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:15 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
The *A website, whilst not always the most accurate of beasts, indicates no lounge access for A3 passengers at MAN. This would seem to tie-in with the all-Y flight, in that there is no real need for A3 to make lounge provision for J-class passengers so they haven't bothered for anyone.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:19 am

but generally speaking, will a A3 *G card grant access to a 3rd-party/contract lounge that accepts a3 biz Pax?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:33 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
but generally speaking, will a A3 *G card grant access to a 3rd-party/contract lounge that accepts a3 biz Pax?
Generally speaking, and probably even specifically speaking, yes.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
In BHX I tried to get into No. 1 Lounge with A3 Gold and economy ticket but they sent me to the Aspire lounge as it is the contract lounge for A3. I would imagine that most airports would have a lounge which *G flyers can use when travelling Y.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I am 99.99% sure that on the sign outside the Aspire lounge in MAN T1 includes Aegean on the list of airlines, so with no business class, must be thats for *G Y pax.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:38 am

Hah, now thats interesting, I always thought that a Star gold card only grants entry to *A airline lounges, not to contract lounges....

So if flying with a *A Carrier, with a *G card I always have access to the lounge that caters to biz passengers of the given carrier, even if it is a contract lounge?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Hah, now thats interesting, I always thought that a Star gold card only grants entry to *A airline lounges, not to contract lounges....

So if flying with a *A Carrier, with a *G card I always have access to the lounge that caters to biz passengers of the given carrier, even if it is a contract lounge?
I'm pretty sure this is the case... Several times that I have flown from FCO in economy, I've had access to Il Mosaici lounge. Having said that, it does show up in *A's lounge finder tool, whereas the MAN lounge does not.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:45 am

ok, my bad then, and thank you for the good news I have always used my PriorityPass card for non-*A lounges
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by blackball
I'm pretty sure this is the case... Several times that I have flown from FCO in economy, I've had access to Il Mosaici lounge. Having said that, it does show up in *A's lounge finder tool, whereas the MAN lounge does not.
If I'm not mistaken, A3 is the only *A airline that uses i Mosaici. Don't forget, in contrast to MAN, A3 flights to/from FCO do have business class.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:28 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Sometimes a contract lounge is "the *A lounge" so *G can get access
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,

I will shortly be flying A3 from MAN. As I understand, the service from MAN-ATH is an all Economy flight, therefore I am wondering, for A3 Golds or *G members, does A3 provide lounge access @ MAN? Noticed that they only have the Escape lounges there.

Also, looking at the loads coming weekend, the flight is not for sale anymore - guess due to oversold? What's the chance (and procedure) to volunteer to be rerouted and arrive later into ATH?

Cheers!
Aspire lounges are pretty decent. I have been to many of them and most recently LTN which was the best bit about that dreadful airport!

MAN working well with the diaspora using it and no doubt last week and this week packed with Greeks heading home for Christmas. A3 have made routes work that OA failed to due to high crewing / ground costs which A3 is far more cost productive. I heard the case for J class is being reviewed but the traffic is very much Y orientated.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: A3
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this question has been answered before but after scrolling back several pages I can't find it so forgive me and maybe allow this to be a refresher.

I am 2500 miles away from being *S on A3, but I am about to go from Tallinn-CPH-SFO and back via SAS which will be about 11,000 miles. The miles *will* carry over right? Right?? Otherwise that kills my plan of being *G by winter 2017 when I go to the US again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.