Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
I'm a M+B newbie based in the US. Just earned 40972 M+B miles from star-alliance J ticket. Need another 1028 miles for a J RT award within North America. Other than car rental and purchasing miles, are there other convenient ways to earn the remaining miles in the US?

Also is it correct, that M+B award rules do not allow any stop-overs on an award ticket (RT or OW)?

thanks in advance...
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:09 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by unicon
I'm a M+B newbie based in the US. Just earned 40972 M+B miles from star-alliance J ticket. Need another 1028 miles for a J RT award within North America. Other than car rental and purchasing miles, are there other convenient ways to earn the remaining miles in the US?

Also is it correct, that M+B award rules do not allow any stop-overs on an award ticket (RT or OW)?

thanks in advance...
The hotels portal would work for you as well, although when you're that close the instant purchase would probably be your best option given the cost would be very low.

You are correct on the stopover rule - only layovers of <24 hours are allowed.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
The hotels portal would work for you as well, although when you're that close the instant purchase would probably be your best option given the cost would be very low.

You are correct on the stopover rule - only layovers of <24 hours are allowed.
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I'll probably just purchase the miles if don't get a chance to earn them otherwise. Any chance that I could request the extra 28 miles if I were to purchase 1K miles? Hate to pay $1/mile just for the remaining 28 miles.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:11 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I'll probably just purchase the miles if don't get a chance to earn them otherwise. Any chance that I could request the extra 28 miles if I were to purchase 1K miles? Hate to pay $1/mile just for the remaining 28 miles.
No, I'm afraid not - strictly lots of 1k only, and I believe an automated process only so no way of overriding it even if an agent was prepared to do so. A3 is very accommodating to most requests, but that one is probably a step too far!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:48 am

What is the cost of refunding an ex-UK roundtrip flex ticket with N passengers?
1) N * £50 + €20?
2) N * (£50+€20)? (one €20 service fee per passenger?)
3) 2 * N * £50 + €20? (one refund fee per direction?)
4) Something else?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:48 pm

You could add a family member/friend to a together account and then use the bonus miles they earn.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sokolov
You could add a family member/friend to a together account and then use the bonus miles they earn.
Ooh, that's crafty....but I like it!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:13 am

That sounds great. Thanks for the info. Didn't know about this together account until reading your post. Will find out more about it on the M+B website.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Melia Gold
Hi All, sorry for my incompetence here but not sure where else to ask. I have recently become a frequent flyer convert and have an upcoming MAN-CPH-PEK-CPH-MAN on SAS in Z class which earns 200% on aegean Miles&Bonus. Is there any calculator that will show me exactly how many miles this journey will earn? I have 4 flights with Aegean over the summer that could potentially take me to gold, but just want the calculations to see if there's anything else I need to do.

Any help appreciated and apologies if this was posted in the wrong place!

Regards,

Lukecdw
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:57 am

Sure: https://www.owenrudge.net/utils/starcalc/
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm A3*G and am planing to rent a car at the Hertz Station in ATH. Now, I've checked their prices and wonder if it makes sense to rent a car 1 class below the one I actually want because as A3*G I will get a free upgrade, right? Has anyone ever rented from them and would be so kind to share his upgrade experience? thank you in advance
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:05 am

I've only booked cars outside ATH, so I can't help you directly, but to the upgrade you'd definitely have to book it through the A3 site.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Originally Posted by Vegitto
Hi everyone,

I'm A3*G and am planing to rent a car at the Hertz Station in ATH. Now, I've checked their prices and wonder if it makes sense to rent a car 1 class below the one I actually want because as A3*G I will get a free upgrade, right? Has anyone ever rented from them and would be so kind to share his upgrade experience? thank you in advance
i only have experience of this in cyprus, in low season. Nobody had a clue that I could even get points using my MB card... so I wouldn't hold my breath for the upgrade (maybe try calling them beforehands to make sure they know what you are talking about)
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:51 pm

According to
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24655647-post2.html
the advertised Hertz upgrades do not exist in real life.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
According to
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24655647-post2.html
the advertised Hertz upgrades do not exist in real life.
I have also booked a few times and tried to get the upgrade, and it has never been available. Admittedly, it has only been 2-3 times, so I wasn't sure this was systematic. Your link confirms it is...

This is really something we need to bring up with A3 M&B. If they can't honor it, take it off the advertised benefits (and the same goes with some other, minor benefits for which clueless retail people have no idea what you're talking about).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.