Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wonderpants
What booking classes are eligble for Star Alliance upgrade awards? I am booked on SQ ARN-MEL via FRA and SIN in booking class Y. Trying to make an upgrade through the website but get error message "523 Eligibility failure - class not eligible".

I was under the impression that proper booking class Y would be full flex fare and eligble for upgrade?
https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...1-f85055e2dda4
Y is eligible but only on flights without PE. Since SQ25 is operated by an A380 in 4 class configuration you cannot upgrade despite your fare otherwise being upgradable.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...1-f85055e2dda4
Y is eligible but only on flights without PE. Since SQ25 is operated by an A380 in 4 class configuration you cannot upgrade despite your fare otherwise being upgradable.
There you go - many thanks for quick answer. I'm on either A380s or A350s for the whole R/T (going home via SIN/DME), so no upgrades for me =/
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:50 pm

There's a lot of things u need to consider before buying a ticket and intent to upgrade it especially if u are not an expert. I think i should have got the 315 scoot deal to singapore instead. ..
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by MixalisK.
There's a lot of things u need to consider before buying a ticket and intent to upgrade it especially if u are not an expert. I think i should have got the 315 scoot deal to singapore instead. ..
It's indeed true that often times fine print makes things overly intricate and intransparent... You could still check if upgrades are available online. And also TK sell upgrades at the airport if there is availability in C cabin. Hope that either of these work for you.

As a general strategy, I never use miles to upgrade my long-haul *A flights, it's simply not worth it in my opinion. Especially since you have so many (potential) miles, it's better to redeem them directly on a C ticket.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by East_and_West
It's indeed true that often times fine print makes things overly intricate and intransparent... You could still check if upgrades are available online. And also TK sell upgrades at the airport if there is availability in C cabin. Hope that either of these work for you.

As a general strategy, I never use miles to upgrade my long-haul *A flights, it's simply not worth it in my opinion. Especially since you have so many (potential) miles, it's better to redeem them directly on a C ticket.
And this can be done on turkish or aegean site, once i get the miles?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
And this can be done on turkish or aegean site, once i get the miles?
Since your credit card miles will be converted into M&B miles, it is through M&B/Aegean website that you can spend them. You can buy directly a business class with Turkish by logging in your M&B account and choosing "Spend miles".

Yet if I understand your original post correctly, you have already bought a ticket with TK on an economy fare other than Y or B (or am I wrong?). In that case M&B terms do not permit upgrading using miles. What I suggested is to upgrade your ticket using real money, if you are willing to pay to fly on business class. From my experience with TK you should be able to do this at the airport before departure by investigating with the check-in agent, provided of course that there is still availability.

I would also guess that Turkish also offers the chance to upgrade your ticket either on their website through some bidding process or at the very least by calling them and buying the upgrade directly, but I have no experience with this. Try checking TK's website, or ask a question in the TK/Miles&Smiles forum: people there will be in a much better position to assist you. Unless of course there is somebody in this thread who's into how these things work with TK.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by East_and_West
Since your credit card miles will be converted into M&B miles, it is through M&B/Aegean website that you can spend them. You can buy directly a business class with Turkish by logging in your M&B account and choosing "Spend miles".

Yet if I understand your original post correctly, you have already bought a ticket with TK on an economy fare other than Y or B (or am I wrong?). In that case M&B terms do not permit upgrading using miles. What I suggested is to upgrade your ticket using real money, if you are willing to pay to fly on business class. From my experience with TK you should be able to do this at the airport before departure by investigating with the check-in agent, provided of course that there is still availability.

I would also guess that Turkish also offers the chance to upgrade your ticket either on their website through some bidding process or at the very least by calling them and buying the upgrade directly, but I have no experience with this. Try checking TK's website, or ask a question in the TK/Miles&Smiles forum: people there will be in a much better position to assist you. Unless of course there is somebody in this thread who's into how these things work with TK.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I am looking to travel from ATH or nearby airport to SIN or KUL. And no, i havent bought a ticket. I dont know if its better to buy one and redeem miles to upgrade it or use them to get one from the start.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:07 am

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I am looking to travel from ATH or nearby airport to SIN or KUL. And no, i havent bought a ticket. I dont know if its better to buy one and redeem miles to upgrade it or use them to get one from the start.
Im only interested to travel business on the long part whatever star alliance airline would that be.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:29 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I know that this has been discussed before, but I am wondering if there are more recent experiences now that some time has passed.

I'm flying Ryanair from ATH on Tuesday. Without really thinking about it I also booked a lounge visit at the Goldair lounge (Schengen B gates) as I still had an unused voucher from my tripit subscription. Only later I realized that Ryanair nowadays departs from the A gates at the satellite terminal, and I may not be able to access the B gates at all..

What is the consensus nowadays, will they allow me to access the B gates for a lounge visit when my BP is for the satellite terminal A gates?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:18 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
To answer my own question: yes they do! The automatic gates didn't let me through, but I asked nicely and showed them the lounge invite and was let through.

YMMV though. I don't think this is an official policy, but rather a nice gesture from the person manning the gates.
GBobon likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I was let into the Schengen area in September when I explained that I wanted to go to the lounges there. I don't think they care that much!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:37 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
hey, it seems that aegean airlines Miles+Bonus missing from FT Awards? anyone know why?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by GBobon
hey, it seems that aegean airlines Miles+Bonus missing from FT Awards? anyone know why?
It's there, very top of the list!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:49 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
I contacted @IBJoel, he added it later
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:16 am

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't for the life of me find the answer when searching.
The upgrade coupon terms state " seat upgrade award is not eligible for the following booking classes: U, P, T, in GoLight ticket "
Does this mean that U,P,T in golight are not eligible
or that
U,P,T are always ineligible no matter the class, and golight fares are ineligible no matter the class?

i.e. Can I upgrade an S golight fare?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.