Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:35 am

I know with M&M you can pay Award ticket fees and taxes using miles - does anyone know if this is doable with M&B also?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:22 pm

To answer my own question - I called M&B and they said no, not possible.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Why not possible?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:07 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Why not possible?

Because it's not an option A3 offer - there wouldn't be a technical reason. LH is just about the only airline that currently offers this, although BA allow you to part-pay a revenue booking with Avios.

Let's not get into discussion mode here, please - this is a thread for questions to be asked and answered, but a separate thread might be commented on if anyone wanted to start one @:-)

/mod
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:42 am

hi all,

my wife is 2863 miles short to be upgraded to gold and she needs to get those by 11th of March 2016.

we are not sure if she will be travelling till then due to pregnancy and therefore I wanted to look into options in bumping here up without flying.

she can now buy 1000 status miles. the remaining 1863 should come out of the LH rail train. the only thing holding me back right now is that I read the ticket needs to be in y class. honestly I don't have a clue how to check the booking class before booking. can somebody open my eyes?

if somebody would have a better alternative to bump here up that would be also highly appreciated.

JohnnyT
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by johnnyt76
hi all,

my wife is 2863 miles short to be upgraded to gold and she needs to get those by 11th of March 2016.

we are not sure if she will be travelling till then due to pregnancy and therefore I wanted to look into options in bumping here up without flying.

she can now buy 1000 status miles. the remaining 1863 should come out of the LH rail train. the only thing holding me back right now is that I read the ticket needs to be in y class. honestly I don't have a clue how to check the booking class before booking. can somebody open my eyes?

if somebody would have a better alternative to bump here up that would be also highly appreciated.

JohnnyT
When you select a fare in the booking tool at lh.com there is a text saying "Show booking classes".

Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:33 pm

Hey everybody,

since I'm new to this program I was wondering if the "qualification" year for getting the silver status starts with signing up for M&B or with the first flight that is credited to my M&B account? @:-)

Thanks a lot!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
based on experience, it starts when you sign up with M&B. cos you get 1000 miles to jump start the tier miles.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I am checking fare class availability on an A3 flight for the summer, but there are no U,P,T fares listed at all for this flight on Expert flyer (or offered for sale on OTAs). Does this mean that there are no U,P,T fares offered for this flight, or is it possible that A3 could add them later?

Just to be clear, I am not referring to U0 (U=0), for example, but rather U,P,T discounted fares not listed at all on EF.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by scrappydog
based on experience, it starts when you sign up with M&B. cos you get 1000 miles to jump start the tier miles.
Thanks! I read about the 1000 miles one gets for signing up on their homepage, however, I was wondering if this 1000 miles are award or tier miles? or both?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by MrLynx
Thanks! I read about the 1000 miles one gets for signing up on their homepage, however, I was wondering if this 1000 miles are award or tier miles? or both?
Both.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Both.
cool! ^
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Quick question, SYD-AUH-ATH EY Metal, a) does it earn A3 Tier Miles? b) which lounge can i use if i have A3*G
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:37 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scrappydog
Quick question, SYD-AUH-ATH EY Metal, a) does it earn A3 Tier Miles? b) which lounge can i use if i have A3*G
I'm afraid, as per the A3 mileage chart, no miles - even on an A3 codeshare number.

You will also not be on a *A flight, so no lounge access unless by class of service (i.e. Business or higher). A3 and EK's arrangement is purely offering codeshare numbers to more easily allow through ticketing and revenue share for the airlines - there are no real benefits for passengers.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:28 pm

Is there a guidance for the best/worst seats on A3 and OA? Seatguru comes up blank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.