Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:19 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by edta450
Hi. I made (old) A3 Blue(=*S) in Aug 14. No further activity since. Did I lose my *S benefit upon their reformation in Sep 14? Or can I still claim *S benefit(if so, until when)? Thanks.
That depends on how many miles you accumulated in the previous year.

It sounds very much as if this was only just the minimum requirement of 4k if you've had no activity since, in which case you won't have met the requirements for the new Silver tier.

Previous Blue ---------> SILVER (if 16K tier miles OR 8K tier miles+2xA3/OA flights were earned in the 12 months before 24/11/2014).
I'm afraid this means your level changed to the new Blue on 24 November 2014, and your *S status disappeared. You can no longer claim those benefits.

This thread, and particularly the wiki, should help you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...tails-m-b.html
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:26 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kyunbit
How do I add members to the together account? There is no such option in the together account. In my personal account, there is an option but that returns an error whenever I try to add someone.
The only way to add is through your personal account, as you've correctly identified.

There were some issues with various error messages in the weeks after launch, but there haven't been any reports for some time.

This thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...r-account.html might help you.

In your circumstances, the best bet would probably be to call A3 - they might be able to issue the invitations manually.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Does anyone happen to know how many miles are required to upgrade an EVA Prem Eco ticket to Business?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Does anyone happen to know how many miles are required to upgrade an EVA Prem Eco ticket to Business?
You need to know the city pairs involved, its based on distance and............

Seat upgrade award is temporarily unavailable due to technical issues.

Just an FYI that EVA's elite class booking classes=K,L,T

EVA Airways

Business → First
N/A

Economy → Business
Y, K, B

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 29, 2015 at 7:55 pm
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I have a flight with a CX flight number operated by NZ. Is the operating carrier the only thing that matters? Or will the CX flight number prevent crediting to A3?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Thoose cross aliance code shares are tricky. Yes, it might not credit to anywhere but CX MPC.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: A3 *S
Originally Posted by lgts
I guess there will be an upper limit to how many miles one can buy. It would be very helpful to know the prices before October (even if not available to purchase) so people can plan accordingly.
Ugh, yes, currently I am going to be about 750 to 1500 miles short of requal, so I definitely need to know what the limit is and how much it is to buy up, or if it's not possible, to plan for another flight somehow. Wish they would release some info.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe
I have a flight with a CX flight number operated by NZ. Is the operating carrier the only thing that matters? Or will the CX flight number prevent crediting to A3?
I would try and credit it, since *A uses the operating carrier. In 2013, I flew US flights bought as UA codeshares (on 016 stock). Looking back at my A3 "transactions," there are listed under the US flight numbers.

Save the physical BPs for sure, especially given the chance you will have to retro-claim.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by st1575
...In 2013, I flew US flights bought as UA codeshares (on 016 stock)...
In 2013 US was still a member airline of *A, they left the alliance in March 2014. It was, thus, absolutely normal that your miles credited.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
In 2013 US was still a member airline of *A, they left the alliance in March 2014. It was, thus, absolutely normal that your miles credited.
My point was actually that since US reported the US flight numbers to A3, NZ might do the same even if the flights were booked under CX numbers. Especially since the flight in question has several other *A codeshares.

OP, please report back.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I was under the impression that in Star Alliance programs, mileage accrual is based on the operating carrier and not the marketing (code) carrier.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:31 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by st1575
My point was actually that since US reported the US flight numbers to A3, NZ might do the same even if the flights were booked under CX numbers. Especially since the flight in question has several other *A codeshares.
But in that case both US and UA was *A carriers and thus avoiding the situation with a cross alliance code share. Naturally they reported it as operating carrier, as that in SOP in *A.

Situation at hand is different.

While marketing carrier does not count in *A, it does in oneWorld. The ticket is with CX and they are a oneworld member. The SOP for them will be to send miles to FF programs based on marketing carrier. By that logic OP will earn nothing because CX flights earns 0 miles on A3.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
While marketing carrier does not count in *A, it does in oneWorld. The ticket is with CX and they are a oneworld member. The SOP for them will be to send miles to FF programs based on marketing carrier. By that logic OP will earn nothing because CX flights earns 0 miles on A3.
But isn't NZ the one sending the data based on what it has in its records (OP, you have a separate NZ PNR, right), not CX? Even if NZ were to send the marketing carrier info, wouldn't A3 ignore it since it sees the data coming from another *A carrier?

Of course, the OP should also confirm that the NZ booking class will actually earn on A3.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Well, NZ would be the airline which knows the traveller was onboard, but it is CX that has to pay programs for the miles, since they are the ones sitting on the cash for the ticket, right?

Like I said, these cross alliance codeshare are not simple. It may or may not work and I personally wouldn't risk it. A CX flight op by NZ sounds like a long flight and potentially a lot of miles going to /dev/null
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Well, NZ would be the airline which knows the traveller was onboard, but it is CX that has to pay programs for the miles, since they are the ones sitting on the cash for the ticket, right?

Like I said, these cross alliance codeshare are not simple. It may or may not work and I personally wouldn't risk it. A CX flight op by NZ sounds like a long flight and potentially a lot of miles going to /dev/null
Doesn't the traveler's FFP "pays" the operating (*A) or marketing (OW) FFP in the case of *A? But I am not at all an expert on who pays whom.

Othrwise, I agree with you that there is risk here on many levels. The OP needs to decide how much, if any, risk to accept here. Of course, no matter what is done, I am sure a report back would be appreciated by many.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.