Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:43 am

Tier retain date

Apologies if it's been asked before; a pointer to the answer would be appreciated as my search-fu isn't strong for this one.

So I've just reached 0 tier miles to go to retain my Gold status ("Until 24/11/2015", like everyone else).

1. Does my "until" date reset to September or simply become 24/11/2016?

2. If the latter, what about flights between now and 24/11/2015? Do the tier miles just evaporate? If they do, I'll probably credit to UA since I value UA miles more than A3 miles due to much easier award booking and lack of fuel surcharges.

Thanks all!

Michael
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WhoME
Apologies if it's been asked before; a pointer to the answer would be appreciated as my search-fu isn't strong for this one.

So I've just reached 0 tier miles to go to retain my Gold status ("Until 24/11/2015", like everyone else).

1. Does my "until" date reset to September or simply become 24/11/2016?

2. If the latter, what about flights between now and 24/11/2015? Do the tier miles just evaporate? If they do, I'll probably credit to UA since I value UA miles more than A3 miles due to much easier award booking and lack of fuel surcharges.

Thanks all!

Michael
1. On 24/11/2015 or abouts, your new "until" date will be 24/11/2016.
2. The surplus tier miles not needed for renewal will be "lost", they won't count towards anything.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:29 am

Thanks! That's what I figured but confirmation is nice and my plans are now clear.

Michael
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:43 am

I have a Miles+Bonus silvercard and I have until February 2016 to earn a goldcard. Since I have another star alliance goldcard, I'm not eager to get my Miles+Bonus goldcard and I actually want to get it as late as possible so that it lasts as long as possible. However, I have quite a few trips coming up soon that would earn some fine miles towards Miles+Bonus. What if I credit one flight in late January that triggers my goldcard and then when I have the goldcard in my hands I retro-register all the previous flight. What would happen then?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:10 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by drvb
I have a Miles+Bonus silvercard and I have until February 2016 to earn a goldcard. Since I have another star alliance goldcard, I'm not eager to get my Miles+Bonus goldcard and I actually want to get it as late as possible so that it lasts as long as possible. However, I have quite a few trips coming up soon that would earn some fine miles towards Miles+Bonus. What if I credit one flight in late January that triggers my goldcard and then when I have the goldcard in my hands I retro-register all the previous flight. What would happen then?
Your retro-claimed flights would credit for the dates you flew them, so if you were already Gold courtesy of the flight you credited in January, you would not see any extension of status and you would simply gain Award Miles.

If you meant: "What happens if I retroclaim lots of flights in January that in total take me to Gold?", then I don't suppose anyone knows how A3's IT will cope. The chances are you'd just get Gold backdated to the date of your qualifying flight, but you are very likely to be the forum guinea pig here!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer

If you meant: "What happens if I retroclaim lots of flights in January that in total take me to Gold?", then I don't suppose anyone knows how A3's IT will cope. The chances are you'd just get Gold backdated to the date of your qualifying flight, but you are very likely to be the forum guinea pig here!
Not saying I know how A3 IT works, but I do have experience with retro credit comming through only after membership year have passed.
The miles were credited to original flight date and nothing else happened automatically. No status, no nothing. Just miles added to the account. I "demanded a recount", and in the end the account was manually brought to Gold status effective on the recount date (not on original membership year end).

So in that particular case the membership year was moved to a later date, but I personally wouldn't count on it to be neither repeatable nor reliable.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Not saying I know how A3 IT works, but I do have experience with retro credit comming through only after membership year have passed.
The miles were credited to original flight date and nothing else happened automatically. No status, no nothing. Just miles added to the account. I "demanded a recount", and in the end the account was manually brought to Gold status effective on the recount date (not on original membership year end).

So in that particular case the membership year was moved to a later date, but I personally wouldn't count on it to be neither repeatable nor reliable.
Did you at least submit your retroclaim before the deadline for status upgrade?

Last edited by drvb; Sep 9, 2015 at 8:06 am
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Did you at least submit your retroclaim before the deadline for status upgrade?
The initial retro claim was done well before membership year end. But it was rejected and re-initiated several times before successful. The claim that in the end went through was entered approx 2 months after membership year had ended and account had been demoted to blue.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:46 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Your retro-claimed flights would credit for the dates you flew them, so if you were already Gold courtesy of the flight you credited in January, you would not see any extension of status and you would simply gain Award Miles.
My understanding here is that drvb is wanting to make sure that there wouldn't be any retrospective recalculation of status bump following his retro-claim in (I guess) February, moving his requal date back from late January to (say) November.

My guess is that *no* airline's IT systems would be set up to do that automatically, as it would be a rare event. I would be utterly amazed if A3 picked up on it. I think you'd just get the award miles added, and no change to the requal date (and no tier miles for those flights either, as they would be in a previous period).
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: a3*g, m&m ftl
Let's assume I have 20k miles and 0 aegean segments and then fly two aegean segments to get silver. How much more miles do I now need to get gold? 4 segments + 24k? Or do 8k miles "roll over" and i now just need 4 segments+16k?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Is 24th November the last day of membership year or the first one?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: A3, SN
Maybe a stupid question, but I have to ask:

I booked a short trip from BRU to SKG via ATH early next month, since I still need 4 flights to retain my gold status. The first 2 flights were in booking class T, the return flights in class P. I have no other options to do these flights, since I'll be travelling overseas for entire October and November.

Now, I figured I might as well go in style, so I used my upgrade coupons to upgrade the first leg. However, I now see that my booking class changed to I, which of course, is not eligible for mileage accrual.

Does this mean that the first two flight won't count towards my requalification as gold?
That would certainly suck, because I only booked the flights specifically for that reason. I had no idea the class would change, I thought class 'I' was used for award travel...
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:41 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by tdn9
Maybe a stupid question, but I have to ask:

I booked a short trip from BRU to SKG via ATH early next month, since I still need 4 flights to retain my gold status. The first 2 flights were in booking class T, the return flights in class P. I have no other options to do these flights, since I'll be travelling overseas for entire October and November.

Now, I figured I might as well go in style, so I used my upgrade coupons to upgrade the first leg. However, I now see that my booking class changed to I, which of course, is not eligible for mileage accrual.

Does this mean that the first two flight won't count towards my requalification as gold?
That would certainly suck, because I only booked the flights specifically for that reason. I had no idea the class would change, I thought class 'I' was used for award travel...
It's okay, everything will work out.

To save mountains of replies, this thread will help you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...e-coupons.html
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: A3, SN
It's okay, everything will work out.

To save mountains of replies, this thread will help you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...e-coupons.html
Doh! I missed the wiki at the beginning of that thread.

Thanks for the quick reply, and for the reassurance! ^
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:06 pm

Award Ticket Stopover

So I want to book an award ticket that includes a stopover. As murphy's law would have it, the two flights that would fit perfect into my schedule are 24 hours and 5 minutes apart. Aegean's rule allows for a 24 hour maximum stopover.

I just called them and the guy said that I could try my luck calling the M&B department during office hours tomorrow. In the award thread, someone somehow managed to fit HKG->SIN->TPE in one ticket (12500 miles), so I'm hoping that my (my less atrocious) request would be granted.

Has anyone else ever convinced A3 to be a wee bit flexible with their rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.