Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Generally not - all of my retro-claims have been settled by providing the PNR only. You have up to 12 months to claim.
Great news for me - thanks!

What have you found to be the best (fastest) way to submit claims?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Ubud
Great news for me - thanks!

What have you found to be the best (fastest) way to submit claims?
call them. i did mine though on a3 flight. i gave them booking ref and flight details, credited within 24 hours.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
I have question about miles + bonus tier from blue to sliver. During blue status, I have already had 4 sectors of A3 flight. When I am in sliver status, will it carry the remaining previously 2 sectors on the road from sliver to gold?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:02 am

What info is on that little magnetic stripe?

OK, maybe someone can help me with a technical question. I have *G from Aegean from a few years ago. They sent me a card that shows validity to 12/2016. Great, right? Except that I didn't manage to re-up this year with Aegean and the Miles+Bonus website shows (on my login) that my *G status expires 1/2016. So...the question is: when I am flying, say, LH or LX or UA (or virtually any Star member) same day on an international ticket, will I be let in the *G lounge? Or to put it another way, what happens when the LH Senator Lounge agent (I live in Berlin) swipes my Aegean card? Will that little magnetic stripe on the back show them status to 12/2016 or to 1/2016? How much info is shared on that magnetic stripe? Thanks anybody who has some insight.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:08 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Your old card is no longer valid and, if swiped, will likely be completely refused. Your new card, which A3 will have sent you when M&B was re-launched last November, will have an expiry date of January 2016.

Even if it isn't refused, I would expect a expiry of January 2016 anyway - the scanners will only be linked to the data in the central *A database against your A3 number.

Incidentally, your status is good for lounge access on all *A flights, including US Domestic - it's only UA Mileage Plus members who have to pay domestically because that's the US model (but they get other unique benefits to replace it instead).
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Two questions about redeeming miles on Aegean:

1: Is a multiple carrier oneway award allowed?
e.g. OZ ICN-HKG + SQ HKG-SIN

2:
Is there some kind of MPM restriction for oneway's?
e.g. can I theoretically fly TYO-X/SIN-ICN on a single award
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
1 - yes. I have flown KIX-CKG as KIX-ICN (OZ) and ICN-CKG (CA). Now, this was on the same ticket as a CKG-NRT so technically not a one way, but the A3 agent said to me she had to treat it as 2 one ways since it was an open-jaw return-ticket.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Connecting on a redemption

Hi everyone,

I know Aegean only allow one 'stopover' of less than 24 hours, but what if it's not possible to do a one-stop redemption with the airline you want to fly (in my case - LX)

Ideally I want to fly in J from PVR to DUB and I'd like to route PVR-SFO-ZRH-DUB with UA/LX.

Would this be allowed?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:46 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by mrdisco
... but what if it's not possible to do a one-stop redemption...
I guess you will then need to redeem as separate oneways.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
So a quick question (could not figure this out from A3's website):

Currently a *G with A3. Status ends on 23/11 (as I haven't flown much recently at all), but I have incurred (and will incur) about 17K status miles by the end of the year, and I expect 24K miles by the end of my cards validity (Feb/16). Now, my main question is:
When re-qualifying for gold, they would start the computation of the 48K/24K (with 4 A3 sectors) from 24/11/2015, or from the earliest flight of the miles I've collected by now (somewhere in July/15)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by mkilmo
When re-qualifying for gold, they would start the computation of the 48K/24K (with 4 A3 sectors) from 24/11/2015, or from the earliest flight of the miles I've collected by now (somewhere in July/15)?
Requalification for the year 2016 ends on 23/11/2015.

The new requalification will *either* start on 24/11/2015 or when you let credit your next flights after you were downgraded to blue status. Don't know the exact answer. Your credited flights in July 2015 won't count for your new qualification.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Quick question:

I'm a current A3*G. I plan to re-qualify for Gold this year on November 2, 2015. Does that mean that my A3*G status for next year would expire on November 2, 2016? If my flight that would re-qualify me for A3*G in 2016 is flown exactly on the day of November 2, 2016 (a very real scenario) than it would qualify, or would my qualifying flight for next year need to be on November 1st, 2016 or earlier? I hope that makes sense. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

requalification is checked only at end of membership year, which is then extended one year. So your nov 02 flight will not set a new date for your tier year.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Does anyone know what happens to a family account if you lose status?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
together account will be cancelled when the head's status becomes blue...

award miles will all go to the head member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.