Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
But AKL-LHR is one flight number, NZ1, which is why the OP thinks it should be bookable for 100000 miles. I believe this is the case, if you can find availability....
I interpreted OP's post as his/her wanting to stopover in London.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
I interpreted OP's post as his/her wanting to stopover in London.
Nope, wanting to fly from AKL to LHR on NZ1 and (if there's availability) it seems possible to do this for just 50,000 miles one way, 100,000 miles return, which seems an incredible bargain, given it would take the same number of miles to do AKL to LAX.

Last edited by peteremcc; Nov 22, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:25 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think we've probably done the question to death now, so to prevent it spiralling into a discussion, which is not the purpose of this thread, let's move on please.

/mod
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I just logged onto Miles&Bonus after reading the thread here about the new 'My Bookings' feature (which is very useful). As a new member I'm a little confused now because the Miles&Bonus account page seems to suggest that I only need an additional 8,999 Tier miles and one qualifying flight to move up to Silver status. As I currently only have the 1,000 miles for registering surely that must be an error, right?

One other question, is it possible to change the frequent flyer information? In one booking I originally inserted my Lufthansa FF card number and I'm unable to change it online.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: A3 *G, ex LH FTL
Hi headingwest, there is something broken in the "how many miles you need to reach next tier or requalify" box for Blue. I just checked my son's Blue account and he gets similar nonsense. (My Gold box is accurate though.)
Re your question, change your FF# at checkin or gate. They will reprint your BPs.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:03 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by headingwest
One other question, is it possible to change the frequent flyer information? In one booking I originally inserted my Lufthansa FF card number and I'm unable to change it online.
Originally Posted by HNF01
Re your question, change your FF# at checkin or gate. They will reprint your BPs.
However, bear in mind that - if this booking is on a LH Group airline - Miles & More numbers are extremely sticky in terms of remaining in the FQTV (miles earning) field once entered into a booking, and there's an extremely high chance that whatever you do your miles will credit to M&M. Getting them back again and successfully re-credited elsewhere would test the patience and strength of any normal human ...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks HNF01 and NWIFlyer for your replies.

Regarding the frequent flyer scheme number, I'll send an email to Aegean and try and get something in writing that the number has been changed in the system.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:36 am

on the road to gold

hello

i am just a few steps away of reaching my gold status

there are about 2000 miles left

unfortunately one of my 4 aegean flights was a codeshare flight with lufthansa and wasn’t counted as an aegean flight so i have one more flight to do - otherwise i need 24000 additional miles
my question is
what if i get the rest of the 2000 miles before i have another aegean flight - do i just need 1 aegean flight to reach gold status or do i need to get 24000 additional miles cause the option is not available any more ?

curious to know

many thanks for the answer
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:28 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by kingxl
unfortunately one of my 4 aegean flights was a codeshare flight with lufthansa and wasn’t counted as an aegean flight so i have one more flight to do - otherwise i need 24000 additional miles
my question is
what if i get the rest of the 2000 miles before i have another aegean flight - do i just need 1 aegean flight to reach gold status or do i need to get 24000 additional miles cause the option is not available any more ?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

So you are currently Silver and you have 2 options to get Gold:

a) fly 2000 miles and 1 Aegean flight
b) fly 26000 miles

If you fly 1 Aegean flight, then option b) will disappear and you'll have to complete option a), which will be ~1900 miles to reach Gold.

If you fly 2000 miles not on Aegean, then you will still have 2 options:

a) fly 1 Aegean flight
b) fly 24000 miles.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:11 pm

If you get 2k status miles and then fly one Aegean or Olympic sector, you will be upgraded to Gold a few days later. No need to get another 24k status miles.

You are probably aware that you can buy 1k status miles already.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
Welcome to Flyertalk!

So you are currently Silver and you have 2 options to get Gold:

a) fly 2000 miles and 1 Aegean flight
b) fly 26000 miles

If you fly 1 Aegean flight, then option b) will disappear and you'll have to complete option a), which will be ~1900 miles to reach Gold.

If you fly 2000 miles not on Aegean, then you will still have 2 options:

a) fly 1 Aegean flight
b) fly 24000 miles.

many thanks

if i earn 5000 miles before having the last aegean flight will the 3000 extra miles be credited for my gold status renewal ?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:03 pm

I purchased a B class fare for a star alliance partner, and upgraded with miles to a business class seat (Z bucket) . I am wondering , under aegean airlines, if i would still get miles for this purchase fare (B). I am concerned because as the award books into the Z class, for aegean airlines, the points earned would be at 0%, Whereas the B class fare would give me 100% miles distance flown;
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by kingxl
many thanks

if i earn 5000 miles before having the last aegean flight will the 3000 extra miles be credited for my gold status renewal ?
No.

Usually, you will become Gold a few days after you qualify. Generally, only status miles earned after you've been upgraded will count towards status renewal.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
No.

Usually, you will become Gold a few days after you qualify. Generally, only status miles earned after you've been upgraded will count towards status renewal.
Not true.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Not true.
do you have more infos/experience on/with this ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.