Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by DELLAS
There are some routes where a decision is made by management that a J Class service is not needed due to demand. MAN happens to be one of them. The bulk of MAN-ATH is leisure traffic. If the stats / demand changes then Im sure they will add it. ^
The BHX flight Is the same, and for the same reasons. It's a shame because I fly that route quite regularly. Still, I can't complain that they should have a C class just so I can use my vouchers can I? I certainely wouldnt pay for a C fare and I guess they know that few other would either.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Next monday I will have a pleasant 7 hours "connection" during the day in SKG. Could anybody suggest things to see that wouldnt be obvious just by looking at wikitravel?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
If I want to book an award ticket from SYD to DXB either via BKK or SIN just one way. How does the redemption table calculate the sector as it would go through multi-zones (i.e., Oceania, Far East and Middle East). BKK / SIN should be less than 24 hrs layover. Would I just pay 40k miles?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
So, with regards to Star Alliance Rewards, what are the actual rules on stopovers? (Apologies if this has been answered already)
An award ticket on Star Alliance flights may include one stopover with duration up to 24 hours
Is this a mistake meaning that you can have one stopover over 24 hours?
Or does this mean that you can only have one connection on a redemption? (e.g. I would be unable to book LHR-AKL on one return, because no matter which routing I take, it requires at least 1 stop in each direction.)
Or is neither the case, and you can have connecting flights, but can not have any stopovers over 24 hours?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by kanor
Next monday I will have a pleasant 7 hours "connection" during the day in SKG. Could anybody suggest things to see that wouldnt be obvious just by looking at wikitravel?
To be honest you are limited. Take the bus into the city. If museums are your thing there is a nice one.

http://www.amth.gr/en

A quick stroll along the waterfront to the White Tower.

Head to the bakery on Dimitriou Gounari

http://www.elenidis.gr
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
...Or does this mean that you can only have one connection on a redemption? (e.g. I would be unable to book LHR-AKL on one return, because no matter which routing I take, it requires at least 1 stop in each direction.)...
I have no experience with real stopovers (i.e. more than 24 hours); what I know is that they won't allow a "second connection"! In other words, since I live in Heraklion, I can only het award tickets that go HER-ATH, ATH-XXX, basta! I tried to argue that I never saw that with M&M or FB, they wouldn't care. Now I know that my next award to Australia will have to start in ATH and I'll have to pay for the domestic leg. Mind you, actually you have one connection for the outgoing part and one for the return. In my example, I could get ATH-MUC-MEX, MEX-MUC-ATH, this is valid.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by scrappydog
If I want to book an award ticket from SYD to DXB either via BKK or SIN just one way. How does the redemption table calculate the sector as it would go through multi-zones (i.e., Oceania, Far East and Middle East). BKK / SIN should be less than 24 hrs layover. Would I just pay 40k miles?
My answer is based on my experience with M&M. When I was trying to book my trip to Central America, one of the possible return itins was PTY-BOG-MUC rather than PTY-MEX-MUC, bot on LH. The former would have costed many more miles as it would include a connection of a few hours in South America! Needless to say that I booked the latter, even if it would take me about 12 hours longer. Of course, I can only speculate on how M&B would handle the matter...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:02 am

If all else fails, there's always "all you can imbibe" G&T in the lounge

Snacky
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:08 am

Other than museums (archeological and byzantine) and a city tour, you could get a rental car, drive (fast) to Kastoria (~2 hours) and stroll along the lake shore, enjoying the view. Then back to SKG. Or find a nice sea-side taverna in Kalamaria, enjoy your lunch and go back to SKG, get a nap and an espresso or two in the lounge (no G+T after the wine at the taverna) and head back to what my children still call Grauland.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by DELLAS
To be honest you are limited. Take the bus into the city. If museums are your thing there is a nice one.
A quick stroll along the waterfront to the White Tower.
Head to the bakery on Dimitriou Gounari
Thanks, in the end strolling through the city felt so nice that I skipped going into any museum although the war museum was tempting. According to the NSA spy device in my pocket I did 14kms in total. And the bakery is indeed very nice!

Originally Posted by KLouis
Other than museums (archeological and byzantine) and a city tour, you could get a rental car, drive (fast) to Kastoria (~2 hours) and stroll along the lake shore, enjoying the view. Then back to SKG. Or find a nice sea-side taverna in Kalamaria, enjoy your lunch and go back to SKG, get a nap and an espresso or two in the lounge (no G+T after the wine at the taverna) and head back to what my children still call Grauland.
The car option was a bit too much for me. But I found a nice cafe in Ano Poli with a great view of the city.

If by Grauland you mean Germany, no. I am now heading to the Promiseland and its neighbour, the Not-yet-f****d-up-arabland. You know not every non-greek flys only for the segments

Btw the bus 78 is seriously cr*p in the late afternoon rushhours. I wanted to arrive 2-1,5 hours earlier than my flight, which got reduced to 1.

Edit: oh and SKG is one of those few airports where lounge access worths heavy goldbars.

Last edited by kanor; Oct 5, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Missing miles and no boarding pass...

How strict is A3 in requiring a copy of the BP? I have the AC issued ticket.

Also - am I correct in assuming a 6 month limit for claims?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Just a clarification

A3 redemption through ATH or LCA charge you award miles for each sector
Is it the same thing for star alliance redemptions?

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:00 am

Thanks, in the end strolling through the city felt so nice that I skipped going into any museum although the war museum was tempting. According to the NSA spy device in my pocket I did 14kms in total. And the bakery is indeed very nice!
Glad it worked out for you. ^
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:40 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ubud
How strict is A3 in requiring a copy of the BP? I have the AC issued ticket.

Also - am I correct in assuming a 6 month limit for claims?
Generally not - all of my retro-claims have been settled by providing the PNR only. You have up to 12 months to claim.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Generally not - all of my retro-claims have been settled by providing the PNR only. You have up to 12 months to claim.
I can also confirm that, no problems whatsoever

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.