Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:40 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by intuition
Originally Posted by WhoME
So I've just reached 0 tier miles to go to retain my Gold status ("Until 24/11/2015", like everyone else).

1. Does my "until" date reset to September or simply become 24/11/2016?
1. On 24/11/2015 or abouts, your new "until" date will be 24/11/2016.
Originally Posted by AVSA
Is 24th November the last day of membership year or the first one?
I have just noticed that my "Until" date has changed to 23/11/2015.

Actually, it says "Up to", not until, but I can't remember what it said last week, only that the date was 24/11/15
Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Has it been confirmed that the 4 segments must be A3 operated? Ie a flight XXX-fra-ath-fra-XXX would not work if XXX-fra was LH operated sold as A3 flight number?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 6:15 am

Your question is easily answered if you think of why they introduced the four-flights rule...
Old Sep 26, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by KLouis
Your question is easily answered if you think of why they introduced the four-flights rule...
Not really but thanks for your input. By that logic would you say that flights on A3 sold as LH then would count?

If A3 flight numbers are on all the flights one could assume they count or not. With ONEWORLD airlines codeshares seem to count. But if someone has experience with this I appreciate it.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by kauppias
Not really but thanks for your input. By that logic would you say that flights on A3 sold as LH then would count?
Well if you didnt get KLouis's clue: the answer is no.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by kanor
Well if you didnt get KLouis's clue: the answer is no.
I did get the jist but, has this been confirmed first hand or just opinions?

I know star alliance works in mysterious ways but it would make sense tgat flights BOUGHT under a airlines own stock and code would count. Hence the question looking for facts, if it has been confirmed then great I am just curious as this is the first year it actually matters...
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I did get the jist but, has this been confirmed first hand or just opinions?

I know star alliance works in mysterious ways but it would make sense tgat flights BOUGHT under a airlines own stock and code would count. Hence the question looking for facts, if it has been confirmed then great I am just curious as this is the first year it actually matters...
well if you dont believe us then try it out and report back
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
People, this is the flame free section. If you can't answer in a helpful mannner, then don't answer.

OP is just looking for someone who can say " I flew a A3 flight op by Lufthansa and it did / did not earn". Simple as that.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:03 pm

OP is just looking for someone who can say " I flew a A3 flight op by Lufthansa and it did / did not earn". Simple as that.
I solemnly vow to do just that at the end of october.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:36 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I flew AMS-MUC-ATH recently; ticket issued by OA, all segments with Aegean flight numbers, first flight operated by LH, second operated by Aegean.

They credited as LH and A3, even though both had A3 flight numbers.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 8:12 pm

People, this is the flame free section. If you can't answer in a helpful mannner, then don't answer.

Well, flame-free or not, earning miles on LH-operated codeshares is not the question. The question is about the 4 flights required in order to lower the necessary number of miles needed for requalification. That is something that A3 requires, which has zero to do with earning miles (yes, it is more than clear that many A3-coded LH flights earn) and neither with whatever is valid throughout *A or ONEWORLD. This requirement was introduced last year because many M&B members were never in fact flying A3. The actual wording in M&M's site is "including 4 flights with Aegean and/or Olympic Air", which is plain and correct English. Of course, one could think of different ways to write this, but if codeshares are not mentioned one should not simply infer that they just "forgot" to do it.

Of course, since the first year after the introduction of the rule is not yet through, it is absolutely clear that nobody can know from own experience before a "failed" requalification! Actually, one could logically infer by reading the summary of his/her account, and see what this says if one has booked A3-coded LH flights into/out of FRA (to stay with OP's question). e.g. XXXXX miles required to maintain status, including zero flights with A3 or OA, or something similar to that. Xandrios' post also point in the same, logical direction, but it is not a proof. Also, we have witnessed tens of posts telling us o miles that were not correctly booked, but nobody has yet complained because the A3 code-share on a *A partner was not accepted by the system as a one of the 4 flights with Aegean or Olympic Air. Of course, again, this would be no proof in OP's sense, and therefore the only thing we can do is wait till November 24 and then start reading the new threads from people who complain because they didn't (re)qualify in spite of the four A3 codeshares they flew.

Clearly there are many of us who just realise that with the new rules it will not be possible to (re)qualify. But this is exactly what A3 intended with this requirement, isn't it?

Last edited by KLouis; Sep 26, 2015 at 8:22 pm
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:48 pm
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, we are on the verge of this becoming too argumentative and less than flame-free. That's not helpful to the thread or the OP.

To assist the OP, please let me summarise: thus far, the only flights we can say for certain will count are A3/OA ticketed and operated. A3 codeshares on LH definitely will not. A3 codeshares on M&B partner EK almost certainly will not. LH codeshares on A3 metal probably will not. The only safe way is the first option.

Now, in the interests of my sanity, let's move on to the next question, shall we?

Thanks.

/mod
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Now, in the interests of my sanity, let's move on to the next question, shall we?

Thanks.

/mod
OK. Here goes my question:

Why on the Aegean flight from Manchester to Athens is there no business class? It is one of the longest routes A3 do, and I'm trying to use the Upgrade coupon, but the flight is full economy. Is it to do with the times? They fly on tuesdays and saturdays leaving Athens in early evening, returning to Athens arriving 4am.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013

Why on the Aegean flight from Manchester to Athens is there no business class? It is one of the longest routes A3 do, and I'm trying to use the Upgrade coupon, but the flight is full economy. Is it to do with the times? They fly on tuesdays and saturdays leaving Athens in early evening, returning to Athens arriving 4am.
That's a weird one. The Matrix shows Business class under Olympic code, but not under Agean code. ??
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013

There are some routes where a decision is made by management that a J Class service is not needed due to demand. MAN happens to be one of them. The bulk of MAN-ATH is leisure traffic. If the stats / demand changes then Im sure they will add it. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.