Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old May 27, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
indeed, the aircraft returns directly to Athens. You should notify ground handling however when you arrive at SKU in order not to loose your flight back.
Thanks for confirming the direct turn. If we end up booking (Crete is still an option), I will definitely let the staff know when leaving the plane. I will be travelling with my kids (son is actually doing the segment run to renew *G), who always find a way to find interesting other things to do when time is short
Old May 28, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Seat selection and lounge access

Hi,

I'm looking forward to my first flight on A3 (or rather operated by Olympic) and booked on Aegean website.
My flights are ATH-JSI-ATH in economy.

1) Do I get lounge access at ATH as a Star Alliance Gold?
2) Any way to select seat as *A gold in advance? I see only A3G gets this benefit for eco but is there any workarounds? LH won't recognize my PNR.

Thanks,
Jumbooze
Old May 28, 2015, 9:38 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jumbooze
Hi,

I'm looking forward to my first flight on A3 (or rather operated by Olympic) and booked on Aegean website.
My flights are ATH-JSI-ATH in economy.

1) Do I get lounge access at ATH as a Star Alliance Gold?
2) Any way to select seat as *A gold in advance? I see only A3G gets this benefit for eco but is there any workarounds? LH won't recognize my PNR.

Thanks,
Jumbooze
1) OA is not a member of *A, so technically you don't have lounge access - that may be a benefit for A3 Elite members only because of the shared FFP. However, it certainly wouldn't stop me asking because it might be an exception will be made - it's really not particularly clear as to where A3's internal demarcation line is.
2) On this one, definitely no workaround. However, if you get in when online check-in opens at T-48 you should have no problem getting the seats you want, within reason.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: A3 Gold, ex-Aeroplan Elite; Hertz #1 club
GoLight Fare - Extra bag for A3 Gold

The A3 site says a gold benefit is " 1 extra piece of baggage within the maximum allowed weight limit as per booking class, free of charge."

Does this apply to GoLight fares, bringing the baggage allowance from 0 bags to 1 bag?
Old May 29, 2015, 6:03 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donard
The A3 site says a gold benefit is " 1 extra piece of baggage within the maximum allowed weight limit as per booking class, free of charge."

Does this apply to GoLight fares, bringing the baggage allowance from 0 bags to 1 bag?
Yes, and this applies to all *G, not just A3.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold, ex-Aeroplan Elite; Hertz #1 club
Thanks NWIFlyer.

I was aware of the normal *G extra bag situation.

One concern was the word "extra". Being a literal sort of person, I was afraid that since Golight is 0 bags, you cannot have "extra" as there is none to start with.

And then there was "within the maximum allowed weight limit as per booking class". Since GoLignt has an allowed weight of zero, this could mean double zero for Gold.

An airline could interpret it in one of these ways, as airlines have a habit of interpreting things in ways that a not favourable to passengers - or maybe RyanAir has made me too sceptical. Good for A3.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Yes, and this applies to all *G, not just A3.
In fact, once you input your mb ff number into the A3 website, the free bag will show up on your booking, which gives peqce of mind. It doesn't do that (as far as I know) when you fly other carriers.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Star Alliance retro claim

How long after a flight can I submit a claim?
My flight (SA) was two weeks ago and no sing of Miles yet. When trying to make a claim I get message that it's to early to start a calim. Any input as of when if miles still not posted i shall go ahead with the claim?

Last edited by Atlantico; Jun 5, 2015 at 12:38 am
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
14 days, counting from the day after flight date.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:30 am

Hi,

I'm A3*G but I won't be able to get the miles needed to requalify.

My previous *G card expires on December 2016, but the new card I was sent expires on January. My question is, may I go to the Lounge, get my baggage delivered first, etc during 2016 if I present my previous card?

Thanks,

bigapple
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:25 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigapple05
Hi,

My previous *G card expires on December 2016, but the new card I was sent expires on January. My question is, may I go to the Lounge, get my baggage delivered first, etc during 2016 if I present my previous card?

Thanks,

bigapple
Officially - no. Your status will have expired, and you won't have a current valid card.

Unofficially - nobody knows. You might get away with presenting the card at non-A3 lounges if they don't check very carefully against the list of current cards, but when A3 starts to get bills for your access you might find you and your card attract the wrong sort of attention. We'll only know what's happening on the ground when the first set of new cards expire.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I have a GoLight A3 international flight , my question is:
if i add a bag ( 40 Euro fee ) will this change my booking class ?
If so what will be the new booking class?
pvt2019 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by winkny
I have a GoLight A3 international flight , my question is:
if i add a bag ( 40 Euro fee ) will this change my booking class ?
If so what will be the new booking class?
No, from experience, a paid suitcase is just an add-on.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Thank you.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by bigapple05
Hi,

My previous *G card expires on December 2016
By that time you should be able to buy status miles. If it's going to be worth it is everybody's guess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.