Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:26 am

DELLAS, ealgoose, thanks for your help!

It was my mistake. I realized just now that the coupons field is only visible when you don't have an international flight in your itinerary.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Snacky
Maybe you could call A3 CS and tell them that you're trying to book a trip, but can't complete the booking online. I doubt they will charge you anything at all for calling to book something that should be bookable online, if the online booking engine played fair (if so, take your business elsewhere).

Snacky
Thank you for your suggestions, Snacky ^^^^
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I think on some it could even be row 5 as I had 5F on FRA-ATH and it was the same generous pitch as the rows in front.
321?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL, TK Gold
miles when upgrading?

Hello,

I used my voucher being gold member to upgrade from economy (U class) to business. They gave me an I class for business, and therefore now they are claiming I am not eligible to get any miles or the segment credited for my tier miles. Any thought or experience about this?

Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:09 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Skatn85
Hello,

I used my voucher being gold member to upgrade from economy (U class) to business. They gave me an I class for business, and therefore now they are claiming I am not eligible to get any miles or the segment credited for my tier miles. Any thought or experience about this?

Thanks
Short answer: they're wrong, you earn at the underlying economy rate. Call back and explain.

Longer answer: take a look through this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...e-coupons.html

... which should help you enormously .
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Skatn85
...and therefore now they are claiming I am not eligible to get any miles or the segment credited for my tier miles...
Who, when, how? Did you ask "them" or did "they" volunteer this info?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
Who, when, how? Did you ask "them" or did "they" volunteer this info?
You surely don't mean that, regardless of how efficient and proactive as the M+B staff are, that they now ring up/email customers to explain the motivation behind each mileage amount posted to your account?

Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You surely don't mean that, regardless of how efficient and proactive as the M+B staff are, that they now ring up/email customers to explain the motivation behind each mileage amount posted to your account?

Of course not. What I meant, with a few words, is: did the the agent answer (on the phone, we know that A3 almost never answers emails) a question on how many miles Skatn85 would get? Did Skatn85 ask how many miles one gets in an I fare class ticket and got the answer zero? Did the agent say without having been asked "...and you'll not earn any miles because...". And so on.

You see, there is enough room for some legitimate questions, rather than coming to the conclusion you came to.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
We all agree that the answer given was wrong, so I don't see that there is anything to be gained from giving any further thought to that answer, or how it was obtained.

The OP should just ring up and ask for the originally-booked class to be credited. If the OP obtains the same or similar answer, politely say thank you, hang up, and call again. Simples!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:41 am

Is Aegean still the best scheme for new collectors?

Since the levels were changed, is Aegean still the best place to aim for Star Alliance status?

I have a trip coming up to NY on LH which will net me around 10K miles (it's a full fare Economy ticket).

I think that collecting the miles on LH won't get me very far.

I will probably start flying Star Alliance carriers fairly regularly in the next 12 months, and so looking for easy status rather than redemptions.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I don't think there is a general answer to that. It might be, but perhaps TK could also be a good option for you. Going from zero to gold on A3 is at least 36 000 miles and in worst case 72 000 miles.

As always, it comes down to your specific flying pattern. You would need to carefully examine each programs earnings in the fare classes you will be travelling on. Some fares earns 0 or very litte on A3, and then those 72 000 is close to impossible.

Here is a thread where people discuss best star alliance program,
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by AllTheNines
Since the levels were changed, is Aegean still the best place to aim for Star Alliance status?

I have a trip coming up to NY on LH which will net me around 10K miles (it's a full fare Economy ticket).

I think that collecting the miles on LH won't get me very far.

I will probably start flying Star Alliance carriers fairly regularly in the next 12 months, and so looking for easy status rather than redemptions.
Before the changes I would have said A3 was a no brainer but from scratch TK is very attractive too. As stated it comes down to personal preference and travel patterns.

As for LH even many German based members have jumped ship to TK and A3 who were historically quite loyal to their home based airline. LH offer very little these days.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:00 pm

When booking flights on the Aegean site (using an iPad), the fare code only shows on the confirmation email, not during the booking process. Are others experiencing this, or is this a glitch that occurs with using certain hardware or browsers?

Does Aegean have the 24 hr cancellation window that is offered by other airlines?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:41 pm

Maintaining Miles & Bonus

In order to maintain my Miles & Bonus Gold, I need 12,000 Tier miles, including 4 Aegean or Olympic flights.

If I buy an Aegean ticket from TLV to Paris, with a layover in Athens. Does that count as 2 Aegean flights towards maintaining my tier?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by zzzrByte
In order to maintain my Miles & Bonus Gold, I need 12,000 Tier miles, including 4 Aegean or Olympic flights.

If I buy an Aegean ticket from TLV to Paris, with a layover in Athens. Does that count as 2 Aegean flights towards maintaining my tier?
Yes it does. Its two flights and therefore you will only need another 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.