Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
yes they will, you will have 8500 towards gold
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:47 am

Exactly! After your miles have been credited, you'll be Silver and you'll have 8,500 status (tier) miles towards becoming Gold.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:46 am
XII

Programs: SK, SU
I'm not sure whether this is the right thread to ask the my quick question, but I'll try: does anyone know, if Aegean is going to serve JTY during their summer schedule? Now tickets are available until March 29 only. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by XII
I'm not sure whether this is the right thread to ask the my quick question, but I'll try: does anyone know, if Aegean is going to serve JTY during their summer schedule? Now tickets are available until March 29 only. Thanks in advance!
It looks like Sky Express has been awarded the PSO (public service subsidy) contract for that route so I guess that Olympic/Aegean won't also operate as it is probably loss-making even with a single carrier, even in summer.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

MAN lounge

Hi,

Just to answer my original question about MAN operation of A3,
- there is a special counter for *G and M&M bonus members.
- for *G you do have access to Fast Track and the Aspire 1 lounge (not too bad, but seems that quite a number of items are paid for and breakfast items are minimal- continental at best)

Flight today is full, tried asking @ check-in about the flight, but the agent was rather rude and not bothered, so i did not press on it. Will check at the gate if they need volunteers.

Cheers from foggy MAN!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: Lufthansa
Nice to meet everyone. Quick newbie question (although seasoned traveler) after making an honest effort to skim various threads

Over the past years I lost all my LH status (ex-Senator, 2 "status stars") and was hoping 2016 would bump me up to at least Silver. I'm stuck at 29K status miles and can't make it (threshold is 35K) . From the LH thread I understand there are several other disgruntled customers like me...

Being based in Greece, do you guys think I would get status faster if I switched to accruing with Aegean Miles & Bonus instead? e.g. this year I've flown about 24 segments, some intercontinental, and safely more than 4 on A3. But as said, LH still has me on frigging blue...

Thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:59 am

It should be easy for you to decide: Just see hoe many miles you woulf have gotten over the last 12 months flying *A, take into consideration how many flights you'll take next year (that will obviously be an approximate figure) and there you are. And, not to forget, καλωσόρισες στο FT!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by sotirisb
e.g. this year I've flown about 24 segments, some intercontinental, and safely more than 4 on A3. But as said, LH still has me on frigging blue...

Thanks!
On A3 there is no diffference how many segments you fly. (except from the 4 A3 segments to lower the threshold.) It is a generally speaking a miles-based program.
This would mean that, if you are flying with Lufthansa on Low-earning fares, for which Lufthansa give miles, but Aegean do not, then you would not gain much by crediting your miles to A3. It would boil down to whether you normally fly in low-earning classes. (of which there are alot on Lufthansa)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by benberg2013
On A3 there is no diffference how many segments you fly. (except from the 4 A3 segments to lower the threshold.) It is a generally speaking a miles-based program.
This would mean that, if you are flying with Lufthansa on Low-earning fares, for which Lufthansa give miles, but Aegean do not, then you would not gain much by crediting your miles to A3. It would boil down to whether you normally fly in low-earning classes. (of which there are alot on Lufthansa)
And of course... it would help if you actually stopped flying LH altogether! After all, if you're based in Greece and won't credit to M&M any more, what possible reason could you have to ever fly them again? The low mileage accrual? Lack of *G benefits? Cramped aircraft? Or the strikes maybe? Seriously - credit to A3, switch your European flying to A3 and SAS where possible and you should easily qualify in M&B.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:18 am

That's all very helpful people, thanks! Besides what you all mentioned, I think A3's rolling 12-month accrual basis is more fair than LH's calendar year basis. I do need to take note of low fare classes, this is what demoted me from Gold in the first place!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Nice to meet everyone. Quick newbie question (although seasoned traveler) after making an honest effort to skim various threads

Over the past years I lost all my LH status (ex-Senator, 2 "status stars") and was hoping 2016 would bump me up to at least Silver. I'm stuck at 29K status miles and can't make it (threshold is 35K) . From the LH thread I understand there are several other disgruntled customers like me...

Being based in Greece, do you guys think I would get status faster if I switched to accruing with Aegean Miles & Bonus instead? e.g. this year I've flown about 24 segments, some intercontinental, and safely more than 4 on A3. But as said, LH still has me on frigging blue...

Thanks!
I can tell from my personal experience, I made it Barely do MM FTL/*S in 2015, fed up with it...
2016 I switched to M+B, 4 months (2 longhaul trips and a couple short) and i was A3 *S, another 5 months (1 long haul couple short) and I was gold....
When comparing 2016 M+B vs MM, with MM I wouldnt even requalify *s, but M+B with the same amount made me gold... clear decision for me
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
And of course... it would help if you actually stopped flying LH altogether! After all, if you're based in Greece and won't credit to M&M any more, what possible reason could you have to ever fly them again? The low mileage accrual? Lack of *G benefits? Cramped aircraft? Or the strikes maybe? Seriously - credit to A3, switch your European flying to A3 and SAS where possible and you should easily qualify in M&B.
The problem is A3 does not fly intercontinental, and we are all often 'forced' to fly LH or LX as they are usually the cheapest alternatives. I've grown to *hate* LH and German airports, but one thing's for sure: Economy in A3 is more cramped. I will not stop mentioning this until A3 fixes it :P
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G

Thanks!
I live in Germany and I quickly realized there is NO point in crediting to M&M. Heck, I've even stopped crediting to M&M after reaching the re-qualification threshold for M&B Gold!

Nowadays I am forced to fly LH quite often, and I always put my M&B number on the BP. If the flight is a non-earning class, I simply do a retro-claim on M&M and earn the miles there. Who knows, one day I might even use them...

Switch to M&B. Best program, and way better airline than LH at every level (except economy leg room after the 6th row :P).
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:42 am

Wow, great feedback matio_svk, blackball. I was intuitively suspecting that M&B would be a better way to go, and your are confirming it... Besides all else, LH's declining level of service is making this choice easier... BTW I can't even access the M&M portal right now, which seems to be happening too frequently...
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by blackball
...Economy in A3 is more cramped. I will not stop mentioning this until A3 fixes it :P
Switch to M&B. Best program, and way better airline than LH at every level (except economy leg room after the 6th row :P)
True that rows 6+ have shorter leg room than 1-5 but it seems to me that you have not flown much on other airlines lately. Other than LCCs (worse than A3) all European planes I've been on are very, very similar as far as leg room is concerned (including, of course, LH). At any rate, with OLCI opening at -48 hours, getting a seat in the back is extremely rare for me, and don't forget (like I always do ), that as soon as you book you can call them and reserve your favorite seat up front, provided you're M+B Gold!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.