Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by HanDaniel
Hi!

I've recently booked the flight KWI-WAW via ATH, I'm wondering which fare is the class S? Is it go light or saver?
Depending on how you bought your ticket, there are two possibilities to find out:

1) If booked online: Look at the automatic "E-ticket confirmation" sent to you by [email protected] when booking on-line. Below each segment, on the left side you'll find the following in small letters:
Fare family Flex or GoLight
Booking class S

2) If booked by phone: You must have gotten an email with your e-ticket/passenger itinerary receipt sent by Res Office (i.e. [email protected]). There, in the column "FARE BASIS", you'll see both the fare class and the gl light/saver distinction such as, for example, "SLNOBAGT" for a go light fare in S (full miles).

Last edited by KLouis; Jan 28, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:49 am

I've booked via OTA, on the e-ticket, it shows one checked luggage. However nothing mentioned about the fare. So as I assume I'm in the flex fare and eligible to upgrade using my coupon! Thank you guys!!!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by HanDaniel
I've booked via OTA, on the e-ticket, it shows one checked luggage. However nothing mentioned about the fare. So as I assume I'm in the flex fare and eligible to upgrade using my coupon! Thank you guys!!!
Fare class S is eligible for upgrade even if booked as the go-light category.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: A3*G
Booking class S is eligible to upgrade in any case, as long as the ticket number is something like: 390-xxxxxxxxxx (A3's stock number 390).

Some OTAs may issue tickets from different pools.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:38 pm

Newbie question here. I had asked this question a couple of years back, but wondering if anything has changed since. For award travel booking on M&B (with M&B points), is the procedure still finding the flight I want with UA award search engine and then call Aegean customer service to book it (after cross-checking if it shows up on awardnexus AC / NH search engines as well)?

Is there an easier way to book award travel with points? Do *G members have any additional privileges for booking?

What about upgrades please? Is the procedure still to call the Aegean customer service number?

Thanks for any clarifications.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by sociableorg
Newbie question here. I had asked this question a couple of years back, but wondering if anything has changed since. For award travel booking on M&B (with M&B points), is the procedure still finding the flight I want with UA award search engine and then call Aegean customer service to book it (after cross-checking if it shows up on awardnexus AC / NH search engines as well)?

Is there an easier way to book award travel with points? Do *G members have any additional privileges for booking?

What about upgrades please? Is the procedure still to call the Aegean customer service number?

As was already the case a couple of years ago, you can book awards using the on-line tool somewhere in their pages. For upgrades you do have to call. Finally, what kind of booking privileges are you looking for?

I think that both calling or online booking has been as easy for me with A3 as was the case with AF and LH.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
As was already the case a couple of years ago, you can book awards using the on-line tool somewhere in their pages. For upgrades you do have to call. Finally, what kind of booking privileges are you looking for?

I think that both calling or online booking has been as easy for me with A3 as was the case with AF and LH.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Where is the online booking tool please? I go under my Aegean M&B account -> Miles&Bonus -> How to spend

I just see award miles needed for various carriers.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:38 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador

In terms of *G privileges, I'm afraid there aren't any - there's no extra award inventory a la BA Gold or reduced telephone call fees for bookings.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:54 am

Thanks a lot for the reply. Where is the online booking tool please? I go under my Aegean M&B account -> Miles&Bonus -> How to spend

I just see award miles needed for various carriers.
Somewhat hidden but easy...

Login into your M+B account. In your account's home page scroll down to the lowest, left box and click on "I want to... spend miles".

I guess, when done (a few days later), you'll hear from them either through email or a regular phone call. When I booked my flights I did everything by calling them because I had some complicated bookings and I preferred talking to them.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
BTW, is there an "official A3 way" how to find out the taxes&fees, because I hardly doubt the A3 staff consider the UA tool as a tool for MB members as well
Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:04 am

I had a return flight which should get me 24200 (12100 each leg).
So I get an upgrade to Silver and would need 24k+4 or 48k to get Gold...

my question is: Would 12k+6 segments be another way to get Gold status after reaching 24k...it would meet the 36k+6 requirement but I don't know if after reaching Silver it resets completely or not...?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by JCala
my question is: Would 12k+6 segments be another way to get Gold status after reaching [Silver]
I don't think that would work. The rules say you need 48k or 24+4k - and you get a full 12 months to do that.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by sokolov
I don't think that would work. The rules say you need 48k or 24+4k - and you get a full 12 months to do that.
I think what the OP means is this: If he "uses" his first 24k miles to obtain Silver and THEN flies 2 segments, within the same 12 months but AFTER being upgraded to Silver (which would mean he only needed to have used 12k to get Silver), will he then get 12k of the miles "returned" and counted towards Gold (leaving 24k+4 segments required)? This would actually make sense as Silver-to-Gold qualification is rolling (there is no "reset" after reaching Silver - miles already earned can count to Gold).

Is this what you mean JCala?

If so, I think it actually makes sense, although I can't see it happening automatically. It would probably involve a call to customer services to sort out. Good luck explaining it to them.

EDIT: Actually, I just thought, if you hold back on crediting one or both of the 2 x 12k flights until AFTER you fly two segments then it should all work out. They'll still be credited on the actual date you flew them, of course, but it will prevent the Silver upgrade from happening right away which should fix your problem.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Feb 2, 2017 at 1:13 am
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
EDIT: Actually, I just thought, if you hold back on crediting one or both of the 2 x 12k flights until AFTER you fly two segments then it should all work out. They'll still be credited on the actual date you flew them, of course, but it will prevent the Silver upgrade from happening right away which should fix your problem.
That is probably your best chance. So, if you haven't signed up for M/B yet, do it the day before you fly. But make sure you have no FFP number on your ticket at all (none at all). Then fly. Then fly Aegean or Olympic twice, with your M&B-number on the ticket. Then retrocredit the earlier flights.

That might produce the desired result. There is no guarantee.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by sokolov
That is probably your best chance. So, if you haven't signed up for M/B yet, do it the day before you fly. But make sure you have no FFP number on your ticket at all (none at all). Then fly. Then fly Aegean or Olympic twice, with your M&B-number on the ticket. Then retrocredit the earlier flights.

That might produce the desired result. There is no guarantee.
I doubt it would work - as we know Aegean has considerably updated their system, such as the automatic posting of coupon-upgraded segments, and there have also been reports of flights taken before status-expiry but retro claimed after status expiry automatically re-instating the expected status. So I would definitely not rely on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.