Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Rocambolist
You're so right! That was the first thing I did. I have four
As a silver you only have 2. How did you come up with 4?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:13 pm

Location: SFO until life lets me wiggle free to become ... rocambolesque!!
Programs: M+B, AirPoints, BAEC, IB+
I just did some triple-checking and my editing is the fault. I have two class upgrades and four biz lounge passes.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:25 am

I flew with Air India from LGW to Goa Mopa back in early November. I attached my M&B number to the ticket at check in, however I never received the points. I tried filling the missing miles form, however GOX isnt selectable as an airport. Selecting GOI instead didnt work. Filling in a general contact form also wouldnt let me select Air India or GOX, however I did try with another entry explaining the issue in the message. Still no luck.

Is there an email address that goes directly to the relevant department to fix this?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Hi all,
Aegean "screwed" me again.
This year, I had a RT flight booked: BRU-ATH-GYD (Baku).
However, due to cancellation of the route ATH-GYD by A3, there was no alternative bookable with A3 metal.
I was only given the option to
a) request a refund
b) voucher with 10% extra
I do however interpret EC261 that airlines should be responsible to offer an alternative even on another airline to get you from A to B.
They blatenly told me this was not the case and only a and b are an option.

Today, I got a message that my flights from Brussels to Amman for 2024 are cancelled.
Apparently, all flights are cancelled on the route ATH-AMM.
Therefore, the same that happened to me for my GYD flights is now also applicable for the flights in 2024.

I would like your opinions:
Am I right to think that I should be rebooked on a different airline and that Aegean is responsible to get me to my destination without additional costs?
Is the airline only legally obliged to offer a and b?
I would like give everyone an update on this.
After some back and forth and a lot of pushback from the airline, I managed to get rebooked on TK on their costs.

I hereby would suggest to everyone who gets in such situation as I did to just keep repeating the the rules to the airline that under EC261, they are obliged to offer an alternative, even on a different airline.
As this topic created some "heated" discussion here, I think we can conclude that airlines have to rebook under EC261, even on another airline. I myself am a big fan of Aegean and a happy Gold member for many years, but I can't stand if airlines try to avoid their obligations to the law. I hope this is helpful to some here in the future.
headingwest, romans and giorginho like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by steview111
I flew with Air India from LGW to Goa Mopa back in early November. I attached my M&B number to the ticket at check in, however I never received the points. I tried filling the missing miles form, however GOX isn’t selectable as an airport. Selecting GOI instead didn’t work. Filling in a general contact form also wouldn’t let me select Air India or GOX, however I did try with another entry explaining the issue in the message. Still no luck.

Is there an email address that goes directly to the relevant department to fix this?
Your best bet is to contact them through social media (such as Messenger). Hopefully you still have a boarding pass to show as proof. And indeed, some small airports are not listed on the website of Aegean (GOX is one, GZP in Turkey is also one).
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
After some back and forth and a lot of pushback from the airline, I managed to get rebooked on TK on their costs.

I hereby would suggest to everyone who gets in such situation as I did to just keep repeating the the rules to the airline that under EC261, they are obliged to offer an alternative, even on a different airline.
As this topic created some "heated" discussion here, I think we can conclude that airlines have to rebook under EC261, even on another airline. I myself am a big fan of Aegean and a happy Gold member for many years, but I can't stand if airlines try to avoid their obligations to the law. I hope this is helpful to some here in the future.
It's because, presumably, it's costly and they know the law is confusing to most people, so they just try to fob them off.

I really don't understand why they behave in such a way, because, although it costs them, it works the other way too. For example, passengers on TK services that are disrupted might be booked onto Aegean flights, therefore they make make a profit on that I presume.

Anyway, well done for pushing!
Old Dec 9, 2023, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA

Hi,

I'm in a very similar situation with ATH-BEY flights cancelled, and A3 refuses to rebook. Alternatives are extremely expensive. I've tried the schedule change form (two weeks ago, haven't heard back), called, and Twitter DM - all refuse to do anything other than issue a refund (despite obviously quoting EC261 multiple times, etc).

How were you able to convince them to rebook on another airline? Flight is in a week...
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:26 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
It's because, presumably, it's costly and they know the law is confusing to most people, so they just try to fob them off.

I really don't understand why they behave in such a way, because, although it costs them, it works the other way too. For example, passengers on TK services that are disrupted might be booked onto Aegean flights, therefore they make make a profit on that I presume.

Anyway, well done for pushing!
All airlines try to avoid OAL rebooking as much as possible, all of them are guilty of fobbing off or lying when it comes to that particular point of the regulations.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:18 am

Your best bet is to contact them through social media (such as Messenger). Hopefully you still have a boarding pass to show as proof. And indeed, some small airports are not listed on the website of Aegean (GOX is one, GZP in Turkey is also one).
Messenger worked, thank you!
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:15 am

Hello, do you know if there is an A3 status point per destination reference table please? Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:42 am

What is a "status point per destination reference table"?
giorginho likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
What is a "status point per destination reference table"?
Maybe I've got the language wrong - I was looking for a table that could outline how many status miles or points could be earned per flight with Aegean.

For example, with BA, I know that a trip between two points will earn me N number of tier points - just wondering if A3 had the same type of structure/chart/table
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Sapphire (BA Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Life is like a box of Sharklets
Maybe I've got the language wrong - I was looking for a table that could outline how many status miles or points could be earned per flight with Aegean.

For example, with BA, I know that a trip between two points will earn me N number of tier points - just wondering if A3 had the same type of structure/chart/table
It's here:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...es-calculator/
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:48 am

Excellent thanks headingwest
headingwest likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:35 pm

Programs: QRPC Europium
Hello,
Newbie here, please be gentle.
I have a big amount of travel coming up (OSL-FRA-HND-SIN-SYD and back) in business class. I am a lowly blue member of the M&B program.
My question is about the 2 flights required on Aegean in order to reach Silver status. Is one return ticket enough or are 2 return tickets required?
Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.