Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, guys, I have bought a ticket from Prague to Athens about 6mths ago for my trip in this coming June. I realized that there was a baggage policy change or something like that some time ago. I couldn't remember whether I bought a ticket which include free checked baggage, how could I check it?

I could see that my fare class is P for Prague-Athens-Prague, and Q for Santorini-Athens.

Please help.
Both P (intern.) and Q (domestic) are "cheap" fare classes, i.e. no luggage nowadays. On the other hand, if I'm not wrong, for tickets sold before the new system was introduced they still allow one piece for free. I think the best thing to do is to call them, give them your ticket number and ask. At any rate, in case you're not entitled to a free piece of luggage, it's 15 Euro more expensive if you pay at the airport. Thus, if you call them, have your CC ready just in case.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA executive plat, Turkish Airlines Gold , Etihad Gold
I am flying next month from AMS to GIG via Houston (RT). Calculated to be 20k miles total in V fare class on United Airlines.

Will that be A3 Gold, or will first be A3 Blue and some time later become gold?

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Both P (intern.) and Q (domestic) are "cheap" fare classes, i.e. no luggage nowadays. On the other hand, if I'm not wrong, for tickets sold before the new system was introduced they still allow one piece for free. I think the best thing to do is to call them, give them your ticket number and ask. At any rate, in case you're not entitled to a free piece of luggage, it's 15 Euro more expensive if you pay at the airport. Thus, if you call them, have your CC ready just in case.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have sent them an email to ask about it, wonder when I will get the reply.

On the other hand, I tried to check-out Aegean fare rules and managed to find out that both P(international) and Q(domestic) was categorized as 'Flex class', but couldn't find out more about baggage allowance.

While pulling out my itenary on aegean website, I couldn't see anything about my baggage allowance, just an option of 'add extra baggage' was seen on my itenary...any idea?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Polo1980
I am flying next month from AMS to GIG via Houston (RT). Calculated to be 20k miles total in V fare class on United Airlines.

Will that be A3 Gold, or will first be A3 Blue and some time later become gold?

Thanks
Will go right to gold if that's >20k.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Advice appreciated

After sifting through the numerous FAQ threads, I am hoping I can just get some advice on whether I should enroll my 9 year old in A3 and push him towards Gold. As things have unfolded, he will have 2 trips to the US before summer on SK in U class, which should earn 100% on A3. Just to check my math...

CPH-ARN: 600 flat miles *3 = 1800 miles
CPH-ORD: 4262 miles *3 = 12786 miles
ORD-ARN: 4265 miles *1 = 4265 miles
Enrollment miles: = 1000 miles

That will put him at 19851 miles and just short of gold. As it is no problem to manage the remaining 149 miles at some point, I wanted to ask the following questions:

(1) Are my calculations correct?
(2) Once he gets Gold, is it still valid for 3 years? (I am rather sure that the answer is yet)
(3) Will the miles by orphaned on A3 or is it rather easy to find award space? (4) In this case we usually credit to SK. While *S is useless, we have no problem finding award space (50% discount for kids too) and pay no YQ. Is it worth giving this up to get A3 Gold on the cheap?

My wife will be pissed that he will reach gold before she does, but I will need someone to guest me into the lounge if I lose *G this year
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:29 am

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

If I am 32 miles short, is there any chance A3 will just bump me to gold?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Hi all,

Any idea when Aegean Airlines is expected to post its schedule for winter this year? I'm trying to plan a trip within Greece for November this year, but to date I still don't see any available flights on their web site.

What's the norm?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by orioles123
Give us one good reason why it should!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I agree with KLouis however if you have searched the forum for similar things you would have found "flight" routes that are perfect for this. I leave you to it.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: M&M FTL FB Petroleum / LH Oil & Energy
Is there any other way to have a lot of miles in a short period of time at a reasonable price (less than 400 euros) within Europe apart from the following options:

- a 4 segments RT on OS paying 8000 miles but OS charges €700 for this kind of flights.
- OU has interesting Z / C fares to DBV / ZAD / PUL ex LHR
- Premium eco from LHR to TRD via BGO and SVG
or even a trip to the north pole with SK which is quite generous in this A3 earning chart... LHR to LYR, in premium economy each segment earns 1200 miles the flight costs £650 all for 8 segments both ways ... almost 10000 for 650 and a lifetime trip to the north pole.
- LH train ZWS QKL in business worth €433

Am I missing any of the intra european good deals ? Is there anything more creative?

Please let me know
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:39 am

Give us one good reason why it should!
Wow, this forum has gotten a bit hostile lately.

In the spirit of this thread, and to answer the original question, I can only say that I have not noticed any reports of A3 bumping up people in the past, and given the easy qualification criteria, I would not expect them to do so either. I trust that you did not mean to imply somehow that you think A3 should or must bump you up to gold.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by witlesspax
Wow, this forum has gotten a bit hostile lately.
Mods: please feel free to delete this post.

It's not the forum, it's me, and it's not hostility. Being around the A3 forum for several years I've become like a glass full of water: every time a drop falls in, it overflows. Although certainly off-topic, let me just vent steam out and then, quite probably I'll stop posting for good, as was recently the case with another FTer who let me know by PM that (s)he would no longer visit the A3 forum (one of those to whom we, collectively, owe a lot).

Clearly I do not intend to digress on questions such as freedom of expression etc. I "come" to FT, and specifically the A3 forum, to gather information from people who know much more than I do, and also to help others with my knowledge. But what am I to learn since about 90% of the posts deal with matters such as:

- How do I become *G without flying? (do some searching and you'll find several of those)
- What will happen to my *G status if Greece defaults? (thankfully there are fewer of those lately)
- How can I profit from my A3 status without crediting to their program (all possible permutations: changing the *G number before/during/after OLCI, before/during/after entering the lounge, before/during/after boarding, etc.)
- Why haven't my miles credited 4 hours after flying and what can I do, since I have to get into a lounge in 30 minutes?
- Amazingly enough, the absolute majority of posters with a question that could be best solved by A3 have never heard of a device called telephone!
- And many, many more...

Needless to repeat that the question that triggered my last "hostile" answer concerned the possibility of becoming *G with fewer miles than those indicated in the T&C of the M&B program. Yes, I know the right to post is sacrosanct, but I think that such is the right to express one's opinion.

Having written all of that, let me say goodbye to all. If I see that I can give real, practical advice to somebody in the future, I'll PM him/her.

Best wishes,
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL

Having written all of that, let me say goodbye to all. If I see that I can give real, practical advice to somebody in the future, I'll PM him/her.

Best wishes,
Good bye and thanks for all the fish!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: AE, SPG, HH
United has an economy (A) class. This class isn't listed on Aegan's chart. Will it default to no miles earned or am i missing something?

Thx
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by helraiser
United has an economy (A) class. This class isn't listed on Aegan's chart. Will it default to no miles earned or am i missing something?

Thx
I know UA has shuffled their fare buckets in the past year or two, but isn't A still a first-class fare, just below a full F? Unless something has changed, this would post to A3 at 300%

That said, when I've searched for A's on United, the site has returned Q-UP and similar fares. Other posters have indicated that they still sell real A's...probably just not the markets I fly.

The two "problem buckets" I'm aware of with United are P and N.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.