Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:13 pm

Well, I was tweaking my second post that sliiide responded to, and it disappeared completely. So I'm glad you saw it. I haven't flown United's contract carriers, but I bet they have United logos all over them.
Thanks Again.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by HoosierJohn
-Sounds like I should avoid codeshares due to the unknown booking class translation.
-Should I avoid partners such as United Express too (eliminating Richmond & Newark)?
For the codeshares, remember that the operating carrier and class matter in Star Alliance. So flying a UA flight that is a codeshare on Silver Airways is going to be a problem.

As for UX partners, flights on them usually accrue on A3, although people have had some ineligible flights operated mostly by Skywest in the past. A year ago, PVDtoDEL posted a list of UA flight numbers eligible for accrual/status; it's probably still pretty accurate.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:12 pm

Hey everyone. I'm under 500 miles short of *G and have until the end of october to get those miles. Any thoughts here or via PM as to the cheapest way to get those last 500 miles? I assume it is a united K segment, and I can fly out of any of BOS DC PHL or any of the NYC airports to get it done .
Cheapest I've found so far is about $100 for NYC to BOS.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by PRoth59
Hey everyone. I'm under 500 miles short of *G and have until the end of october to get those miles. Any thoughts here or via PM as to the cheapest way to get those last 500 miles? I assume it is a united K segment, and I can fly out of any of BOS DC PHL or any of the NYC airports to get it done .
Cheapest I've found so far is about $100 for NYC to BOS.
I hope you dont expect to find anything significantly cheaper then that ...
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
If I fly an SA flight number operated by JE (Mango, its low-fare subsidiary), will I earn anything in M&B? (Leaving aside questions of earning/non-earning booking classes, of course.)

Sorry if this is a straightforward question within the *A structure, but I know very little either about *A or M&B, having so far had straightforward earning opportunities on LX codes operated by LX.

Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:01 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If I fly an SA flight number operated by JE (Mango, its low-fare subsidiary), will I earn anything in M&B? (Leaving aside questions of earning/non-earning booking classes, of course.)

Sorry if this is a straightforward question within the *A structure, but I know very little either about *A or M&B, having so far had straightforward earning opportunities on LX codes operated by LX.

Thanks!
No, nothing unfortunately - JE is not a *A member, or a M&B partner. You also won't get any *A status privileges.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
No, nothing unfortunately - JE is not a *A member, or a M&B partner.
Thanks! I feared that this is where that logic would end up.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Newbie Q - The program rules say I need to accumulate 16K after hitting the Blue 4K to earn Gold status. I hit Blue with a 4K mile flight a Turkish, putting me at 6K total. So do I really need 16K more, wasting the extra 2K? Or do I actually need to get to 20K total, so 10K more?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by CPRich
Newbie Q - The program rules say I need to accumulate 16K after hitting the Blue 4K to earn Gold status. I hit Blue with a 4K mile flight a Turkish, putting me at 6K total. So do I really need 16K more, wasting the extra 2K? Or do I actually need to get to 20K total, so 10K more?
You need 16 after blue. So if you have 2 you now need 14 more.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:55 pm

And you have one year from reaching blue to do it in. Nearly tripped me up as i thought i had two years from signup.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Houminer
You need 16 after blue. So if you have 2 you now need 14 more.
Thanks. That seems like the obvious answer/consistent with other programs. But the specific wording (maybe an English translation issue), made it seem that you needed the full 16K additional miles, after the flight that got you over 4K, regardless of how far over 4K you were with that flight.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
No way you can reserve a seat with Aegean, neither online nor by calling them, neither in J nor in C. On the other hand, you can check-in online 48 hours before the flight departs, and my experience so far (~400 flights) is that even at -40 hours 99% of the seats are still "free". Of course, Murphy's law can apply!
Hi all - is the above still the case? Not a huge deal, but it would be nice not to have a random seat on a Greece-Germany flight...
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
Hi all - is the above still the case? Not a huge deal, but it would be nice not to have a random seat on a Greece-Germany flight...
Officially nothing has changed. But there was a report a few months ago by an FTer who called them and supposedly got specific seats reserved for a party of more than 4-5 pax.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:35 am

Newbie question: Can I still earn Aegean miles with US flights?

Aegean website still shows that all economy class US flights earn 100% miles, but Aegean is no longer on US's list of "other partners"...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by chataulait
Can I still earn Aegean miles with US flights?
Yes you can, but award miles only. These miles do not count as status/tier miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.