Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Miles&More, SPG, PriorityPass
I'm browsing through posts and Aegean's T&C, but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I'm new to this, so hoping someone could know some answers.

1) Are points awarded after the flight date or after the e-ticket has been paid? I'm talking about the other Star Alliance flights that are credited to Miles&Bonus.

2) Does return ticket counts as two flights when applying via 'Claim air miles', since there's only one ticket number but two flight numbers. And what if you flew, for instance, Economy Y in one direction and some non-eligible class in other - what then.

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
1. The points are awarded only after you fly. so, if you pay but don't fly you get no points.
2. each segment is credited seprately.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: A3*G
>1) Are points awarded after the flight date or after the e-ticket has been paid?

After the flight that you flew and got boarding pass.

>2) Does return ticket counts as two flights when applying via 'Claim air miles' ?

Yes.

>3)And what if you flew, for instance, Economy Y in one direction and some non-eligible class in other - what then.

You earn miles thanks to eligible booking class only.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
If I book through A3's Booking.com link I will get the award miles accrual plus if i book an affiliated hotel with SQ (i.e., Hilton group and Accor) I can also get kris flyer miles on top of a3 miles from booking?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:38 pm

I'm sure you got miles from Booking.com credited to Aegean account, but I don't know about double dipping in KrisFlyer. Probably you don't get KF award miles, for sure ask experts on SQ forum ;-)

Miles from credit card+miles from booking.com+miles from hotel loyalty program - live would be beautiful, really dolce vita ;-)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by szczurwa
I'm sure you got miles from Booking.com credited to Aegean account, but I don't know about double dipping in KrisFlyer. Probably you don't get KF award miles, for sure ask experts on SQ forum ;-)

Miles from credit card+miles from booking.com+miles from hotel loyalty program - live would be beautiful, really dolce vita ;-)
haha you're right. i get all my loyalty programs happy

booking.com = aegean miles
credit card = qantas ff
hotel rewards = krisflyer
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by scrappydog
i get all my loyalty programs happyr
You mean you got A3 miles from booking.com and KF miles from hotel programs ? Great ! Circa year ago I heard that hotel companies don't want to give miles if rooms reserved via commercial browsers like Priceline etc.

Accor Hotels give miles for KF ? From Ibis Budget too ?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by szczurwa
You mean you got A3 miles from booking.com and KF miles from hotel programs ? Great ! Circa year ago I heard that hotel companies don't want to give miles if rooms reserved via commercial browsers like Priceline etc.

Accor Hotels give miles for KF ? From Ibis Budget too ?
Really? Maybe it is still the same as it is a year ago. I wanted to know if it is still the case? I haven't booked anything yet. If that is the case then I would opt for directly booking at the hotel's website…

But i thought you can just present your rewards membership when you check-in?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:24 am

... If that is the case then I would opt for directly booking at the hotel's website…

But i thought you can just present your rewards membership when you check-in?
M&B has an agreement with Booking.com and not with any hotel company outside of Greece (n.b. they do have agreements with several Greek hotels, though). Thus, no miles if not booked through the A3 site!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
If I book through A3's Booking.com link I will get the award miles accrual plus if i book an affiliated hotel with SQ (i.e., Hilton group and Accor) I can also get kris flyer miles on top of a3 miles from booking?
Cross postings are not allowed on FT!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1599499-triple-dipping-possible.html#post23298272
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga

Noted. My apologies.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Redemption

Hi

Quick question - can I book a Star redemption (using my A3 miles) on an EI flight with a UA code?

I'm guessing the answer will be no...
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by mrdisco
Hi

Quick question - can I book a Star redemption (using my A3 miles) on an EI flight with a UA code?

I'm guessing the answer will be no...
No awards allowed on codeshare flights and EI is no A3 partner. No.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:15 am

ME Airlines

Are you able to earn miles from an Etihad flight on A3 FFP? They seem to have a code share agreement, but I don't understand how it works exactly. It would be for an IAD-BKK flight.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by TandroyFoty
Are you able to earn miles from an Etihad flight on A3 FFP? They seem to have a code share agreement, but I don't understand how it works exactly.
No. You will only get miles if ticket ATH-AUH-ATH is issued with A3 flight number. No redemption of miles on codeshare flights, nor EY!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.