Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by nanini
Hi guys.
I registered on Miles and Bonus after travelling with Aegean and learning about their program. However, that trip was already claimed to another Star Alliance programme (Miles and More). I'm not sure I'll travel with them anytime soon , which means I'm a member with no A# flight on my list. But I do use Star Alliance a lot. Can I still be a member and gain benefits?

Thanks!
If you have no miles in the M&B account you are a basic member - no benefits at that level.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, AB G, LA Plat, AY Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Expl, BestW Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, ClubC Gold
Originally Posted by nanini
Hi guys.
I registered on Miles and Bonus after travelling with Aegean and learning about their program. However, that trip was already claimed to another Star Alliance programme (Miles and More). I'm not sure I'll travel with them anytime soon , which means I'm a member with no A# flight on my list. But I do use Star Alliance a lot. Can I still be a member and gain benefits?

Thanks!
I think what you mean is "Can I earn Aegean Gold status without actually flying on Aegean?" Yes, you can.
Old May 25, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH, TP
Thanks! And yes, I'm not expecting any other benefits at this time.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:24 am

deleted

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 4, 2014 at 9:25 pm
Old May 30, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: OZ, UA, AA
Is there any cheapest way to get A3 *G from BRU? + some more general questions.

Question 1.
I'm hoping i can get A3 *G around the total budget of 1,000 EUR.
Base airport is BRU from 25 AUG 2014
Is there any Cheapest way to get the goal?
I've already read the thread 'A3*G Challenge: who have the most creative routing to achieve *G in shortest time?', but i couldn't find a lot of options from BRU.

Question 2.
I've been checking all the rules on the homepage and
I was also searching for some routes with LH, LX etc...

Although i was not sure i can count fleets from those airlines listed on the Aegean web page but operated by similar or other low cost airlines(which are not listed on the webpage).
for example,
ex1) Brussels airlines(SN) flight operated by 'flybe'
ex2) Swiss airline(LX) flight operated by 'Swiss european'
ex3) Lufthansa(LH) flight operated by 'Lufthansa Cityline'

Question 3.
If i have a flight change in a route(One way) then does it counts as two?
for example, with Lufthansa, BRU-PRG but change plane in MUC? (so, actually BRU-MUC-PRG)

Thank you

Last edited by kmg125; May 30, 2014 at 8:29 pm
Old May 30, 2014, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by kmg125
Question 3.
If i have a flight change in a route(One way) then does is counts as two?
for example, with Lufthansa, BRU-PRG but change plane in MUC? (so, actually BRU-MUC-PRG)

Thank you
With M&B, miles are calculated according to the route shown on a BP. If MUC is not mentioned then they'll take it as being a direct flight between BRU and PRG.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: OZ, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sliiide
With M&B, miles are calculated according to the route shown on a BP. If MUC is not mentioned then they'll take it as being a direct flight between BRU and PRG.
Is 'BP' meaning Boarding pass?
Old May 30, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by sliiide
I think lufthansa is well past the need of a technical stop in MUC just to get to PRG. 2 separate flights will certainly be taken, with 2 bps
Old May 30, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by kmg125
Is 'BP' meaning Boarding pass?
Yes

Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
I think lufthansa is well past the need of a technical stop in MUC just to get to PRG. 2 separate flights will certainly be taken, with 2 bps
Yeah as long as the BPs specify the stops; they will be acknowledged by M&B.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A friendly reminder: FlyerTalk doesn't allow cross-posting.

/Moderator
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:31 pm

Retro claim

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to Miles and Bonus. I've been following on a number of threads and I am a bit confused about codeshare and retroclaiming on the Aegean website.

I booked a return flight where the outbound was marketed as Brussels Airlines and the return was marketed as Lufthansa.

I flew on 20th April from MAN-BRU-VIE. with e ticket starting 082 xxxxxxxxxx marketed as Brussels Airlines.

The segment BRU-VIE was operated by Tyrolean which appears to be Austrian airlines.

Question: when I retroclaimed should I have put in Brussels Airlines with the SN flight number or should I have put in Austrian airlines with the OS flight number? I put in Brussels with the SN flight number in retroclaim after 14 days and nothing has shown up yet. Class of ticket was M.

The boarding card has both flight numbers.

Similarly on the return journey 22nd Apr VIE-MUC-MAN, this was marketed as Lufthansa. VIE to MUC was flown by Tylorean but also had OS and LH flight numbers. I used Lufthansa and LH flight number rather than OS flight number to retroclaim and nothing has shown up (same e-ticket number as outbound).

The flights that were actually flown by Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa have credited automatically within 2 days but the Austrian Airlines/Tylorean have not and I retroclaimed and I am still waiting.

Did I use the right Airlines and flight number or did it not matter since both flight numbers are on the boarding card?

Should I resubmit the 2 retroclaims?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:39 pm

Resubmit it. Go with the info of the airline of the plane you flew in.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:13 am

Best way to Earn Status on Aegean between Northern VA and Tampa/Orlando?

What’s a good strategy to earn status miles on A3 flying UA from the northern Virginia area (DCA, IAD, RIC, BWI, in order of preference) to central Florida (TPA or MCO)?

Background:
-Trying to get 10,193 points before October, but don’t have many opportunities other than Sat-Mon weekends.
-Considering July 2nd – July 8th (dates flexible, though), with possible short weekend trip(s).
-Don’t want to fly outside of the US (eliminating Air Canada, and most of the MR tips).
-Sounds like I should avoid codeshares due to the unknown booking class translation.
-Should I avoid partners such as United Express too (eliminating Richmond & Newark)?
-Connections at O’Hare (3200 mi, RT) or Houston (3950 mi, RT) add mileage over direct (1600 mi, RT).
-Is flying First Class a good idea (avoiding “P” booking class)?
-I have played with ITA, KAYAK, & FareCompare Getaway based on what I learned here on FT, and willing to check out any others.

Thank you and looking forward to any tips or advice you may offer.

Last edited by HoosierJohn; Jun 8, 2014 at 1:03 am
Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by HoosierJohn
-Sounds like I should avoid codeshares due to the unknown booking class translation.
-Should I avoid partners such as United Express too (eliminating Richmond & Newark)?
this is very simple. If the plane you are flying in has a name from the list here (except for "TAM" as they've left the *A) - http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...ion/earn-miles - on the outside, you will get miles. For US Airways you'll only get award-miles.
United Express will be ok if it is a part of the "United" company.

"Codeshares" are entirely different. Aegean has a codeshare agreement with Etihad - all it means is that if you want to fly from Athens to Melbourne, Aegean's website has permission to book you onto an Etihad flight that will take you to Melbourne after your arrival in Abu Dhabi with Aegean. This facility and more comprises the relationship between airlines in the star alliance.

Last edited by sliiide; Jun 8, 2014 at 5:35 am
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:26 pm

Yes those are the only booking codes around. Whether they are eligible is what you must confirm. I think they are but it's worth calling aegean up and asking. Do those planes have the United logo on them? If they do, I'd be 95% sure that those planes will count as UA ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.