Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
In theory yes, in practice no.

The process of fixing it would be in the line of persuading TG of uncrediting your miles from that account and somehow make the miles claimable again in the star network. Then make A3 claim the miles, or in good faith credit your account.

A few posters have claimed to be successful, so look through the A3 forum to find more information. More posters have been unsuccessful, and even reporting of losing the miles altogether, and my advice would be to let go of these miles and add a new flight to A3 at a later time.

I'd personally never juggle with 2 different FF-programs on one ticket if it was important where the miles ended up, as the risks of mishaps are far to great.
So I tried contacting TG via email and I got a confirmation that they had received my email and would respond to it shortly, it's been a week and still nothing.

They did however, un-credit my miles from the TG programme and I sent them another email when they did, but they haven't responded.

Any idea what's going on?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
From what you have written it seems TG has un-credited your miles, which I assume was what you asked them for. Purely guessing, I'd say your miles are now either claimable by A3 or gone for ever.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:18 am

From what you have written it seems TG has un-credited your miles, which I assume was what you asked them for. Purely guessing, I'd say your miles are now either claimable by A3 or gone for ever.
Hmm... I was hoping not to hear that. I haven't heard from TG at all since I sent them the first email asking for them to transfer miles to A3. They haven't confirmed anything about uncrediting nor said that they would take that action.

Do you think I should retroclaim via A3 or wait it out abit longer.
FYI request was sent monday, miles uncredited about wednesday
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
They will never transfer them for you per say. If anything, they will uncredit them from their program as I said and after that it is up to you and A3.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:19 am

They will never transfer them for you per say. If anything, they will uncredit them from their program as I said and after that it is up to you and A3.
My flight has definitely been un credited from TG. Does this mean that they should be claimable again on the star alliance network? Meaning I can just do a retroclaim via A3 and that's it. Orr?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by wozup12
My flight has definitely been un credited from TG. Does this mean that they should be claimable again on the star alliance network? Meaning I can just do a retroclaim via A3 and that's it. Orr?
yes, try it, and if you are lucky the miles will appear. (or not)
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Requalification

Guys,

I’m wondering how re-qualification works??

I was lucky to get a status match form my BD Gold Status, my status is valid until DEC 15, however I will be flying more than the requested 20K miles this year.
I’m I too early to re-qualify, if not until when will the status be extended one more year? DEC 16? Shall I better only credit the miles to M&B for flights taken in 2015?

Thanks for your advices.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by whlinder
A somewhat general question: Is A3 the best Star Alliance program for someone who typically flies on discounted business class fares?

I generally have 2-4 transatlantic trips a year. Company policy is to purchase business class but it must be cheapest available, so loyalty is a bit tough and earning anything beyond the lowest level of status requires some work (which is why I have A3 Gold). Out of IAD though it is usually possible to find the cheapest available on a Star carrier.

A3 gives 200% mileage credit to UA, M&M airlines and SK for Z class fares, but usually 0% for P (or equivalent). UA and M&M give less credit to Z fares (100%-150%), though will give some to P. Z fares are typically what comes up cheapest as I don't buy tickets far enough in advance to get stuck on a P fare.

Lower level status on UA or LH doesn't seem to have much value, (especially with *A Gold already in my pocket) and I don't see reaching an elite status where bonus miles would push my total mileage earned above what A3 gives out for Z fares in the first place.

Any other A3-ers in the same predicament or have done the calculations?
And barely a month later LH and other LH-group airlines have different earning rates for Z. 150% for A3 vs. 150% for crediting UA. This flips the calculation for me over to UA winning out.

Man, keeping up with the earning tables for A3 is a chore
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:23 pm

when claiming retro credit on Aegean, is surname considered last/family name or first?
thanks
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, AB G, LA Plat, AY Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Expl, BestW Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, ClubC Gold
Surname is the last/family name
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by kanor
yes, try it, and if you are lucky the miles will appear. (or not)
Hi guys,

Just an update on my situation. As well as doing a retro claim I sent an email to miles and bonus email account telling them of the situation. It's been almost 2 weeks since I sent the email and I am still yet to get a response.

I did hear back from TG this week informing that the flight has been cancelled from my account and that I should contact A3 to credit the miles to that account.

So I decided to call the service centre today and they told me that my retro claim had been denied due to TG informing that they were already credited to my TG account, even though I did the retro claim after they said my miles had been cancelled from that account.

I explained this to the staff at the Aegean call centre and one of the staff there said that they would try to find my original email and call me back, but they never did. So I called again today and got onto a quite snarly lady saying that it was impossible to credit the miles to A3 because they have been credited to TG already. I then told them that TG had admitted to making a mistake in crediting miles as my BP clearly showed A3* and they had thus cancelled the miles from my account.

She then told me to send an email to [redacted]@aegeanairlines.com with my boarding pass and a contact email and she would get back to when she received my email.

Still nothing yet.

Do you guys think my miles are gone forever now..? :-( or do you think the lady I spoke to wasn't sure what I was trying to accomplish? What's the next best thing to do?

Last edited by oliver2002; Jan 22, 2014 at 8:31 am Reason: redacted email ID
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by wozup12
What's the next best thing to do?
Seams like the miles are gone.
I guess if you move all rocks you can proove to TG that they indeed should pay A3 for crediting your miles. Or maybe you are just that <1% percent when the IT failed and they dont want to correct it by hand, and anyway you had a strange request (from their point of view) in the first place.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

By what you tell us, it seems you filed a retro claim before getting confirmation from TG.
If so, it is only natural A3 got the message "already credited" and to their agent it looks like a wrongful claim. If this indeed is the course of action so far, I'd suggest that you contact A3 again, explaining that you might have asked for retro credit a bit to quick, you now have written confirmation from TG about the removal of miles and kindly ask them to try again.

OTOH, If you indeed did not retro claim until TG confirmed, then it seems TG has uncredited your TG account but not "released the miles" to *-net, ie never made the miles visible/claimable to any other program. Then A3 will just get the same message over and over again, and naturally isn't very keen on trying to claim the miles again for you.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:44 pm

By what you tell us, it seems you filed a retro claim before getting confirmation from TG.
If so, it is only natural A3 got the message "already credited" and to their agent it looks like a wrongful claim. If this indeed is the course of action so far, I'd suggest that you contact A3 again, explaining that you might have asked for retro credit a bit to quick, you now have written confirmation from TG about the removal of miles and kindly ask them to try again.

OTOH, If you indeed did not retro claim until TG confirmed, then it seems TG has uncredited your TG account but not "released the miles" to *-net, ie never made the miles visible/claimable to any other program. Then A3 will just get the same message over and over again, and naturally isn't very keen on trying to claim the miles again for you.
So timeline goes:

28 Dec: took flight

02 Jan: Flight credited to TG

03 Jan: Sent Email to TG regarding incorrect miles being posted into account

07 Jan: Miles removed from account

12 Jan: Retroclaim made to A3 via online form

~15 Jan: Retroclaim request denied by TG according to A3

22 Jan: Got this email from TG miles service

"The miles in your question have not been credited to your Royal Orchid Plus account.
Please contact A3 directly for mileage claim as we could not process mileage credit to your A3 account."

Does this mean I should redo the retro claim via A3 as TG may have uncredited my miles on the 7th but not re released my miles again on the *A network until recently?

Or as I have read, do A3 have to send in a manual request to TG initiated by me therefore starting a long process that involves a back and fourth of TG confirming to A3 that I was indeed on the flight and miles were credited but now deleted from my account?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:52 am

Think I have the gist of the program down, but wanted to confirm as my fiancee and I have an upcoming international trip planned.

LAX-NRT -> 5,440 miles
ICN-SFO -> 5,620 miles

We will be flying on Singapore Airlines in business (D) class. Are my calculations correct?

5440 * 125% = 6,800
5620 * 125% = 7,025

1,000 signup + 6,800 + 7,025 = 14,825 in total miles

Am I calculating this correctly?

We will also need a short flight from Tokyo to Seoul. It seems like Asiana offers non-stop service between the two cities at reasonable rates, which should add another 1,000 or so miles. Are there any other alternatives and/or routes which offers higher mileage rates?

And most importantly, I would need another ~4200 or so miles in order to qualify for Gold Status within the first 12 months correct?

FYI: my fiancee and I typically travel on one international trip per year, and are mostly domestic flyers. Most of our flights are within Oneworld, but I figured I'd shoot for Star Alliance Gold since we have the this trip upcoming. With this info in mind, is there other more valuable uses for these upcoming miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.