Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by bensim
Just to be sure, does the 1000 or 2000 sign up bonus count towards the requirement for gold status? Thanks and cheers.
Yup. But its also in the faq.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 4:33 pm

Just to be sure, does the 1000 or 2000 sign up bonus count towards the requirement for gold status? Thanks and cheers.
Yes
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
For 2014 summer, I want to credit my flights to M&B for *G, but for the 2013 summer, my final flights were on the 15 of Aug. meaning they expire on the 15 of Aug. If I fly on the 14th, and complete the flights by the 15th, will I still get my *G? If they don't credit before the tier miles expires (which is probably the case), do I jsut email them the situation and they will give my the Gold Card?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
For 2014 summer, I want to credit my flights to M&B for *G, but for the 2013 summer, my final flights were on the 15 of Aug. meaning they expire on the 15 of Aug. If I fly on the 14th, and complete the flights by the 15th, will I still get my *G? If they don't credit before the tier miles expires (which is probably the case), do I jsut email them the situation and they will give my the Gold Card?
I don't believe so. Most times (at least relating from other programs) mention that they need to be credited by then. Of course YMMV, but I'm pretty sure it needs to be credited before the expiration.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
If you fly on the 14th, you will need to call them up and get them to manually sort it out.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
KK Thanks for the info
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: UA, AF, IB, AA
Hey there,
will a flight SAS labeled but BT operated be credited to A3? thanks and sorry if this is posted somewhere else!
Cheers!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by huguis1
Hey there,
will a flight SAS labeled but BT operated be credited to A3? thanks and sorry if this is posted somewhere else!
Cheers!
Most certainly not.
If it has both a BT and SK flight numbers then definitely not.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:08 am

Morning all

Sorry for being dense, and apologies if it has already been covered (honestly - I have been through the forums for a long while looking...), but I cannot see how to book star alliance flights through the aegean website, or otherwise use my aegean number to book flights on other carriers.

Specifically, I am looking at a LHR - LAX round trip on Air New Zealand, at the moment.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Josh Davis
Morning all

Sorry for being dense, and apologies if it has already been covered (honestly - I have been through the forums for a long while looking...), but I cannot see how to book star alliance flights through the aegean website, or otherwise use my aegean number to book flights on other carriers.

Specifically, I am looking at a LHR - LAX round trip on Air New Zealand, at the moment.

Thanks in advance
you cant avoid calling them for that, use skype if calling would be too expensive for you.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:55 am

I am flying Lufthansa next week and my fare class earns 0% on Aegean. I am currently *S with Aegean. Will it benefit me at all to use my Aegean number and then retro-credit the miles to United (is that allowed if the miles don't post?) or there is no real benefit being *S flying Lufthansa and should I just put my United # in?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by orioles123
I am flying Lufthansa next week and my fare class earns 0% on Aegean. I am currently *S with Aegean. Will it benefit me at all to use my Aegean number and then retro-credit the miles to United (is that allowed if the miles don't post?) or there is no real benefit being *S flying Lufthansa and should I just put my United # in?
the only benefit is priority rebooking if .... happens, so probably the MP is better
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
I'm on an Aegean flight soon and when I bought the ticket it was semi-flex. I'm trying to figure out the baggage policy for a long international flight. Now on Aegean's web site there is not Semi-flex, but go light, Flex, or business. Is the first bag free for Semi-flex?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
A quick question. I have gold status with Miles and Bonus. I recently redeemed a domestic flight on US Airways using my US Dividend Miles. At the airport, I wanted to check in one bag, but was told I had to pay because I was holding an award ticket. Is this correct? Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
A quick question. I have gold status with Miles and Bonus. I recently redeemed a domestic flight on US Airways using my US Dividend Miles. At the airport, I wanted to check in one bag, but was told I had to pay because I was holding an award ticket. Is this correct? Thanks.
By policy, it is correct. If you had amended your FFN on the US Airways website to the A3 one, it would have worked fine. Unfortunately, US will not refund your money because that's a website bug rather than a reflection of policy.

FFNs in the FQTR field are meant to be sticky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.