Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Everything you've said holds true, although I'd also look into TK, who have a similarly low *G threshold. If you can make it, I'd go for them, because they're a much larger airline and less prone to witchhunts by other *A heavyweights who seem to dislike the number of A3 *G in their lounges. But you should be just fine with A3 as well for the time being.
I actually have looked at TK and was intrigued by their program. It doesn't hurt that they actually fly to my airport and usually have decent fares. I've thought about trying to do the TK status match just to diversify in the event A3 changes their earning criteria. And maybe, just maybe, could manage to get to TK Elite Plus if I booked multiple trips on TK metal. But otherwise it seems like collecting 200% on A3 beats collecting 150% on TK.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gojko88
Because SQ has to pay for miles that go to A3, and they are notoriously tight-fisted when it comes to *A partner benefits, be it award inventory, mileage credit, lounge access or anything else.
Maybe so, but at least TAP, SAS, and LH give 200%. Of course they don't give *G at 20K
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:19 am

Hi
I am traveling to the US in mar-apr (DEL-JFK round trip). I was wondering if i can get *G with this trip. I would also travel to ORD-LAX-SFO. The avg. price on ITA is around $1100 economy but after checking the required booking class to get 100% miles on Aegean website the price increases by 80%.
My question is, is it worth spending so much or maybe i am all wrong on checking the fares (Airlines that I checked were LH, UA and US.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by jindalankit
My question is, is it worth spending so much ...
no
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by jindalankit
Hi
I am traveling to the US in mar-apr (DEL-JFK round trip). I was wondering if i can get *G with this trip. I would also travel to ORD-LAX-SFO. The avg. price on ITA is around $1100 economy but after checking the required booking class to get 100% miles on Aegean website the price increases by 80%.
My question is, is it worth spending so much or maybe i am all wrong on checking the fares (Airlines that I checked were LH, UA and US.
Welcome to the A3 forum, jindalankit!

Since US is joining oneworld as per 31 march, you must be careful what airlines you fly if you want to credit to any star alliance programme.

As for if it is worth it, no one really can answer that except yourself.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by intuition

Welcome to the A3 forum, jindalankit!

Since US is joining oneworld as per 31 march, you must be careful what airlines you fly if you want to credit to any star alliance programme.

As for if it is worth it, no one really can answer that except yourself.
Thanks for the reply .. If possible could you please look for a fare just to make sure I am not making any mistakes.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:02 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, this is the hard work you need to do yourself. Asking people to do the work for you will not get you far.

If I do a quick sample search, I get about the same results as you: DEL-JFK via MUC on LH in march seems to be around 117 000 IDR for a Q class economy fare, earning around 15400 miles to M&B.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 8:00 pm

I was asking for sample search only. Just to make sure I was correct, as I am new to ita. Thanks for checking.

Well, this is the hard work you need to do yourself. Asking people to do the work for you will not get you far.

If I do a quick sample search, I get about the same results as you: DEL-JFK via MUC on LH in march seems to be around 117 000 IDR for a Q class economy fare, earning around 15400 miles to M&B.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:52 am

Aaah .. hard work finally paid off. found a S fare on swiss for $1380 :-)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

It usually does.

On LX you might even be able to do an extra hop (DEL-ZRH-GVA-JFK) to get one leg more and 500 miles extra.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:25 am

It usually does.

On LX you might even be able to do an extra hop (DEL-ZRH-GVA-JFK) to get one leg more and 500 miles extra.
cool .. thanks for the tip. This is off the topic but can we search stopovers in ITA
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Yes, just put the wanted airports in the advance routing codes field.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: A3 *S
Does Aegean has any issue with duplicate accounts registered to the same residence?

I create m&b account for one family member with the wrong surname. Found out i couldn't change it inside the account. Rather than having the trouble of contacting Aegean to change the surname i simply created another account with the right surname. Every info and email registered was same(except surname) and registration was OK.

Im just worried they might detect the two account and delete both for being duplicates.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 1:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by eldridchapman
Does Aegean has any issue with duplicate accounts registered to the same residence?

I create m&b account for one family member with the wrong surname. Found out i couldn't change it inside the account. Rather than having the trouble of contacting Aegean to change the surname i simply created another account with the right surname. Every info and email registered was same(except surname) and registration was OK.

Im just worried they might detect the two account and delete both for being duplicates.
Check the T&C. It has a section about duplicate accounts. IIRC it says duplicate accounts is not allowed but they will only delete one of them. If miles are accumulated in both, the member can request miles to be saved, I think.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:06 am

Can I just change the date and flight time for 40€ (SKG-MUC) or is it possible to change the destination SKG-FRA too?

Thanks for help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.