Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fedechat
9,000xpf? that's 90 u$s for one way boat ride!!! even PPT-IC Thalasso is cheaper (60 u$s o/w).

How was the weather? I keep seeing 60~80% chance of rain at this moment, I will arrive the first week of January.

Thank you.
We were there last week. There were 2 days of mostly overcast and rain, otherwise passing showers in the night or a thunderstorm passing in the day -- hot hot hot and sunny the rest of the time. We found the rain/overcast to be a nice change, personally

Originally Posted by the hotel bar
I apologize in adavance as I'm sure this information is somewhere in the thread, but I haven't found it in about 30 pages of perusal - but does anyone have the email of the person i should contact to request a specific room?

Also, does the minibar in the room get cold enough to use as a de-facto fridge? Planning on bringing as much food as possible with me and will need a fridge/freezer to store it.

Thanks for the help
[email protected]

They respond to emails.

The minibar is stocked and will be checked if you break the seal. It's cold. It's also small, FYI. If you are going to want the entire space you should ask them to clear it for you ahead of time to avoid any hassle. Not sure they'll do that, but you can try.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
The minibar is stocked and will be checked if you break the seal. It's cold. It's also small, FYI. If you are going to want the entire space you should ask them to clear it for you ahead of time to avoid any hassle. Not sure they'll do that, but you can try.
Just ask them to clear it.. they do that.. and u basically have a small fridge.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:00 pm

It looks like some random nights in Oct and Nov 2015 have opened up. Also, I will be releasing 2 consecutive nights later today in late October if anyone is interested. PM me and I'll let you know when I let them go...

EDIT: 10/24-26 released...

I'm really in need of 9/30-10/2, if anyone here holds those dates and is thinking of letting them go, please kindly PM me so I can be at the ready.

Last edited by bmrisko; Dec 11, 2014 at 2:04 pm
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: A-Club PLT, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
I just released 7 and 8 Sept 2015, hope some one can use them.

2:10pm : "and they are gone" , your welcome....

I'm in search of early Oct 2015 availability

Last edited by RonaldJ; Dec 11, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
There is any tool/alert to get an email when an award nigh open? or when is the actual release time (like 5am EST for example)?

I'm looking for January 3-5 2015, I'm staying at Thalasso for Jan 1-3, then IC Le Moana 3-5 because Thalasso was not available. I saw they opened a lot of dates on December, it was zero few days ago. I usually check 3 times per day, but it could be great to know the release time.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I have 6 nights booked in May, but I would love to use my free Into The Nights nights I got. If I cancel the bookings I have, do I risk "losing" them, or do they always go back into inventory? The hotel has zero award space in May.

If there's any risk, I won't do it, but using these certificates would be VERY useful!

Thanks.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 am

Lightbulb Call them on the phone

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I have 6 nights booked in May, but I would love to use my free Into The Nights nights I got. If I cancel the bookings I have, do I risk "losing" them, or do they always go back into inventory? The hotel has zero award space in May.

If there's any risk, I won't do it, but using these certificates would be VERY useful!

Thanks.
I wouldn't risk it online. I'd suggest calling the IHG awards telephone number and see if they can convert some of the nights over to your Into the Nights. Ask them if there is a way they can do it without losing your reservations. I also recommend calling weekdays, during the daytime. The most experienced phone reps usually work days.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Chikungunya

Isn't anyone concerned about the growing cases of Chikungunya in French Polynesia although I did not read any report of cases in Bora Bora, yet? Tahiti is by far the most affected island.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/internation...ench-polynesia
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:42 pm

Talking Looking for the tropical disease forum

Originally Posted by UASPG
Isn't anyone concerned about the growing cases of Chikungunya in French Polynesia although I did not read any report of cases in Bora Bora, yet? Tahiti is by far the most affected island.

This forum is about the IC Thalasso Bora Bora resort. Maybe there is a tropical disease forum somewhere else where you can discuss this.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by mercruiser
This forum is about the IC Thalasso Bora Bora resort. Maybe there is a tropical disease forum somewhere else where you can discuss this.
It is not my intention to discuss this further, but I doubt that many that people are planning a stay at the hotel would necessarily go to a forum, that might not even exist, to find out about a situation they might not be aware of.

I am planning to stay at the hotel and wanted to have the opinion of others on a growing concern in those islands.

As it seems that you are rarely posting on FT, I am sure that any information that you would post on your travel experiences would be more appreciated than your attempt to moderate posts of other participants.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Thank you UASPG for the information, I will stay in Tahiti 1 night, I will use a repellent as prevention.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:16 am

Talking

Originally Posted by UASPG

On 12/16/14, We returned to the States after 9 days Bora Bora, and one night in Papeete.

Coincidently, right now I am sitting in the emergency room with my wife, who is tentatively diagnosed with Chikungunya. High fever, rash, and debilitating muscle/joint pain.

Don't mess around, WEAR MOSQUITO REPELLENT. Especially in the mornings! We didn't have much of a problem at the Thalasso(only 2 or 3 bites), but the main islands are pretty well infested. Our last night was at the IC Tahiti(Papeete), and my wife got swarmed while waiting in the lobby.

Last edited by schwaa; Dec 23, 2014 at 9:21 am
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card

UASPG - thanks for mentioning this! I had not focused on this, but am now reconsidering a trip in May that I had not fully booked. I may wait until they have this understood more. I hate mosquito repellant and I know one person who died from West Nile and 2 others that almost died. I have been to the Maldives and really want to go to Bora Bora, but there is no urgency.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, any other status I can get via credit card

schwaa - sorry to hear about your wife and appreciate the post. Hope she recovers soon.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by schwaa
On 12/16/14, We returned to the States after 9 days Bora Bora, and one night in Papeete.

Coincidently, right now I am sitting in the emergency room with my wife, who is tentatively diagnosed with Chikungunya. High fever, rash, and debilitating muscle/joint pain.
I wish your wife a prompt recovery and hope that you will post good news soon.

I am also thinking about the staff at the hotel and want to believe that everyone is fine.

I must state that we never had a mosquito bite during any of our stays at the Thalasso, but I am happy that our stay does not include an overnight in Tahiti. We also never went for a Jeep safari on the inside of the island. The fires, that you see from time to time, are mostly to burn the coconut shells that keep some rain water inside and prevent the reproduction of the mosquitoes in those stagnant waters.

We will still have the early morning arrival in Papeete and late departure, for which I hope that the lounge opens earlier, so we can be behind doors with some protection from the A/C.

No plan to cancel yet, but we are monitoring the situation.

Originally Posted by OceanBreezes
I have been to the Maldives and really want to go to Bora Bora, but there is no urgency.
We have been to the Maldives and Bora Bora several times; you can expect a much better experience at Bora, in the case you decide to go and if they keep the situation under control on the island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.