Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Applied on 10/19, approved on 10/28

did not call in, just waited it out, checking every few days on the automated line. had 2-3 inquiries in the last year, and checked my CR before applying.

they assigned a credit line very comparable to what we have with other large financial providers, almost uncanny how much it matched.

presumably if you have solid credit metrics and income it seems like waiting it out is ok, rather than debating with their credit analysts on the phone.

thanks for others posting their experiences on this threat.
Originally Posted by Soulag
Applied on 10/15, approved today without calling in. Smaller credit line (5k) than any other card, but I already have four personal cards with Chase, so pleased to get it without recon!
This info helps. Thanks. I applied 10/17 and no change on the automated line. I so loathe being grilled by the analyst (even though have a legit biz) that I have not called. I'll wait another week or two. Have about 3 apps over the last year but FICO over 800, so I'm hoping that will tip them over to "approve."

Quick question: for those of you with current Chase business cc's, did your new Ink (or other) show up on your login page or did you have to call to have it added. I'm thinking that since I already have a Chase SW biz, along with 2 personal cards, that maybe it will auto-add if approved.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:00 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Chase Ink Plus - 70,000 offer!

Applied on 10/18 to beat 10/19 deadline. Called in on 10/21 and was approved with no problems. Just said I had to show more than $100 business income or usage to get my credit line increased.

You have to typically call to get a consolidated login. I'm on myisername3 now since they have to open a new business login and link your personal cards to it.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by bigshooter

You have to typically call to get a consolidated login. I'm on myisername3 now since they have to open a new business login and link your personal cards to it.
But is there a need or an advantage to consolidate the login other than convenience?

I asked and they said I could link the same UA MP account to different UR buckets.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I applied on 10/20 (last day to do so w/ a referral link from a friend). This not the 1st time I've applied for a 2nd Ink Plus. Last time was about 6 months ago and after a grilling by an analyst I was declined. It felt like she was out to get me. So this time I decided to wait it out, since when I was originally approved for my 1st Ink Plus I wasn't approved right away but was after about 2 weeks.

I called the status hotline today, entered SSN and was told I was approved. But I wonder if they're talking about the Ink Plus or a previous card I got? I last got a Chase card maybe 8 months ago. They don't mention the date of application or the product applied for when you call the status line.

I really don't want to talk to an analyst again... guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if a card comes in the mail as promised?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by AwardBee
I applied on 10/20 (last day to do so w/ a referral link from a friend). This not the 1st time I've applied for a 2nd Ink Plus. Last time was about 6 months ago and after a grilling by an analyst I was declined. It felt like she was out to get me. So this time I decided to wait it out, since when I was originally approved for my 1st Ink Plus I wasn't approved right away but was after about 2 weeks.

I called the status hotline today, entered SSN and was told I was approved. But I wonder if they're talking about the Ink Plus or a previous card I got? I last got a Chase card maybe 8 months ago. They don't mention the date of application or the product applied for when you call the status line.

I really don't want to talk to an analyst again... guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if a card comes in the mail as promised?
You'd think their system is smart enough to look at the latest application, so I wouldn't worry.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:18 pm

Quick fee related question for all you folks that applied for this latest 70k offer. I applied and got the card right at the beginning of the month. Quickly completed the spend (around 10/12). My statement closed and posted on the 27th as did the 75k pts.

However, the annual fee wasn't on there. In my experience with Chase CCs the fee is pretty much always posted on the first closing statement.

What has been everyone's experience with the annual fee hitting their accounts with this offer?

I am curious because I am thinking of just closing down the account (since I have already transferred out the points) and not having to worry about the fee. If I can be sure that they won't charge me the fee I'd prefer to keep the card obviously, but I am afraid that if I keep it and they charge the fee and I call in to close the account after the fee has hit that they won't refund it and I'll be out $95.

What do you all think, should I just go ahead and close the account now since I already got all the points I was supposed to get and not gamble on them overlooking the fee?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
You knowingly applied for the offer expecting an annual fee. Be aware that Chase is not like Citi. There are entire threads about Chase closing accounts for people who they think are not profitable customers.

Since you were prepared to pay the annual fee when you applied for the card, then pay it. That's my advice.

However, if all you care about is short term gain, and don't care about a long term relationship with Chase, then do what you want.

Originally Posted by adavydov7
Quick fee related question for all you folks that applied for this latest 70k offer. I applied and got the card right at the beginning of the month. Quickly completed the spend (around 10/12). My statement closed and posted on the 27th as did the 75k pts.

However, the annual fee wasn't on there. In my experience with Chase CCs the fee is pretty much always posted on the first closing statement.

What has been everyone's experience with the annual fee hitting their accounts with this offer?

I am curious because I am thinking of just closing down the account (since I have already transferred out the points) and not having to worry about the fee. If I can be sure that they won't charge me the fee I'd prefer to keep the card obviously, but I am afraid that if I keep it and they charge the fee and I call in to close the account after the fee has hit that they won't refund it and I'll be out $95.

What do you all think, should I just go ahead and close the account now since I already got all the points I was supposed to get and not gamble on them overlooking the fee?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:32 pm

jeanie, they already closed my accounts (not for anything similar, but for using their Quickpay in conjunction with AP, essentially). I applied for this card two weeks before I received the letter from their loss prevention department informing me that they'd be closing my accounts. Hence, my haste in completing the spend and transferring out all of the points.

If anything you make a strong case for closing the card and not paying the fee, if only to payback Chase for the inconvenience I've had to go through due to their closing my accounts.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by adavydov7
jeanie, they already closed my accounts (not for anything similar, but for using their Quickpay in conjunction with AP, essentially). I applied for this card two weeks before I received the letter from their loss prevention department informing me that they'd be closing my accounts. Hence, my haste in completing the spend and transferring out all of the points.

If anything you make a strong case for closing the card and not paying the fee, if only to payback Chase for the inconvenience I've had to go through due to their closing my accounts.
It sounds like you slipped through...loss prevention didn't catch that you had a brand new card on the way. Based on the data, it seems inevitable that they close it, UNLESS you've slipped in under the radar. By that, I mean, all your existing accounts were slated to be closed and were, in fact, closed. Yet this one may have been approved and, since it was so new, not been tagged for termination, since it didn't exist at the time of the flagging.
It would be interesting to see if it ever does get closed. Or if they miss it altogether. Then, there would be a back door for someone who is blacklisted to keep an account-- by quickly applying for a new credit card when the axe is in the process of falling. Is it worth $95 bucks to you to find out?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Is it worth $95 bucks to you to find out?
It's probably not worth $95 to me to be honest, but what I think I'll do is keep the account and pay the fee (if and when it does post) and then if they close it down the road I will demand to have my fee reimbursed since I didn't get the benefit of the card's services for the full year, which is what that $95 fee is paying for...we'll see how that goes over

As for slipping under the radar and being able to backdoor into an account while blacklisted as well as other details and peculiarities related to my account closure you can check out the update I just posted to the Chase Account Closure thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ount-s-45.html

(mine is the ominously numbered 666 post in that thread)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: delta
I referred two friends to apply ink plus. both are approved. when shall expect my referral bonus? Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:06 pm

6-8 weeks after their first purchase, according to Chase
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA, AA
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Will this is bizarre - 5 minutes after posting this I got the following email:
Glad it worked out in your favor and happy spending
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Applied 10/17. Got "pending" on automated line until today. Approved. I have 3 personal and 1 biz with Chase (now 2 biz). I do think waiting it out is smart. I suspect many of these pending apps just need a human review and calling in means a closer review. I called in for the previous biz card and got grilled. Maybe I'm wrong but this was far more pleasant.

Also, the new card did, in fact, appear automatically on my online Chase account page. Right next to my other biz card.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Oct 31, 2014 at 1:47 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Just received approval for my second chase ink plus card (well, actually, my third, but I cancelled the first of the three a few months ago) for a different business. Initially, card was declined. First recon call was unsuccessful; second recon call went much better. Received email with last four digits of new account number today. Just waiting for new card to come in the mail. When I spoke with the second recon rep, she verified the 70k offer and that I would be eligible since it was for a different business. Thanks, Chase!^^^

Strangely, and on an unrelated note, I received a targeted offer in the mail for another 70k... but it's for my business that ALREADY has an Ink Plus card. Needless to say, I shredded the offer, but I wonder how their marketing department works if they don't even realize that they already have a credit line out under the same product line to this business... Oh, well. Just thinking out loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.