Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I've been looking for an additional alternative for a points bonus now that I'm thinking of not renewing by AMEX Biz Plat. I already have the Citi Exec for AC access.

The Biz Ink looks good on the surface, but I just went onto their "book travel" client and tested a route that I fly (and have already booked on AA). For FC on AA from DFW to TPA for 2/16 thru 2/20 shows a fare of $1338, which I can use 133,800 points to purchase. The Amex book travel client shows the exact same fare/route/dates/class as $649 (AA $642, AMEX $6.99 fee). AA itself is still $642.20 booking direct. Is this a fluke or is UR something that should be avoided for a weekly commuter on AA?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:35 pm

Where can one find if a purchase they made with the ink plus earned bonus points? With the CSP it's easy to see right in the activity pane. Don't see the same functionality with the ink plus.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Received a targeted invite for 50K Ink Plus. Applied and got denied!

Will call recon and see...
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Originally Posted by Tinker25
Received a targeted invite for 50K Ink Plus. Applied and got denied!

Will call recon and see...
called recon, not sure if they did a 2nd HP. CSR said that you had 3 different apps in the past 3 month, AMex, USBank, Citi. (Those are the same day AOR, Ink was the last). Then she proposed move CL around. With that I saw hope. She came back with Congrats...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:56 pm

I got declined. Called recon and they said the business is "too new" (around for 2 years and turned a profit of $14k last year) and that they can't see prior history on Experian small business credit report.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by onehitrenegade
I got declined. Called recon and they said the business is "too new" (around for 2 years and turned a profit of $14k last year) and that they can't see prior history on Experian small business credit report.
That makes no sense considering a Personal Guarantee is still required.

Call recon again, talk to someone else. My policy is to try at least 4 times before giving up.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
That makes no sense considering a Personal Guarantee is still required.

Call recon again, talk to someone else. My policy is to try at least 4 times before giving up.
Yeah... already wasted the hard pull, might as well HUCA a couple of times.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by onehitrenegade
Yeah... already wasted the hard pull, might as well HUCA a couple of times.
+1

Plus, since a PG is required, business history doesn't mean a thing, really. (I mean, kinda.)
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I missed the min spend date by 2 days. Completely SOL or any forgiveness possible?

For the one time, I slacked off with tracking expenses and dates, it bit me back... HARD.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Call and see what they can do, if anything.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I missed the min spend date by 2 days. Completely SOL or any forgiveness possible?

For the one time, I slacked off with tracking expenses and dates, it bit me back... HARD.
You're SOL, lesson learned I hope.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:51 pm

How do you even lose track spending to meet your minimum spend... Technology makes everything so EASY nowadays.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by winsteven13
How do you even lose track spending to meet your minimum spend... Technology makes everything so EASY nowadays.
It wasn't from lack of technology... I dropped the ball. Only had 2 cards and I played it easy rather than being regular with tracking.

Any chances that Chase may reconsider for being 2 days late? These are geniune expenses not Visa GC purchases.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:22 pm

It wasn't from lack of technology... I dropped the ball. Only had 2 cards and I played it easy rather than being regular with tracking.

Any chances that Chase may reconsider for being 2 days late? These are geniune expenses not Visa GC purchases.
You can call, but I'd venture a guess that you're out of luck. Like I said before, lesson learned.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
You can call, but I'd venture a guess that you're out of luck. Like I said before, lesson learned.
Yeah, I mean, the worst that'll happen if you call will be they don't give it to you, which is where you'll be if you don't call.

In my experience, though, you won't get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.