Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by orca1114
Strangely, and on an unrelated note, I received a targeted offer in the mail for another 70k... but it's for my business that ALREADY has an Ink Plus card. Needless to say, I shredded the offer, but I wonder how their marketing department works if they don't even realize that they already have a credit line out under the same product line to this business... Oh, well. Just thinking out loud.
I just got the same thing - offer for a business that already has the card. Must have been a mailing list mistake.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Interesting data point; approved; declined; approved

I applied for this card on 11/18. Got the 10-30 day wait message. On Monday, 10/20, I called and after 20 questions was approved. Left for vacation on 10/23. Got home 11/1 and in my mail was a rejection letter stating the reasons (too many inquiries, max. amount of credit Chase wants to give me, etc). So I called back to day and asked what was going on. The rep. said my current business card, Chase Ink Bold, which has a $5K credit line, had a $22K "spending limit" and, based on my business income, they were not going to extend me any more credit (business income is ~$8k>10K/yr.). I said I thought my spending limit was only $5K, same as my credit line. He said "no, they're different." I then asked if they could lower my "spending limit" to $5, same as my credit line". He said another dept. might be able to do that. So I asked if he could transfer me to that dept. After a little more "push back" he finally agreed but said I'd also have to close one of my personal cards. I said no problem. He transferred me, and stayed on the line, while the other dept. lowered my "spending limit" to $5K. He then closed my Hyatt card and approved me for the new one. Yeah! I applaud Chase for working with me and not just saying "no".
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I applied and received the automated "Thank you for your application" email on 10/17.

Then I received the "You've been approved! Welcome to Ink Plus" email on 10/31.

Am I still eligible for the 70,000 points offer?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I applied and received the automated "Thank you for your application" email on 10/17.

Then I received the "You've been approved! Welcome to Ink Plus" email on 10/31.

Am I still eligible for the 70,000 points offer?
It is my understanding that the bonus is tied to your app date, not your approval date.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Has anyone gotten 5X points on a cell phone purchase, like the upfront price you pay to sign a new contract?

What about signing up for AT&T but you buy the phone at Target or BestBuy? Is that charged to AT&T or to the store?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
It is my understanding that the bonus is tied to your app date, not your approval date.
Good to know, thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: SPG-Hyatt-IHG-UA-AA-MR-UR
Originally Posted by zoob27
I just got the same thing - offer for a business that already has the card. Must have been a mailing list mistake.
I thought it was strange too - got the same offer letter the other day.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Mail offers don't mean much. Chase has no idea what they are doing at times.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I got the 70k offer as well and am going to put it to use because we don't have this card yet.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:17 pm

Do the 70K points post after you meet the spend or when the statement closes that you meet the spend on ?

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Do the 70K points post after you meet the spend or when the statement closes that you meet the spend on ?

Thanks
Statement closes. Also Chase cuts off the tallying of eligible spend about a week before statement closing date. Given Chase biz cards always take 3 to 4 days for the charge to be posted, you should take that into account also, to make sure your final $$ posted 7 days before the statement closing date. Else you would not see the bonus until NEXT statement closing date. Many people new to Chase cards would freak out when they dont see their bonuses after they meet the spend.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:14 pm

Why does the Ink Plus take forever to post transaction? Quite annoying.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: HH Silver
So, I applied for the INK plus card last week, and got the "thank you for your application" automated message. I was worried that I would be denied, but logging into my chase account, I see it now lists UR rewards, and has a blurb about INK plus. It is also showing a second account number that wasn't there before.

Do you think this pretty much assures I have been approved? If so, how long does it usually take to actually receive the card?

***Update... So I got my approved email today, so this is probably a way to find out earlier if you have been approved.

Last edited by tatterdema; Nov 12, 2014 at 5:08 pm
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:04 am

Chase Ink Initial Spend Bonus

I searched the forum and cannot find how quickly (or slowly) does the Ink plus UR signup bonus post after meeting the required spend.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
End of billing statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.