Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by wonderboy
Just checking, but if we applied last week we don't need to be approved by today, correct? Figured I would let it sit for a while instead of immediately calling reconsideration.

You don't even have to apply today. My referral link is good through 10/24. Its just the bloggers trying to trick you so they get their cash.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
You don't even have to apply today. My referral link is good through 10/24. Its just the bloggers trying to trick you so they get their cash.
"Its just the bloggers trying to trick you so they get their cash. " SO RIGHT!!

SCARE TACTICS --- They started around OCT 10 and tried to fool us -I and anyone who sent out invites knew the were lying
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wonderboy
Just checking, but if we applied last week we don't need to be approved by today, correct? Figured I would let it sit for a while instead of immediately calling reconsideration.
In the past, for me at least, the app date, not the approval, is tied to the bonus.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Applied y'day... called today for a follow-up. Maybe it's too soon but they said "It's pending".

Last time (w/ Ink Bold) they transfered the call to credit analyst for a small Q&A session.

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:27 am

Current INK Bold holder (coming up on 1yr) , had INK Plus MC prior to Bold, applied on 10/13, sole proprietor, 6k revenue last year, decision pending. Was ready to trade bold for plus if I had to, but based on this thread just called the line and waited it out.

Each day still pending until this morning - approved with a credit line 2x bigger than my biggest chase CL...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:19 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Applied Saturday night (10/18) for my 2nd Ink Plus, used $1 for revenue... called this morning and received the easiest approval I've ever had. The guy basically told me right off the bat I would approved and did not need to move any credit. I was ready to put up an argument like normal but it wasn't needed. It was great!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Has anyone purchased gift cards with the Ink Plus to help meet the spending requirements?

They don't treat such transactions as a cash advance?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Spoke too soon. The public offer did expire yesterday!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by nsc168
Applied on 10/13, got pending w/ online application. Didn't call recon. Got letter in the mail today (10/17) about denied request. The reason was "too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us."

I have one other Chase card (United Mileage Explorer) and one on which I am a AU since 2002. I don't have any business cards, and legitimately have a business w/ $25,000 a year of revenue. I applied for a SW Premiere personal card on 9/30 on which I haven't heard a decision about yet.

So, I guess I'll call recon ASAP to see if I can be reconsidered, maybe with a credit reallocation?

I'm kind of confused by this decision, to be honest. I thought I had a pretty good chance of getting approved, given that I have a 780+ credit score (Credit Karma), but it looks like they pulled Experian for this decision.
Just wanted to follow up on this experience. Called Recon just a few minutes ago. Talked to CSR, who asked the following questions:

- How long have I had my business?
- What is the nature of my business?
- What was gross income of business in 2012; how much profit from business in 2012?
- What was gross income of business in 2013; how much profit from business in 2013?
- What is my full time job? How long have I had that job?
- What is my expected annual spend on business?
- What types of purchases do I make for business? (told her mostly inventory, custom print orders - did not mention office supplies)

Before she reviewed the application, I also told her that I'm fine if she took some credit from another Chase card. I just found out from her that my new SW card was approved with a $12,000 limit. My United Explorer card also had a $12,000 limit.

She came back after the application review and said I've been approved, but will only be given a $5,000 credit limit, which will be pulled from my choice of the two other Chase cards. I chose to have her reduce the CL on the SW card.

A little disappointed only to get $5000 credit limit (because I definitely go over that sometimes, but I told her I average $2-$3k in business expenses per month). I definitely don't need $24,000 of personal credit on the other two cards. She told me that if I wanted to increase the CL, it will be an additional credit pull. She also said it will be difficult in the future to redistribute personal CL to business CL.

But, I can't complain. I got a really good deal: 70k UR points and my first business card. I'm done applying for new CCs for a while!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:52 pm
Suspended

What did people have to do to combine the UR points from this Ink Plus card with the UR points from personal Chase credit cards?

I had to create a different Chase account just to access my Ink Plus card. The one I had already for my personal credit cards couldn't "see" the Ink Plus nor could I add it to that account.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Same questions I was asked today. Told him I needed the Plus card because I wanted a 'credit' card so I could carry a balance. I was approved with a $5000 CL. Second 'Plus' card this year.

Originally Posted by nsc168
Just wanted to follow up on this experience. Called Recon just a few minutes ago. Talked to CSR, who asked the following questions:

- How long have I had my business?
- What is the nature of my business?
- What was gross income of business in 2012; how much profit from business in 2012?
- What was gross income of business in 2013; how much profit from business in 2013?
- What is my full time job? How long have I had that job?
- What is my expected annual spend on business?
- What types of purchases do I make for business? (told her mostly inventory, custom print orders - did not mention office supplies)

Before she reviewed the application, I also told her that I'm fine if she took some credit from another Chase card. I just found out from her that my new SW card was approved with a $12,000 limit. My United Explorer card also had a $12,000 limit.

She came back after the application review and said I've been approved, but will only be given a $5,000 credit limit, which will be pulled from my choice of the two other Chase cards. I chose to have her reduce the CL on the SW card.

A little disappointed only to get $5000 credit limit (because I definitely go over that sometimes, but I told her I average $2-$3k in business expenses per month). I definitely don't need $24,000 of personal credit on the other two cards. She told me that if I wanted to increase the CL, it will be an additional credit pull. She also said it will be difficult in the future to redistribute personal CL to business CL.

But, I can't complain. I got a really good deal: 70k UR points and my first business card. I'm done applying for new CCs for a while!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by wco81
What did people have to do to combine the UR points from this Ink Plus card with the UR points from personal Chase credit cards?

I had to create a different Chase account just to access my Ink Plus card. The one I had already for my personal credit cards couldn't "see" the Ink Plus nor could I add it to that account.
I think you have to call in. I can't do it online either.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:32 am
Suspended

THat said, would there be a problem linking to the same frequent flyer account from two different UR (Chase) accounts?

You have to transfer a minimum of 1000 miles at a time and you can transfer many times right, like 1 transfer of 10k miles or 10 transfers of 1k miles each or some combo in between?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by wco81

Unless something changed recently, you just go to the Transfer option under Ink. For the "From" selection, you have to type in the CC with the UR points since it's personal (won't automatically populate)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
So are the referrals still active through 10/24

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.