Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747
Some are approved with $0 revenue, so...
I was approved for $5k CL with $1 in revenue. First-ever biz card app. Had to call and was asked a few questions, but was approved right away.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I got both the SW Personal and Business last year in Oct. I haven't used the Business much (met minimum spend and have only charged may $200 since then). Also have Chase Freedom and a Chase Amazon. I'd like to apply for this but worry I'll get declined. I'd also like to close the SW Business (and Amazon), but i worry that will look bad. I'd rather have the UR points than the SW ones. Any recommendations on what to do? Cancel anything? Cancel first? After? Apply for Ink and if declined (likely), call in and say I'd like to switch? I actually do have a second business, so could do it that way, but ugh.
dont cancel. i was just approved for $21k and currently also have:
Amazon
TRU
Freedom
SW Personal and biz
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:23 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Chase Ink Plus - 70,000 offer!

Sent a referral email request on 10/2 and the person has yet to receive it. Anyone else have it take this long? 100% no it was the right email.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by indelible
dont cancel. i was just approved for $21k and currently also have:
Amazon
TRU
Freedom
SW Personal and biz
Good to know! I'll apply then cancel others in a few weeks I think. I have too many AFs. Did you get instant approval or have to get grilled?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:58 am
umc

Good to know! I'll apply then cancel others in a few weeks I think. I have too many AFs. Did you get instant approval or have to get grilled?
It's not a good idea to cancel a no annual fee card like the Amazon card.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:12 am

I applied for the card this morning and received the pending notice. Upon calling in a few minutes later, I was approved for $35K without any questioning.

Last edited by TTT103; Oct 12, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:55 am

I applied on Friday, 3 days ago and no reply. How long have you guys and gals been waiting to hear back from Chase? Maybe I should just call in?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thehogsters
I applied on Friday, 3 days ago and no reply. How long have you guys and gals been waiting to hear back from Chase? Maybe I should just call in?
Based on various experiences of my spouse and myself, I think waiting a week or two, then calling is maybe the best move. But of course others have had wildly different experiences. If I do apply and get pending on this one, I'll wait about 2 weeks then call. The bonus attached to your app should still hold even if it is expired by the time you are approved.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by thehogsters
Many of us call the same day or the next morning. Usually they just want to verify that "you are really you" or something about your business.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 12, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Based on various experiences of my spouse and myself, I think waiting a week or two, then calling is maybe the best move. But of course others have had wildly different experiences. If I do apply and get pending on this one, I'll wait about 2 weeks then call. The bonus attached to your app should still hold even if it is expired by the time you are approved.
I can think of no good reason to wait. Can you? Why sit there wondering for 10-14 days when a quick phone call can usually sort things out.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:16 am

I applied on 10/09/14 and was going to wait it out but decided to call this morning. Got some general business questions (legit business), and they took some credit from my Southwest card to apply to this card and I was approved!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by philemer
I can think of no good reason to wait. Can you? Why sit there wondering for 10-14 days when a quick phone call can usually sort things out.
I agree. I always prefer to just call and get my application approved over the phone instantly.

I also prefer to just knock out the spending within the first few weeks so that the bonus points show up on the first statement closing, but maybe this is just me.

It's strange, some people just don't like being grilled or asked questions about their business, even if they have a legit business. Or maybe they are just more patient than we are.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: CO Plat
Applied on Friday 10/10 and got a pending decision response. I just called in this morning and after a few questions (i.e. why do you need a second card since you have the bold, what kind of business is it, etc), i was approved with a 5k CL
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
It's strange, some people just don't like being grilled or asked questions about their business, even if they have a legit business. Or maybe they are just more patient than we are.
There's a certain business rep that upon calling will check ALL of your accounts for MS and will decline your app and write in your account notes that have you been abusing perks, eliminating your ability to call and appeal to another rep. Wait until you get him on the recon line, and you will understand many of our "patience".
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:11 pm

I finally applied today via the referral link, and got the pending decision notice.

I am also pending decision for the Southwest Personal Premiere card (applied 9/30; getting antsy). I called Recon for the SW card, and still got pending, so I'm just going to wait.

Now wondering whether I should call Ink Plus recon, as this is my first business card for a legit business. No history of MS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.