Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Yeah, I mean, the worst that'll happen if you call will be they don't give it to you, which is where you'll be if you don't call.

In my experience, though, you won't get it.
Well said.

Would it more sense to wait until statement posts before I start begging for a free pass ?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Anything is possible if you try hard enough. So the question is how much you are willing to work for it.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 8:29 pm

Weird thing I found with the Wiki link.

In Chrome incognito mode, the wiki link does not have a waived fee. I had to use this link to get the waived fee.

https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...card?CELL=63WS

Oddly, without incognito mode, the wiki link did have the waived fee.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:10 am

Can the points be used as cash back instead?

I'm considering getting the Ink Cash since I don't travel much and wouldn't have much use for redeeming points for travel. The comparison page (https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...ds?IM4R=Y538C4) says even Ink Plus points can be redeemed for cash back so that makes me wonder why anyone would ever get the Ink Cash card? What am I missing? Does the Ink Cash earn more cash back than I could get out of the Ink Plus?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by justinh20

I'm considering getting the Ink Cash since I don't travel much and wouldn't have much use for redeeming points for travel. The comparison page (https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...ds?IM4R=Y538C4) says even Ink Plus points can be redeemed for cash back so that makes me wonder why anyone would ever get the Ink Cash card? What am I missing? Does the Ink Cash earn more cash back than I could get out of the Ink Plus?
People don't get the Ink Cash card because they are not looking for cash back. Most people get the Ink Plus card because they want to earn UR points which provide more flexibility to redeem for travel or cash back. In your situation since you don't travel much it makes much more sense for you to get the Ink Cash card so you don't have to pay an $95 AF like you would do with the Ink Plus card.

For the Ink Plus card, while you do pay a $95 AF, you do get a higher yearly cap of $50K vs. $25K for Ink Cash card. Sounds to me that you would be better off with the Ink Cash card since you are mainly looking for cash back.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
People don't get the Ink Cash card because they are not looking for cash back. Most people get the Ink Plus card because they want to earn UR points which provide more flexibility to redeem for travel or cash back. In your situation since you don't travel much it makes much more sense for you to get the Ink Cash card so you don't have to pay an $95 AF like you would do with the Ink Plus card.

For the Ink Plus card, while you do pay a $95 AF, you do get a higher yearly cap of $50K vs. $25K for Ink Cash card. Sounds to me that you would be better off with the Ink Cash card since you are mainly looking for cash back.
So the only difference would be the AF? Theoretically, if I maxed out the Ink Plus I could end up with an extra $1250 ($25,000 higher cap * 5% = $1250) is that right?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:20 pm

So the only difference would be the AF? Theoretically, if I maxed out the Ink Plus I could end up with an extra $1250 ($25,000 higher cap * 5% = $1250) is that right?
Yeah I mean its still worth it to get the Ink Plus IMO over Ink Cash even if you want to do cash back because of the extra $25K you can max out in categories but you just gotta pay the AF. But then you also have to factor in that the Ink Plus gives 2x on restaurants which maybe useful in your situation but I doubt you will max that category out. Up to you on what you want to do.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
how often is the 70K bonus being offered? is it normally once a year? during summer months?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:18 am

After I get my last airline reimbursement on my Ritz card I plan on cancelling to get the annual fee refunded.

I also really want to pick up this Ink Plus - am I wrecking my chances by cancelling the Ritz? Should I apply for the Ink Plus before cancelling or wait for 70k offer?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:47 am

Chase Ink Plus Business Credit Card 60K Points w/ $5000 Spent in First 3 Months - IN

Chase Ink Plus Business Credit Card 60K Points w/ $5000 Spent in First 3 Months - IN BRANCH ONLY

Today through March 1, customers who open a new Ink Plus business credit card IN A CHASE BRANCH will earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first three months with the annual fee of $95.00 WAIVED. That’s 10,000 points over the current 50,000 point bonus offer.

New Ink Plus accounts opened through chase.com during this limited time offer period will be eligible for 60,000 bonus points, but will have a $95 annual fee that’s applied the first year.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:51 pm

Chase Ink Plus Now 60k Points, AF Not Waived

Didn't see this anywhere else, I know somebody mentioned it was available in branch but it's also available online.

https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu...card?CELL=63WS (no aff).

60k points after $5k in spend within three months. Annual fee of $95 is NOT waived.

Bonus was 70k points last year with AF not waived and it was also 60k points with it waived.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:51 pm
In memoriam

Looks as though Chase's test marketing of various offers is in full swing.

IMHO, paying $95 for 10K Ultimate Rewards Points is a little dubious. You can get 50K points with the standard offers for an INK card with annual fee waived for the first year.

But, of course, kudos to OP for helping to keep us informed.

PS This thread says that in branch only the offer is for 60K ULR with annual fee waived for first year. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-3-months.html

Last edited by biggestbopper; Feb 9, 2015 at 6:54 pm Reason: add info about no fee offer
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Looks as though Chase's test marketing of various offers is in full swing.

IMHO, paying $95 for 10K Ultimate Rewards Points is a little dubious. You can get 50K points with the standard offers for an INK card with annual fee waived for the first year.

But, of course, kudos to OP for helping to keep us informed.

PS This thread says that in branch only the offer is for 60K ULR with annual fee waived for first year. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-3-months.html
Yes I was able to apply for a card for myself and my wife. Banker also told me about the annual fee not being waived for only application.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:28 am

Even if you want the Ink Cash card, you should still get the Ink Plus card, get the 60K UR points, and then downgrade to the no AF Ink Cash the next year. With both cards you have the ability to redeem the points for cash back. I even prefer the Ink Cash for daily spend since you get 2x at restaurants.

Also, you can transfer UR points to Chase travel partners with the Ink Plus but you cannot with the Ink Cash.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:16 am

I had signed up for the 50k offer in late Nov. Secure message today and they added the 10k. Did not pay AF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.